Request for Individual Server Forums

Sarkav

Since there is no way to make a post to a wide audience in the new "Server Group Forums", I am restarting this post here to ask for individual server forums.

BW is always asking for feedback, so here is mine. The new group forums are not sufficient. We have been asking for individual server forums since the game started up, and that is what we still want. The group forums will quickly become a mess and I have no interest in what is happening on other servers.

This is a no brainier to me. We all know that it is trivial to add these, and you can allow the people on the server to flag and report any abuse on the forums so they never have to be actively moderated. I have never played an MMO without official server forums and I have always used them pretty extensively.

Edited by Sarkav

Completely agree. I don't really understand BioWare's thinking on this issue. I can't imagine there is a technical barrier preventing them from giving us real server forums. I don't think it has anything to do with traffic or database space because all more boards would do is divide the current traffic and posts that are already happening on the site.

I really really hate to be one of those conspiracy theorists but I get the impression that they are afraid that some individual server forums would get almost no traffic and it would reveal population information for individual servers. I think it is very silly to have to sift through a board where only a fifth or so of the threads actually pertain to me.

I try to be really forgiving with BioWare but they seem to keep dancing around this issue. There are already working forum models out there such as the WoW forums. That's all we want. Just give us individual forums for each server. Why did they take the time to build in a server dropdown menu when you create a thread when it would have been so much simpler to just create individual boards.

Edited by Chevex

There's really no reason they can't give us individual server forums, especially when we have server group forums now. The amount of moderation needed to clean up abuse is the same for individual forums as server group forums. There would the same number of posts, except they would be spread across more subforums. It's just an extra few clicks for moderators to look through each of them.

Completely agree. I don't really understand BioWare's thinking on this issue. I can't imagine there is a technical barrier preventing them from giving us real server forums. I don't think it has anything to do with traffic or database space because all more boards would do is divide the current traffic and posts that are already happening on the site.

I really really hate to be one of those conspiracy theorists but I get the impression that they are afraid that some individual server forums would get almost no traffic and it would reveal population information for individual servers. I think it is very silly to have to sift through a board where only a fifth or so of the threads actually pertain to me.

I try to be really forgiving with BioWare but they seem to keep dancing around this issue. There are already working forum models out there such as the WoW forums. That's all we want. Just give us individual forums for each server. Why did they take the time to build in a server dropdown menu when you create a thread when it would have been so much simpler to just create individual boards.

Having 200+ subforums would be more difficult to moderate / control. And there's your answer, IMO.

Having 200+ subforums would be more difficult to moderate / control. And there's your answer, IMO.

There is no reason to actively moderate those forums. We already have the ability to flag and report posts. As long as a moderator is available to respond to those requests, we can easily patrol our own forums.

There is no reason to actively moderate those forums. We already have the ability to flag and report posts. As long as a moderator is available to respond to those requests, we can easily patrol our own forums.

Yeah, but we're talking about Bioware here.

Agreed.

I have a hope that NOT having a forum for each individual server AT THIS TIME is a sign that the servers that no longer ever get heavy will be merged soon (my server has not been heavy this year yet).

I guess it's my fault for picking a server that was "only" heavy when I logged in the first time, but I kinda wanted to play instead of queue.

Agreed.

I have a hope that NOT having a forum for each individual server AT THIS TIME is a sign that the servers that no longer ever get heavy will be merged soon (my server has not been heavy this year yet).

I guess it's my fault for picking a server that was "only" heavy when I logged in the first time, but I kinda wanted to play instead of queue.

From what I've seen the last two nights, there are 40-50 NA servers that hit heavy during peak. (On Wednesday it was 58, last night it was 42.) That means about half the servers aren't getting beyond standard on week nights.

We'll know a little bit more about the true "peak" this weekend because the pops always increase over the weekend. Maybe you're right, and they do intent to do some server merges soon. If they do, I wouldn't criticize them because most devs wait way too long before doing merges because they are afraid of the negative press. Waiting too long to merge servers actually costs the developer members in the long run, though.

Edited by Mannic

Start your own, Helm of Graush server has their own, user run and operated forums for communications, event planning and guild recruitment.

Example: HelmofGraush.com - Its fairly simple to run and cheap.

Its an option, but honestly a poor one. You'll never have a wide audience like you would with an official forum.

It's not fair to expect them to hire enough moderators to handle more forums. It's not like you're paying for this service,

Next you will expect them to hire enough people to read individual CS tickets.

Edited by sangreal