merc is only ranged healer right?

DukSaber

Hi, im not in game yet and trying to decide the class i want to play. My question is If I dont want to do Melee at all but i want to heal,,,is Merc bh the best option? Seems like it is but i might be missing something. Also how strong of a healer is a merc? Are HOTS used at all? Also how does merc play,,are people in groups healing and dps'ing or do you pretty much forget about dpsing in any kind of raid in a group.

thanks

For reference, the Sith Sorcerer is also a mainly ranged classes which can spec into healing. They technically have lightsabers, but it's not their primary function.

Ya the only time a Sorcerer ever uses a light saber is when a mob gets in their face to push them away.

• 1 month later...
Hi, im not in game yet and trying to decide the class i want to play. My question is If I dont want to do Melee at all but i want to heal,,,is Merc bh the best option? Seems like it is but i might be missing something. Also how strong of a healer is a merc? Are HOTS used at all? Also how does merc play,,are people in groups healing and dps'ing or do you pretty much forget about dpsing in any kind of raid in a group.

thanks

i can answer how the merc plays. its a pretty basic ranged class spec. The two trees, Arsenal and Pyrotech are really more playstyle dependant than different. Pyrotech is more of a dot spec (obviously) while arsenal is an armor penatration burst damage spec. the healing spec (bodygaurd) is relativly simple to play also. it consists of Healing scans and filling gaps between big heals with rapid fire and kolto missle. the supercharged gas talent is Procable the combat support gas (buff) stack up to 30 times. allowing the following to occur.

Power shot (damage): heat reduced by 17

Unload (damage) heat cost also reduced by 6

Healing scan (healing) cooldown refreshed.

Kolto missle (healing) places a sheild on the target reducing all damage taken by 10% for 15 seconds.

I hope this was helpful!

Ops is not a ranged class..... sure it has some ranged abilities, but if you try to level with just using those see you at 50 in a year :)

I don't think you've ever actually leveled an Operative. Using Snipe from cover continues to be the highest DPS for an Operative well into the 30s.

The point that is being made is that once you are level 50, all of the healers heal from range.

The point that is being made is that once you are level 50, all of the healers heal from range.

Did you honestly believe that the OP was talking about not wanting any melee range healing abilities? I mean.. really? Well, he wasn't.