Why people hate arenas

Poor_Grammar

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Warzones require zero skill. Everyone knows it. It only requires time.

Arena is far from being a perfect solution, due to the nature of MMO classes and rock, paper scissors, but at least it is skill based rather than a grindfest. Yes, some combos and classes at times have it easier than others, but a very good player will succeed no matter what class they play.

Edited by Bosseking

Any Wow players that remember Gurubashi <3 I would be fine without arenas if that experience would return

EDIT: Or Tarren Mill chaos OMG good times

Certainly some good times. I also enjoyed the pit in Dire Maul.

This is a good game too, potentially a great game. No one wants to see it fail, and indeed arenas won't make or break it.

I think what a lot of us are asking for is just a way to play with a couple close friends in a competitive atmosphere in a AAA title. That doesn't seem unreasonable to ask in an online game to me.

Edited by Poor_Grammar

Any Wow players that remember Gurubashi <3 I would be fine without arenas if that experience would return

EDIT: Or Tarren Mill chaos OMG good times

theres one in tatooine...yet again another crybaby who has no idea /facepalm

I like how everyone is quick to point fingers in this game...and yet it seems its always the people who have no clue what they are talking about that seem to cry the most. Anyone else notice this?

Edited by blumps

I like how everyone is quick to point fingers in this game...and yet it seems its always the people who have no clue what they are talking about that seem to cry the most. Anyone else notice this?

Lol i really hope your not calling me a cry baby ROFL

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=1964135#post1964135

Im a high supporter of world PvP

You obviously just pointed the finger at me idiot /facepalm the point of my comment was that nobody takes part in such activities anymore

Also if you would have actually looked through this thread you would have seen my post on page 23

+1 for arenas, the only thing that kept me in wow for most of lich king and early cata.

Honestly, this game is pretty balanced as is, some people might whine about sorcerers or scoundrels but im still not convinced there is any godmode loliwineverytime class in this game.

People hate arena becouse if you are bad you will get stomped. And since wast majority of players is horrible, they will get stomped. Instead of actually thinking to improve they will just blame classes/system/gear.

TLDR Bads dont like being proven they are bads.

I have not read past page 2 or 3 but I have to respond to this before I forget. People getting stomped and losing in arenas is not and indication of being bad. The whole system was flawed and people abused it to get higher ranks. Yeah that fresh 3's team with entry level pvp gear is really bad when they are facing a team with the latest pvp gear and this crap happened all the time. Get a 3's team together for some arena fun, start playing and do pretty good for a day or two and then wham for some reason you are getting stomped. Then log onto Wow armory and freak out as you see that most of the people you were fighting were rocking some of the best pvp gear including the weapons (which made a huge difference). Season 1 was about as skill based as arena ever got because after that those who were on top stayed on top... and if they could not do it with a gear or comp advantage then they would just win trade.

I am not saying that arena players are bad or they don't have skill (lets face it.. arena is fast paced and fast thinking / reflexes are needed) but not everyone person rocking a 2200 arena rating is a pvp god... in fact some them may not be able to pick their noses with out scratching their eyeballs.

If Bioware were to introduce a 5 v 5 arena they would have to do it in a way that ratings and match ups could not be circumvented. They would also need to for everyone to be on equal footing as far as gear is concerned.

You obviously just pointed the finger at me idiot /facepalm the point of my comment was that nobody takes part in such activities anymore

Also if you would have actually looked through this thread you would have seen my post on page 23

I would love to take part in such activites, however I play on Mind Trick which is a pve server full of people who don't pvp.. I play with a friend of mine though, but again he isn't a pvp lover. Anyone is welcome to join with me and start up some pvp madness in contested areas!

Nothing is wrong with an arena system. I fully support an arena system in this game. The only thing is that arena shouldnt be required for gear. Though I bet if there an arena system with no gear reward...more crying would ensue.

I think what wow has now, a ranked bg and ranked arena system, works since it appeases everyone. you font like arean? Do wz. Vice versa

Edited by lilTJeezy

• 3 years later...