Community Blog: Ilum PvP issues

CourtneyWoods

Not all ilum, a billion things in pvp need change. Heal too over in pvp with the expertise system. This game have too much slow, you got slow all the time. This break the fun of pvp, that is mobility, you cant tatical move in battle cos everything makes you slow. This is annoying. If a melee get near you, you cant get out, cos' they can jump on you all the time, the melee range is too far, you got slowed all the time, he can use push back to reset leap, this dumb.

If game keeps with slow all the time, people will quit it for sure.

as dps if i get sombody dpsing well equipped that i cant kill him.

But if i get sombody less equipped healing, i cant kill. Please fix this heal in pvp.

Everything having the same bonus with expertise, it buff healing more than dpsing. I already explained that in other post, it's math.

• Replies 725
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, so I am really confused. BW launches changes to Ilum to encourage PvP. We had like 200 people battling it out the first night. We gained a lot of valor, through legitimate in-game combat. I personally died numerous times during the course of battle and legitimately slew large numbers of rebels. Most of the time, the rebels were hanging out near their turrets, trying to lure people to their deaths or drop AOEs on them. Toward the end of the battle, their numbers dwindled. When it go to the point where the rebel numbers could not sustain the conflict, we packed up and went home. No one was getting valor at that point anyway, because you don't get valor for repeatedly killing the same players.

So now the devs are upset because players engaged in combat using the system they put in place and are exploring banning and valor reductions??? How exactly are their players supposed to know when they are doing "too well" in the game. I understand banning exploiters, but thousands of players used the system as it was intended...to fight other players....and now potentially will get penalized.

I find this highly offensive. We cannot read minds Bioware..... The next time you do not want us playing your game as you designed it, please let us know.

HAHA i have never seen anyone say "flame retardant undies" Kudos good sir.

Your bank analogy is good, and i understand the similarities you made, but those similarities were under the assumption that there was intended abuse (after all, no one mistakenly robs a bank) but it's fair to assume not every player thought what they were doing was some form of abuse, or even the majority of players some may argue (I'm sure most everyone thought it was stupid, or broken, but some people think Agents in WZ's are too, and its not exactly abuse to play an agent in WZ's), but in order to roll back rewards, you would have to punish people unaware that they were abusing the game which would be completely unreasonable.

I stand by my logic and my post, Bioware made a mistake, people played the game as it was during this period, some better than others, not their fault.

I don't know how things were done on your server, but on mine Ilum general chat and Fleet general chat were full of advertisements like "Come one, come all, to take advantage of the Ilum valor exploit before BW fixes it!"

People knew what they were doing was, at the very least, taking advantage of a mechanic that would soon be fixed. That, by the way, is the very definition of exploiting.

@ IkeBohm (ahem)

Reponding to people with an @ sign has been around a hell of a lot longer than Twitter has. I remember responding to people in newsgroups in such a manner, over 20 years ago...

OK, so I am really confused. BW launches changes to Ilum to encourage PvP. We had like 200 people battling it out the first night. We gained a lot of valor, through legitimate in-game combat. I personally died numerous times during the course of battle and legitimately slew large numbers of rebels. Most of the time, the rebels were hanging out near their turrets, trying to lure people to their deaths or drop AOEs on them. Toward the end of the battle, their numbers dwindled. When it go to the point where the rebel numbers could not sustain the conflict, we packed up and went home. No one was getting valor at that point anyway, because you don't get valor for repeatedly killing the same players.

So now the devs are upset because players engaged in combat using the system they put in place and are exploring banning and valor reductions??? How exactly are their players supposed to know when they are doing "too well" in the game. I understand banning exploiters, but thousands of players used the system as it was intended...to fight other players....and now potentially will get penalized.

I find this highly offensive. We cannot read minds Bioware..... The next time you do not want us playing your game as you designed it, please let us know.

Because it was very obvious that what was happening was not what was supposed to happen you goofed now deal with it.

I think the BioWare devs need to read this link, get a good night's sleep, wake up with a strong cup of coffee, take responsibility for their bad open world PvP design, and get to work writing some new code...

http://www.cracked.com/blog/the-7-biggest-dick-moves-in-history-online-gaming/

:eek:

The open world PVP design is sound they just had a major problem with it. They fixed it now it's all good IMO.

@primediusx

As stated previously - it's very unlikely that you'll be penalized for earning an additional level or two. The folks who are going to get hammered are the ones who spent many hours camped within AOE range of repub spawn points grinding massive valor.

@primediusx

As stated previously - it's very unlikely that you'll be penalized for earning an additional level or two. The folks who are going to get hammered are the ones who spent many hours camped within AOE range of repub spawn points grinding massive valor.

And they should IMO.

Even though they have the tech to track who was involved in the massive valor camping on Ilum, there is no way they are going to take the time to punish each of them individually. They can't afford to do that with all the other game issues they have yet to address. It would simply take too many man-hours to do so.

So basically, they'll slap a couple of people on the wrist to show that Bioware at least did something, but the mass majority of offenders will go unpunished. Finally, they will sweep this giant fail under the rug.

The End.

Edited by Sanctuss

Actually IkeBohm it seems that virtually everyone knows a TROLL when they encounter one, and you qualify handsomely.

Go and spread your discord elsewhere - your negative attitude is not welcome here.

AGAIN. You cannot prove me wrong. Thus you say I am troll. You are wrong my fair lady.

The open world PVP design is sound they just had a major problem with it. They fixed it now it's all good IMO.

I guess that is open to debate, especially on servers with a substantially larger Imp population (I am Imp btw). Let's hope you are right.

Even though they have the tech to track who was involved in the massive valor camping on Ilum, there is no way they are going to take the time to punish each of them individually. They can't afford to do that with all the other game issues they have yet to address. It would simply take too many man-hours to do so.

So basically, they'll slap a couple of people on the wrist to show that Bioware at least did something, but the mass majority of offenders will go unpunished. Finally, they will sweep this giant fail under the rug.

The End.

It can easily be all automated. It wouldn't take any man hours beside making the script if it doesn't already exist.

Edited by Joeymtl

It's interesting that Jeff states here that Bioware takes exploits and unfair gameplay seriously.

And yet on my server - I have a growing list of Warzone players - who deliberately AFK during a match - to get free points for themselves (by doing nothing) and putting our Repub team at a disadvantage.

It is odd that players when AFK will be timed-out and kicked out of a Warzone if they are in the start area - but once they enter the fight ground - they can AFK and do nothing - and get points for free - while the Repub team - usually facing a higher level Sith crowd - fights with one man down - giving a good advantage to the Imps.

Now many of the Repub players I play with even recognize the names of the players - that is these AFK/Exploiters have been doing it now for so long on our server - we've gotten to know who they are whenever they enter a match.

These exploiters have been reported/ticketed repeatedly. One player said he's been doing a ticket daily on one guy.

AND YET NOTHING HAS BEEN DONE AT ALL. No official response. NOTHING. The exploit is still taking place.

So - I dunno. On one hand we're being told this stuff is being taken seriously. On the other hand - there have been AFK/exploiters now in the PvP warzones for weeks.

Is there some kind of mis-communication between management and the people responsible for monitoring cheating in game?

Edited by jamenta

I guess it's intended that the Imperials camp just out of range of the turret and AOE spam the exit, instead of camping directly on top of the respawn, right?

At least we can spawn, right?

Right?

I wholly understand the design intention is to force players to fight other players, thus is the entire premise of this planet. However, forcing them to stand around and wait for any player dumb enough to try to come out of the base instead of actually fighting over the objectives you spent so long designing is a huge flaw.

Sure, we could use the speeder and go to one of the more northern points, away from our base and the larger swarm. But, what does this accomplish? There are still 10 or 15 Imperials standing around the central objective fighting over armament spawns, so grabbing those is out of the question...

You've literally made Ilum completely irrelevant to Republic players on servers with a nasty imbalance. Well, perhaps not irrelevant, but a complete waste of time is probably a better analogy.

I understand the design intent, and I like the potential, but I'm afraid the people actually playing this game would rather herd together and absolutely decimate the faction they oppose nearly 4:1 on some servers, rather than fight over the armaments in the middle of the map. Especially now that it grants them rediculous amounts of valor for doing so.

I have been on Illum for the last few days admitedly im not on a pvp server but Illums pvp area and the one one tatt have alot in common 1 there vast streches of baren wasted space no one wants to visit and 2 the pvp thing isnt happening there ... at all the tatt zone at least has an GTN so maybe theres some attraction there but illums just empty no npcs no resorse nodes no mobs just endless empty space im not even sure what the point is of the vehicals out there are the repbulics ones have been destroyed for days and no one seems to want to repair them so the sith can break them agan because why would we its not like theres a zone buff or an area only accessable to the side that contorles ilum. Its a big map lots of room to add stuff so hopefuly yall can add in some reason for people to care to go out there soon.

And yet on my server - I have a growing list of Warzone players - who deliberately AFK during a match - to get free points for themselves (by doing nothing) and putting our Repub team at a disadvantage.

It is frustrating but I can say that it also happens on the Imp side. All one can do is report them. Personally I would like to see PvP only offer vanity gear and no experience, and in that way only the people who really enjoy PvP for PvP sake would be out there. :p

It is frustrating but I can say that it also happens on the Imp side. All one can do is report them. Personally I would like to see PvP only offer vanity gear and no experience, and in that way only the people who really enjoy PvP for PvP sake would be out there. :p

I enjoy PvP ,but I like to get rewards for all of my effort of putting up with the morons.

Edited by IkeBohm

"we discovered that the Open World PvP area on Ilum was not working as our PvP design team intended."

so your player base may face valor reductions or account actions

id hope your "pvp design team" faces payroll reductions or employment actions

side note .... i didnt see anybody crying when han basecamped the shield generator on endor