So the game isnt dead.

Halofax

It will be a successful "niche" game. Nothing more, nothing less ... it is what it is. Can we just accept that much.

The fact of the matter is people can speculate about the success or failure of this game until they're blue in the face, but nobody can absolutely predict the future. Only time will tell what's in store for the future of TOR.

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It doesnt matter that wow has 25 raids they personally invalidated with a stupid expansion scheme.

WoW has 1 endgame raid.

SWTOR has 2.

Which is true... every expansion invalidates the previous 'end game' content.

Which is why after Cataclysm I lost my last ounce of interest in playing WoW. Expansions are one thing, raising the level cap (which invalidates your current gear) and then releasing new content (which invalidates previous content) at regular 2 year intervals isn't that appealing to me.

That's because people who canceled are still able to log in, play and post.

Define success? 250k subs? 550k? Even a million? This game could have been bigger than WoW, but due to ineptitude, sheer pig-headedness and inability to see what is plainly in front of them, it'll end up mediocre at best.

so, WoW was an instant success one month after release?

I think not!

this is just your opinion anyway ( the absolute minority) even if you had one thousand people at your side with your beliefs .. that is less than point one percent (.1%) of the total player base ( not even a whole percent!)

It will be a successful "niche" game. Nothing more, nothing less ... it is what it is. Can we just accept that much.

It will probably have more montly subs than EQ ever did, so "niche" seems like a odd term. I guess "niche" compared to WoW but mostly likely it will be the number two Western MMO.

When I cancelled my WOW account, I kept playing until the last day. Most of it was just logging on to sell all crafting supplies, gear, crafted items, etc on the AH to make sure I got some gold before it was worthless. just in case I decide to ever play again.

Did you actually play this game?

90 percent of all gear is BoA, and money is useless.

You obviously just day one.

The fact of the matter is people can speculate about the success or failure of this game until they're blue in the face, but nobody can absolutely predict the future. Only time will tell what's in store for the future of TOR.

I can predict the future ...... we will all die, everything will die....when ? thats the hard bit

I think not!

this is just your opinion anyway ( the absolute minority) even if you had one thousand people at your side with your beliefs .. that is less than point one percent (.1%) of the total player base ( not even a whole percent!)

He did bring up a good point though. SWTOR will never have as many subs as WoW.

I think not!

WoW was one of the biggest 'instant successes' ever in terms of MMOs I'd say. It continued to trump game after game for all of these years too. Give credit where credit is due at least.

WoW was one of the biggest 'instant successes' ever in terms of MMOs I'd say. It continued to trump game after game for all of these years too. Give credit where credit is due at least.

WoW is a great game, and created the Age of MMOs.

That said SWTOR wont die anyway.

So, they dislike the game so much that they are going to play it right up to the point that they are locked out of it because their subscription ran out. Honestly, that doesnt make sense to me. If a person isnt getting enjoyment from something why would they continue to mess around with it....

I have to agree with you .. I think people just want to complain because for some twisted reason .. it makes them feel important?

I dopn't know why people insist on punishing themselves playing a game they don't even own or even obligated to play .. you don't like it .. just quit and walk away... simple as that.

/shrug I don't get it

Take a breathe, and click the server status page, which will show you several heavy load european servers.

The servers arent dead.

Where did I ever say there aren't heavy pop servers? All I have said that there's too many low pop servers. And incase you aren't aware standard IS low pop in this game.

Where did I ever say there aren't heavy pop servers? All I have said that there's too many low pop servers. And incase you aren't aware standard IS low pop in this game.

Since when does standard = low????

So what does that make light? limbo low?

I think not!

Actually, if you do some research, yes, yes it was. A month after release WoW subs were going UP, not down.

They even temporarily pulled the game out of the stores a month or so after release, if I remember right, because they simply couldn't deal with the influx of new players.

Edited by Sabbathius

The majority of the low pop servers are US servers. Its 1 pm dude.

When they merge servers it will be rampant whining about queues and quest node ninjas.

There is no win, only release.

He's not willing the game to die, he's trying to relieve you of your ignorance regarding the free month.

If people are going to quit why would they wait till free time is up? If I disliked a game that much I'd just quit, I wouldn't worry about a few extra days.

Actually, if you do some research, yes, yes it was.

They even temporarily pulled the game out of the stores a month or so after release, if I remember right, because they simply couldn't deal with the influx of new players.

They couldnt deal with new players because the servers were jacked and the game wasnt playable.

No it didn't... I believe Everquest was the first game to really popularize MMOs. And it came out long before WoW.

Ugh this again?

Listen, I played Everquest, too, and you just have to deal with everybody pointing out WoW first. Yes, EQ got spots on the news for people commiting suicide and what not, but WoW had a greater success than EQ ever did.

Yes, EQ was a great game, but it's time to move on... Although I would like some sandboxyness to come back to MMOs. :(

They couldnt deal with new players because the servers were jacked and the game wasnt playable.

Not even a few minutes ago you told me you weren't bashing WoW. This is bashing WoW, considering you're saying the game wasn't playable. It was, I was there, and aside from occasional lag spikes and disconnects on the first day or 2, I had 0 problems with WoW from then until now. Yes they weren't ready for the influx of players, but that just shows how popular it became in such a short period of time.

Edited by AmandaBynes

I remember yesterday everyone said the game would be dead today.

Still truckin'.

Now the consensus is Monday.

Cant we all just accept that the game, regardless of its mediocrity, will be successful?

No it wont kill wow (also mediocre), but its going to do fine.

Everything in the entertainment industry is mediocre. Avatar made a billion dolars in thearters.

Canceled subs are still active....go figure.

Again, no. They had a relatively low expectation of how many players they would get. I can't give you the exact number, I just don't remember. Instead, they got way more players, and the numbers just kept on growing.

Yes, servers were TOTALLY f***ed. I'm not denying that. From technical standpoint, the first YEAR of WoW was a nightmare. If you tried to raid on a Tuesday you were a moron, half the time we would end up being teleported from the instance to some random spot over Hillsbrad..about 10,000 feet in the air, and plummet to our deaths...still about 100 feet up, preventing us from rezzing without taking a 25% penalty.

It WAS a total mess. But it was a total mess because people kept coming in, because in spite of all that the vanilla version of the game, for its time, was AMAZING.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.