Top Dmg = Best player in pvp?

Cooche

I hit for 5.2k on full champ gear, when a ball carrier needs to go down he goes down, I walk away from 1v1 to get to the objective and I do good dmg, I do not spam when I do not need to, this makes me a bad player?

TBH, I think you need to learn 2 read, I hit harder than most ppl, I get more objective points, I don't really think 140k average is "low low dmg" but your probably a BH spamming those tracer darts like a baws.

you are lying.

have not seen anyone but knights / warriors getting that 5k medal after 1.1.

operatives maybe, but that will change with 1.1.1.

but yea, dmg doesnt matter as long as you win, AND TALK MADE **** TO THOSE IMPERIAL NOOBS.

I hit for 5.2k on full champ gear, when a ball carrier needs to go down he goes down, I walk away from 1v1 to get to the objective and I do good dmg, I do not spam when I do not need to, this makes me a bad player?

TBH, I think you need to learn 2 read, I hit harder than most ppl, I get more objective points, I don't really think 140k average is "low low dmg" but your probably a BH spamming those tracer darts like a baws.

I'm a BH spammer because apparently only they can reach good damage? No, I'm a sharpshooter. You just probably need to be more active in the WZs.

I do measure class DPS by their classification, i.e. if you're a ranged DPS then the guy who did the most DPS in that classification is almost always the best player. It's not like while you're shooting at the ball carrier, the other guy was actually shooting at a training dummy the whole time for his 400K total damage done. Yes, of course sometimes it matters how that damage is applied, but if there is a large disparity (say, 50K+ difference) the guy who did the most damage, in the same damage classification, is almost always the best player.

Now if you want to compare a melee to a range, or a ranged who actually healed, then that is no longer valid. But most people tend to be pretty focused in doing damage.

Top damage, just like high healing, generally means you made the highest impact on the wz. It doesn't always, but usually yes. You can be at the top and play the objectives, it's not like top damage ran to a corner and ignored the objectives all game.

Top damage, just like high healing, generally means you made the highest impact on the wz. It doesn't always, but usually yes. You can be at the top and play the objectives, it's not like top damage ran to a corner and ignored the objectives all game.

Pretty much this, I usually ranged from 3-400k on average every match as a guardian going for objectives, there's not really any excuse for 140k damage unless you sit on a base in Alderaan all game with noone coming by.

Don't worry about what other people have to say and just play your game the way that is fun for you. You're the one paying the monthly bill, not them.

Some people are just playing to get high scores. Others are working toward the objectives. Some are trying to do both.

Baddies use this excuse in TF2 also. "Working towards the objectives" is a faulty excuse in this game because everybody is always at the objectives because that's where the action is. A player who mindlessly tries to accomplish objectives even while under fire is completely wasting his time. If you are a DPS class, you should be dealing damage. You can wipe people out really, really fast if you focus 2 or 3 really good players on a single target. If you're a healer, you should be supporting your strongest players. If you're a tank, you should be holding a point single-handedly because you are incredibly hard to kill.

Each player has their role to fill, but when people finish a full length game with 20k damage, 0 protection and 2k healing, they are not contributing ANYTHING to the game and should just leave. You cannot excuse them as "trying to accomplish the objectives" or "supporting their team in a non-damaging way", they are simply garbage players. If you want to campaign against scoring people in competitive settings, perhaps you should lobby to remove the grade system from public schools.

Edited by krameriffic