So the game isnt dead.

Halofax

Ugh this again?

Listen, I played Everquest, too, and you just have to deal with everybody pointing out WoW first. Yes, EQ got spots on the news for people commiting suicide and what not, but WoW had a greater success than EQ ever did.

(

Yes WoW was a greater success, nobody can argue with that. But that wasn't my point. My point is that WoW was not the start of MMOs like a lot of people believe.

Edited by DarrkLore

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Not even a few minutes ago you told me you weren't bashing WoW. This is bashing WoW, considering you're saying the game wasn't playable. It was, I was there, and aside from occasional lag spikes and disconnects on the first day or 2, I had 0 problems with WoW from then until now. Yes they weren't ready for the influx of players, but that just shows how popular it became in such a short period of time.

I couldnt even login for the first month. Which i guess isnt bad considering i was playing a paladin. You know the class they reworked everything for between beta and release with no testing.

Edited by TheHeadCapper

Did you actually play this game?

90 percent of all gear is BoA, and money is useless.

You obviously just day one.

Huh? Yes, i actually played WOW since Vanilla.

Money is not useless either. Either having hundreds of gems, ore, enchanting mats, etc go worthless or get gold for them.

Sounds like you didn't play.

Honestly, I talk to people on my server about the stuff on the forums and most of them arent even aware of it.

Most of them dont know that every guy on the forums thinks they should just unsub now.

TBH most of the people on my server dont know about maintenance until the warning comes up.

the forums are the loud minority.

The majority of the low pop servers are US servers. Its 1 pm dude.

What? You were talking about EU servers. Why did you jump to talk about US servers all of a sudden? Are you trying to build up a some sort of a strawman where you assume I'm looking at US server lists?

Edited by byteresistor

I couldnt even login for the first month. Which i guess isnt bad considering i was playing a paladin. You know the class they reworked everything for between beta and release with no testing.

Cool memory, you're wrong. If you couldn't login for the first month, it was your fault, not theirs. My guild since launch until now has over 200+ active members, none of which seem to remember not being able to login for a month. Typical fanboy trying to bash WoW

Huh? Yes, i actually played WOW since Vanilla.

Money is not useless either. Either having hundreds of gems, ore, enchanting mats, etc go worthless or get gold for them.

Sounds like you didn't play.

I meant SWTOR.

The game we are talking about on the SWTOR forum.

What? You were talking about EU servers. Why did you jump to talk about US servers all of a sudden? Are you trying to build up a some sort of a strawman where you assume I'm looking at US server lists?

in 5 hours the US servers will be heavy.

Do you not understand time zones?

Honestly, I talk to people on my server about the stuff on the forums and most of them arent even aware of it.

Most of them dont know that every guy on the forums thinks they should just unsub now.

TBH most of the people on my server dont know about maintenance until the warning comes up.

I agree. But a loud minority trying to improve the game.

You know the difference? People on the forum will tell you why they'll be quitting months down the road. People on the server will just quietly quit and leave you wondering what you did wrong.

Personally, as someone running a business, if I had to choose one I would always go with former rather than latter. Knowing what you did wrong is the only way you can fix it.

Same here.

Yep, forum goers don't actually have much to do with a games success or failure as it turns out. If you went by forums WoW was dead long ago, but it will seems to have millions of subs.

Not clear if SWTOR will hit 1million consistently or not.

Does he have to prove to you that the game isnt dead?

Who are you anyway?

I'm the person who said I can enjoy more games than just SWTOR and don't need to bash other games because they're popular. I've called out about 5 of your statements that you've ignored too. Sorry for thinking he may have had an article or something. You're pretty defensive, tough day at the bestbuy job?

Cool memory, you're wrong. If you couldn't login for the first month, it was your fault, not theirs. My guild since launch until now has over 200+ active members, none of which seem to remember not being able to login for a month. Typical fanboy trying to bash WoW

Wow had massive queues, and Blizzard even stopped selling the game for a while to try and restrict the numbers, this caused some people in some timezones on some servers more problems than others, so both of you maybe right

Last night about a third of the U.S. servers were heavy. The rest were standard. Good news is, only 1 stayed light. Tonight, there will probably be more activity because of the weekend. We'll see a bump for Satruday and Sunday, as always, and then will get a better assessment of things starting Monday and Tuesday.

Edited by Mannic

Wow had massive queues, and Blizzard even stopped selling the game for a while to try and restrict the numbers, this caused some people in some timezones on some servers more problems than others, so both of you maybe right

Only a few servers had massive queues, not every single server. Happens in every MMO it seems anyway.

I'm still not following your logic. We've been talking about EU between you and me and now you're talking about US servers.

This is what a standard server looks at peak hours:

Coluud Corridor EU

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/851/screenshot2012012021444.jpg/

Edited by byteresistor

Yep, forum goers don't actually have much to do with a games success or failure as it turns out. If you went by forums WoW was dead long ago, but it will seems to have millions of subs.

Not clear if SWTOR will hit 1million consistently or not.

^This. The WoW forums have been filled with people threatening to cancel their sub unless they received instant gratification since Vanilla.

No, but he does have to prove that the game has "more players than ever before" if he's going to make such a claim.

Not really.

I'm sure its a generally common occurance for people to speak positively about a game on its devoted forums.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.