Botters in PVP

Seeded_Rancor

I must say im getting quite tired of the ppl who go to warzones an hide in some corner for free exp. we have to be able to do something about this. Its getting really ridiculous with 2-3 ppl in a warzone just camping an hiding in a corner leaving the rest of the team hang out to dry.

Report them. Open a ticket and give the players name, level and class. Along with a brief description of their behaviour.

Kicking them from the warzone is a short term fix. Take a minute to report them and they will get banned. Simple.

Don't throw it back on BW saying that they need to hire someone to watch every warzone on every server. We, the players, can do that and help them help us have a better community and game experience.

You can report them and action will be taken, or don't report them and continue to let them grief you in warzones.

This will become an issue when people start/continue to ignore it.

We, the players, need to be pro-active and ostracise these gold/valor bot farmers from the community.

I'm really not sure what your saying the issue is, what people hiding in cover - or in stealth ? that to me is the nature of their class, they work from the fringes of a battlefield they are not supposed to be right in the middle of it.

He is talking about people hiding and not participating in the fight just to get easy exp.

Make it so if you take/inflict/heal no damage in a match, you receive no reward at all...maybe ditto if you go 3 minutes without doing that as well. People will stop AFKing in them when they get no reward for it.

They're not going to ban people for going AFK...life happens. Might as well get that idea out of your head.

I'm really not sure what your saying the issue is, what people hiding in cover - or in stealth ? that to me is the nature of their class, they work from the fringes of a battlefield they are not supposed to be right in the middle of it.

he is talking about afk ppl not doing anything to win/help just leeching while afk.

Edited by Badlander

How is standing in a corner doing nothing botting?Botting is running a program having the game play for you not standing in corner that is just freeloading lol.I am agianst botting also but to call that botting really.

A Party Vote to boot a player from the Ops Party is a very sufficient fix; so don't say there isn't a fix because i know in other games they have a system that the players can vote to kick ppl from a party.

Sadly, then this becomes a measure for elitists to boot out players who are there to work and learn, yet aren't up to the elitist standards.

Edited by TheBBP

Make it so if you take/inflict/heal no damage in a match, you receive no reward at all...maybe ditto if you go 3 minutes without doing that as well. People will stop AFKing in them when they get no reward for it.

They're not going to ban people for going AFK...life happens. Might as well get that idea out of your head.

No, unless you want even less people to bother defending points in ACW. You can easily go a few minutes without seeing any action there.

We had this guy on twin spears doing it for a while. Almost every game of huttball you'd hear groaning in general about getting the bot on someone's team. People kept reporting him but he was around for at least 4 hours. of straight huttball botting.

I do it for two reasons, i'm constantly slotted into huttball games with no exit buttons so i've figure if i've got to stand around and wait to leave i might as well stay and pick up the xp/commends etc. Afterall the game has just wasted 15 min of queue time for me and slotted me into a game mode i loath and cannot avoid (huttball). Not to mention the grave balance issues of being a new lvl 50 and slotted into a match against a team kitted in full gear, or a low level up against player 40+. Recipe for gank fest much??

Instead of whinging about the players, maybe take up these terrible issues with bioware and then we might make some progress in the game.

Edited by SWaotc

you mean the guys that run to a hidden corner and stealth and do not react move or respond to anything for the entire match?

I do it for two reasons, i'm constantly slotted into huttball games with no exit buttons so i've figure if i've got to stand around and wait to leave i might as well stay and pick up the xp/commends etc. Afterall the game has just wasted 15 min of queue time for me and slotted me into a game mode i loath and cannot avoid (huttball). Not to mention the grave balance issues of being a new lvl 50 and slotted into a match against a team kitted in full gear, or a low level up against player 40+. Recipe for gank fest much??

Instead of whinging about the players, maybe take up these terrible issues with bioware and then we might make some progress in the game.

*** are you talking about no exit buttons? Right click on pvp icon -> LEAVE WARZONE, I do it all the time, there is no penalty either.

Gear balance is something that can be battled by skipping pvp till you have some decent items, then just play support for a while if need be ;)

Gear balance is something that can be battled by skipping pvp till you have some decent items, then just play support for a while if need be ;)

Yeah i fought up to level 50 to become epic, then i realised i was back at level 1 with not a great deal to look forward too...

A Party Vote to boot a player from the Ops Party is a very sufficient fix; so don't say there isn't a fix because i know in other games they have a system that the players can vote to kick ppl from a party.

I don't like this cause it'll promote premades to boot low geared player cause they can. Just write up a ticket and it'll be taken care of.

THEY'RE whinging?