Game running slowly on fast computer

MehrunesRazor

Can you post your actual laptop specs?

Most laptops aren't designed for gaming and I'd expect overheating to be an issue. Even my Asus G72-X "gaming" laptop is barely able to play SWTOR. The game is still having issues on some higher-end systems. I couldn't imagine trying to play on a laptop with integrated graphics :eek:

Edited by Demalpheus

If you've lowered your settings in-game, turned off shadows, and your framerate is still bad, check out this guide: http://segmentnext.com/2012/01/13/swtor-ini-tweaks-guide-graphics-and-performance/

SWTOR has lots of bells and whistles that you cannot alter in-game, but you can through the client settings. That guide will show you how to do it.

I had to do the same with my two-year old laptop. By the way, canyourunit.com told me that it passed with flying colors as well and my framerate was still terribad. Anyway, I followed the instructions in the guide and now my lag problems are solved.

Edited by Supervillainess

It ran like lightening through molasses skies for me, and then I changed my resolution. Give that a shot. I switch it to...I can't recall the exact number, but 10xx-720.

Runs perfect for me now...the occasional slowdown in highly populated areas but what else is new?

Edited by Listerman

last patch seems to have created a display issue in your settings. They are actually in a default high setting but your selections look like what you were playing pre patch.

Toggling setting to low then high thena djusting sets all settings at once and sync's the display.

I was having problems on my desktop post patch.

When setting up I prefer to start low and adjust up if feasible. Played alot of MMO's on a laptop and developing duct tape cooling assistance can also be beneficial (My Toshiba laptop required a jury rigged external fan ducting system for some games) as well as proper maintenance removal of dust build up etc.... Temp is a killer on laptops.

Yeah. I always had lag in certain areas but one of the latest patches made things go from bad to worse for me. But then I tweaked the client settings and now everything runs smoothly.

Another thing to try is this. Set the game to be compatible with Windows XP (Service Pack 3).

Right click on the game icon > Properties > Compatibility tab.

Edited by Supervillainess