They killed a whole class

Sathid

Any scoundrel or operative agreeing that we were/are overpowered have never dealt with the challenging scenario of facing a savvy enemy or well organized combatants. Newbie operatives if you will.

So tell us, mighty whiners, what is our role now?

If you guessed being /danced at while you give it everything you have to unsuccessfully try to kill someone you win.

QFT

10char

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem with the nerf, that everyone should be concerned with, is that it wasn't merely "toning" down a class.

The operative class was built around quick kills (burst) bringing little utility to a group setting. You bring an operative to do damage, not to carry a ball or use defensive cooldowns to help the team. Without the added utility, where does that leave them?

Anyways, the big concern for every one should be the poorly thought out tuning. The next class that gets posts on the forums by non-50, poorly geared, etc should expect the same treatment. No thoughts given to the long-term viability, just a sharp nerf to appease the community. Mark my words.

Ops needed an enormous nerf, and even if your questionable math is right, it may be warranted. That being said, I am concerned with the way bw seems to over correct problems, so we'll see.

The comments about sorcs are silly though. Sorcs do have a lot of utility available, though a lot of it is mutually exclusive through talents, something people who don't play them don't realize, but they really aren't all that powerful. What people need to understand is the reason there are so many sorcs is not because of their gameplay, it's because of their lore. Everyone wants to shoot lightning out of their fingers and be a ******, and that lore factor is what explains their numbers.

Just wait, as people roll alts their numbers will go down quite a bit. Everyone just had to get the lightning out of their system. On a side note, the very visible lightning animation is another reason people see them as op.

Uhm no i believe you are wrong and here's why.

What are the two most played Empire classes in this game and would cause outrage if they were touched? those are your OP classes and everyone on this forum knows it,,,mate.

Your tears are flooding this thread.

Dude ops would pop stims, unstealth, kick you in the nuts and kill you before you can even react. Nerf was needed.

You have plenty of stuns and utilities to keep someone locked down and kill them anyway.

Seriously nobody should kill people in 3 seconds. Hell thats not even pvp.

Dude ops would pop stims, unstealth, kick you in the nuts and kill you before you can even react. Nerf was needed.

You have plenty of stuns and utilities to keep someone locked down and kill them anyway.

Seriously nobody should kill people in 3 seconds. Hell thats not even pvp.

Except they don't. Jarring Stike fills resolve. No more stuns a 2 second root is it. ability to close a gap? almost nonexistent no charge no pull no move fast just walk slowly towards the bad man and hope laceration crits.

Oh look operative/smug damage nerfed 50% so what now instead of 6-9k crits they do 3-4.5k crits LIKE ALL THE OTHER CLASSES?

Did you really expect being able to kill tanks in full pvp gear before they could respond wouldnt be fixed?

Edited by Xerkics

time to time, in the game when put this patch we can chek the realy damage, i think that this nerf is good because today they hit you 6k+6k+4k dowm when you are in cc.

Agreed.

I'm a 50 sorc with full champ gear and several BM pieces. Post 1.1 I was still getting hit with 8k+ crits by them and then followed up with 4-6k crits along with their dots, and ability to vanish. This was being done by players with less gear than me. If my stun breaker was up I could manage to survive(by running away, slowing/stunning them, healing myself, and doing barely any damage). People who are claiming that this nerf is unwarranted or is too big of a nerf are either an operative/scoundrel who isn't level 50 with decent gear, an op/scoun who is level 50 and geared but doesn't know how to play their class, or someone who hasn't been up against a good op/scoundrel.

Thread title should be changed to "They balanced a whole class."

Edited by fratricide

No one will even use Shoot first now in pvp. Why would anyone use 1.5 second stun that maxes someones resolve? The fact that you're opening from stealth alone gives you a free ~1 second before someone begins to react because of lag. So you gain about half a second and slightly more damage than opening with a back-blast but you completely resolve immune someone so you can't use the talented root or 4 second stun. It's bad enough the class doesn't have any strong defensive cooldowns or gap closers.

A nerf was definitely needed, however not without compensation. Scoundrels will need some form of gap closer on a 45 second cooldown if this change goes live.

They should have moved 50% of the damage into a 9 second long DoT (so a 6k crit before the nerf now is a 3k crit upfront and a 3k dot) and left the stun at 3 seconds.

Edited by SeanPoe

Maybe now operatives will actually learn to innovate like all the other classes rather than sticking to their 1 crutch. Omg we might see....gasp...healing operatives/smugler in warzones. Whatever will happen next.

P.S: In a pvp environment nerfs can turn into buffs you never know they might get something good in return once they had more time to test things.

Edited by Xerkics

OH MY GOD

THE SKY

THE SKY IS FALLING ON MY HEAD

OH GOD

****in' relax. I do an asston of damage right out of the gate. Now I'm going to do slightly less. I will still blow people right out of their boots.

Glad to see you're taking this well.

Agreed.

I'm a 50 sorc with full champ gear and several BM pieces. Post 1.1 I was still getting hit with 8k+ crits by them and then followed up with 4-6k crits along with their dots, and ability to vanish. This was being done by players with less gear than me. If my stun breaker was up I could manage to survive(by running away, slowing/stunning them, healing myself, and doing barely any damage). People who are claiming that this nerf is unwarranted or is too big of a nerf are either an operative/scoundrel who isn't level 50 with decent gear, an op/scoun who is level 50 and geared but doesn't know how to play their class, or someone who hasn't been up against a good op/scoundrel.

You're lying. Full champ with several BM pieces getting opened on for 8K-6K means he either had every allowable buff while you had no shield on and has at least as much expertise as you OR you're making these numbers up. Try using a healing consumable, I mean to put out that damage he obviously had to use Relic+Buff+Overcharge. So out of KD apply shield and Consume. Knock him back DoT him and laugh while kiting.

If you expect to win a 1v1 where he uses a found pvp buff a 3 minute CD consumable a 2min cooldown relic without using cooldowns of your own get out of here.

We exposed our secrets and handed you counter strategies on a silver platter but you weren't happy, you didn't want to adapt. You wanted the sheer malevolent action of a nerf because of past grievances.

Counter-strategies? Like what exactly? Please enlighten me? What's a Seer supposed to do against an operative that appears out of nowhere, stunlocks, and kills before the stun wears off? The stunbreaker will almost always be on cooldown since as a healer I'm the prime target for everyone's cc, and even if it isn't you can just vanish and do the same thing again. So, what exactly am I supposed to do? Pray? Yell at the monitor?

The whole point is that THERE IS NO COUNTER-STRATEGY. AT ALL. You don't even get a chance to use ANY ABILITIES AT ALL.

And if you go with the usual 'I'm the rock and you're scissors' excuse please enumerate ONE class that's the 'paper' for me. Meaning a class which I can kill just as reliably and easily as you can kill me.

Agreed.

Thread title should be changed to "They balanced a whole class."

Your so full of it and you know it.

What lelvania said the squishies had no chance at all previously. Youd see people spamming their shields non stop they were so terrfied an op might get them. Thats not helping anyone is it?

Can we get rid of shields now then? only seems fair.

Thank god, operative/smuggler openers were way too loaded.

50% armor pen + Nuke + Dot + 4 sec stun .. really? 4 globals for the price of 1. Not to mention I'm able to vanish and do it all again after resolve wears off, no one even stood a chance. (Full champ, btw) No one can beat me 1v1, at least now they might stand a fighting chance, LOL JK they wont. Maybe the rest of you Ops should l2p instead of relying on a crutch of a broken class.

Edited by VertisReaper

Can we get rid of shields now then? only seems fair.

The point was that the sorcs or whoever had these were so terrified theyd spend all the time recasting the shields rather than contributing to the team, now the shields wont be up as much actually making it easier for the op/scoundrel to get some kills in as well as other classes.

P.S also since we are on the subhect of sorcs the republic equivalent is hardly worse its just that psychologically lightning seems to have more of an impact rather than random gravel flying in your face i can never take it seriously no matter how many times it kills me.

Edited by Xerkics