If you buy a Toyota, don't expect a BMW.

SClay

What I'm trying to say is, You're buying a brand new game (SWTOR in this case). You cant expect this brand new game to have all the features a much older game would have currently. You need patience in order to enjoy the game, which it seems a lot of you don't have. I guarantee you a good 92% or so of the features you players keep moaning about will be added to SWTOR within the following months. So please be patient and enjoy! :)

This is all great and good if you are talking about the game purely from a "quantity of content" point of view...When you are dealing with quality and features, it's an entirely different ballgame.

taking your car analogy here... Cars didn't always have seatbelts, but will you find cars now that are made without them? antilock breaks? AC or a heater? Power steering?

These things aren't required to make a car work, but they are all still included in all car designs nowadays why? Because it makes the product better, as such new cars are designed with these things included...would you buy a car that you had to go back to the factory in 3 months to have your seatbelt installed, then come back in another 6 months for your AC...etc...

You could take the same perspective on MMO game design. There are certain features that a game should be designed to include from the ground up based on this game's predecesors that have set standards for the industry and for the gamers...many of these features are consistantly brought up on these forums daily.(I purposly am not making a laundry list to avoid that whole debate). These are the things that should have been included in the original draft of the game...not be patched together later.

New content will come...of that I have no doubts. Just because previous games didn't launch with XYZ feature that gamers have come to appreciate and depend on, doesn't mean that new games shouldn't include those desired features coming out of the gate.

Edited by LeComte

What I'm trying to say is, You're buying a brand new game (SWTOR in this case). You cant expect this brand new game to have all the features a much older game would have currently. You need patience in order to enjoy the game, which it seems a lot of you don't have. I guarantee you a good 92% or so of the features you players keep moaning about will be added to SWTOR within the following months. So please be patient and enjoy! :)

This is a horrible analogy