Swtor already dying?

Diaboligue

I thought i would give swtor a month before i judged it...but to be honest i knew after a week it was not good enough to compete with wow.

The planets just seem to get worse and now i am on taris and its just depressing to play.

I can't understand why they made these dark and dingy places to play.

I quested for a hour and i was so disapointed i went back to alderan in search of a quest.

I remember thinking "god i can't wait to get off drumond kaas it's so boring" well it is my favourite planet now after seeing the naff sand naff concrete jungles and dark and dingy hell holes that come after it.swtor was clever making us subscribe at the start rather than waiting for the free month to end

lol lvl 'ing fro m1 to 50 is the best part of tyhis game f you dont even like that , then go back to panda world seriously .. i'm usualy stating and agreeing to most this games misses and lacks but if you think the worlds are boring and arent barely passed lvl 30 then , dont even bother to come here and post your opinion

and maybe its your video card that lacks , not everything looks dark like you say, or maybe go play jedi side should lighten things up for ya :p

Edited by Genesizs

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The only people clinging to the idea of the game dying are the people who don't play it. Everywhere I go on my server (the Shadowlands), it's buzzing with people. Of course, not as much in the off-hours but at peak times I see people running about constantly. Might not be true for all servers.

Those graphs are the haters last ditch effort to feel like their opinions are validated. For whatever reason, they can't get over the idea that others are playing/enjoying the game. I don't know the appeal, but trying to convince others that something "sucks" or "is dead/dying" is a pretty big deal to some people. Maybe it's because they have nothing else to enjoy about their life.

And even when the game does die out, it won't matter. They'll just move on to the next hatewagon, while the rest of us find a new game to enjoy if we haven't already.

There's a ton of games I'm looking forward to trying: Tera, Guild Wars 2, Diablo 3, among others outside this genre... but SWTOR is here now and for the time being I'll enjoy what it has to offer.

well hope server merges are comming soon then or free server transfers whatever you would call them couse tere are some servers out there like mine where its getting harder and harder to find a group for ... anything ... (max 60 people on fleet on primetimes in weekend and friday lol)

You should re roll on another server definitely, some other class so you see some different story, and those characters on your server with few people can wait for the moment when some kind of character transfer is available.

It's not hard or boring to level a new character when you are on a server with plenty people everywhere doing stuff.

I changed my server this weekend, not because of low pop, server had very good population, lots of people always, but the downside was that almost everyone was Imperial :)

Edited by Vlacke

You should re roll on another server definitely, some other class so you see some different story, and those characters on your server with few people can wait for the moment when some kind of character transfer is available.

It's not hard or boring to level a new character when you are on a server with plenty people everywhere doing stuff.

I changed my server this weekend, not because of low pop, server had very good population, lots of people always, but the downside was that almost everyone was Imperial :)

Rerolling cannot be given as the solution to a problem that was the fault of the devs alone. And that was because they gave into queue QQ's at launch day when they should've known perfectly well what would be the outcome as seen in every other MMO launched before this.

Edited by byteresistor

Rerolling cannot be given as the solution to a problem that was the fault of the devs alone. And that was because they gave into queue QQ's at launch day when they should've known perfectly well what would be the outcome from every other MMO launched before this.

I agree with you, don't get me wrong.

The only reason i was ok with re rolling on another server is the fact that my friends agreed with it and we will level up again together which will be fun, so no problem.

Also none of our characters were 50, we played few alts also.

If that wasn't the case i would probably stay on the same server and do PvE only because PvP was impossible almost due to faction imbalance there.

Like i said my problem was not the lack of people.

On the other hand i cannot comprehend the reasoning of some people who decided to go to low pop server thinking all will be just fine.

On the other hand i cannot comprehend the reasoning of some people who decided to go to low pop server thinking all will be just fine.

Because some of these low pop servers weren't low pop a while ago. I know mine wasn't. But that besides the point, it's Bioware who screwed up and it's up to them to fix this mess with either server migration or server merges. Not to mention Bioware encouraged people to roll on low pop servers, not everyone is an MMO vet and knows what would be the outcome of that.

That's what the fanboys said about SWG too...

That pile of fail lasted long pass the point it had any reason to.. >.< NGE.. ha!

edit:Lets shoot for something fun.. my asherons call account is 12 years old =) Now thats longevity! Ahh its like being trapped in the 1800's heh

Edited by Nursewithwound

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.