The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

So the game isnt dead.

Halofax

Gameplay is nowhere near as responsive and smooth as it is for WoW. That and SWTOR is missing a TON of features.

That may be due to the graphics engine, which they can't change. Personally I think the game is plenty smooth and responsive. Ability delay sucks, deal with it :)

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Whoever goes back to WoW clearly has problems on a mental level.

At least 6 months of farming the same two 5 mans, 1 raid, and playing the most unbalanced and frustrating PvP in the world and the most boring leveling experience from last century.

I can only conclude one is a masochist for doing it.

No I wouldn't. That's like saying I have to buy the newest Lady Gaga album to know I won't like it. I know what kind of music she makes, so I know I'm not going to like it.

Exactly, you just proved my point. You know what kind of music she makes because you've heard it before.

Next?

I completely agree, I'm just saying that the core features of MMOs have been the same forever, yet all these people hate WoW because it's popular.

I dislike WoW because they turned it into Pokemon. Also, SWTOR is as smooth as WoW, and I played WoW for five years. Get a better computer/ISP.

Edited by Notannos
rude quote

I remember yesterday everyone said the game would be dead today.

That was just 22 professional ragers, a one eyed monkey, and a deranged parrot.

Their accounts expired yesterday, except for the parrot. The parrot resubbed and will continue the campaign.

Oh nice, I see you've played it already.

Lmfao :rolleyes:

You do know there is a website for WOW with all the information on it, right?

Panda Land was designed as an APril Fools Day joke originally.

raiding day chat will be funny:

Sorry, guys, I can't play tonight, I got C's on my report card and failed algebra!

I can play later, I'm grounded because I forgot to make my bed today!

My parents grounded me from the PC for a month for hitting my sister!

I dont hate wow.

I love SWTOR.

they are different things.

They are different things to a certain degree. The core features are the exact same, even 99% of the abilities are the same as WoW with different names. The face value and display is different, everything else is the same. Who cares? Play what you want and don't bash something for no reason. That just shows jealousy and envy.

My account still says something like it's about to renew. My bill date changed last night from the 19th to the 20th. I still haven't been billed yet.

So I don't know, maybe they're investigating all the claims of errors and no "cancel" button made by people here and have it on hold for now.

I'm not going to be resubbing but can still play so we'll have no indication of how many people have quit who bought from launch until we cannot play anymore.

You do know there is a website for WOW with all the information on it, right?

Panda Land was designed as an APril Fools Day joke originally.

raiding day chat will be funny:

Sorry, guys, I can't play tonight, I got C's on my report card and failed algebra!

I can play later, I'm grounded because I forgot to make my bed today!

My parents grounded me from the PC for a month for hitting my sister!

This isn't the first or last time that someone said WoW is for kids. Infact, it's been going on since vanilla.

I dislike WoW because they turned it into Pokemon. Also, SWTOR is as smooth as WoW, and I played WoW for five years. Get a better computer/ISP.

Oh so since they added a little mini game you hate the core game now? I bet you hate IPhones too. Enjoy driving a civic all your life, tool.

They are different things to a certain degree. The core features are the exact same, even 99% of the abilities are the same as WoW with different names. The face value and display is different, everything else is the same. Who cares? Play what you want and don't bash something for no reason. That just shows jealousy and envy.

No, liking SWTOR does not make me hate WoW.

I dont give a **** about wow.

Exactly, you just proved my point. You know what kind of music she makes because you've heard it before.

Next?

AND I've already played WoW.

So I already know what WoW's like, I have a frame of reference.

Then I have their list of added features.

Pandas.

Asian theme (and I'm like the anti-weeaboo, Asian art/themes turn me off of games completely. I actually all but refuse to play games even made by Japanese companies)

Pokemon battles

Crappy talent system.

So I already don't enjoy WoW anymore, and then they're making it worse.

Edited by Yfelsung

Gameplay is nowhere near as responsive and smooth as it is for WoW. That and SWTOR is missing a TON of features.

I have played WoW, the main point is WoW has developed from its initial days, and moved on. My Favorite MMO Anarchy Online did much the same, but there comes a time for it to die and something replace it.

Yes. it would be great if what does replace WOW starts off 10 points higher than WOW left off, but it wont, Accountants dictate that we go with the known, we dont waste money taking risks. so what we will get is something close to WOW.

That will then developand move on as the men in gray/grey suits feel things are going well.

I have little doubt SW TOR will continue. Now will it develop, will it become great, thats the little sad men in gray/grey suits to decide.

SWTOR is as smooth as WoW?

Okay.:

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=ability+delay&oq=ability+delay&aq=f&aqi=g1&aql=&gs_sm=e&gs_upl=122l1015l0l1183l10l7l0l1l1l0l270l1241l0.3.3l6l0

Also, look up the HUGE thread about it. It is certainly not hardware related.

Oh so since they added a little mini game you hate the core game now? I bet you hate IPhones too. Enjoy driving a civic all your life, tool.

I hate iPhones, I bought my first Apple product of an iPhone 4 in 2010 and you cannot do anything with it unless it is connected to iTunes. Felt so Restrictive so I bought a GS2 last year and it is so much better being on Android, being able to use flash player and all the codecs I want, I can also just transfer my FLAC music straight over. The massive 4.3 inch screen just looks so much better than a tiny 3.5 inch one.

You're awfully defensive and seem hostile when its talked about though. Why-so-intimidated? :cool:

Are you and WoW dating?

I make a thread that says SWTOR isnt dead and somehow you take that as me insulting a VIDEO GAME.

WoW doesnt have feelings.

AND I've already played WoW.

So I already know what WoW's like, I have a frame of reference.

Then I have their list of added features.

Pandas.

Asian theme (and I'm like the anti-weeaboo, Asian art/themes turn me off of games completely. I actually all but refuse to play games even made by Japanese companies)

Pokemon battles

Crappy talent system.

So I already don't enjoy WoW anymore, and then they're making it worse.

So essentially, what you're saying is this whole convo was a huge waste of time, and you could have told me you didn't like WoW initially.

:( why you do this to me.