Social points should be awarded for completing mission objectives in a group too

Kasnova

Social points need to be awarded for completing mission objectives in a group as well as the conversations. It should only apply for members of the group who both have the mission and it is not gray to them to prevent some kind of easy farming issues. Groups should also both have to be in the same general vicinity so that you don't have groups forming up while one person is out doing the quests and everyone else sits in town picking their noses.

I've done tons of flashpoints and heroic quests in groups but didn't hit social level 2 until completing the foundry flashpoint for the second time. This is because the number of conversations during most flashpoints between black talon and boarding party have nearly no conversations for gaining the social points. A lot of heroics don't even have conversations to end the missions, just drop boxes.

I'm being far more social with the community while running the missions in a group than I am watching/spacebarring through a conversation and pushing 1,2, or 3. A lot of the time people don't group up until after getting the flashpoint or heroic quest, so no social points are gained there. Also, a lot of the time groups break up after finishing heroics so they can complete objectives while out in the field because going all over the planet trying to turn in the heroics they built up. Consequently, we're not getting social points while being social.

Give us the social points even if we're not doing conversations together and I think you'd increase the number of people willing to do heroics and foster a stronger community. This will keep people playing the game longer. What do you have to lose Bioware?

I have to agree. The Items you get for social ranks are generally cosmetic and offer no real "Benefit" to the individual outside of posterity. Adding more ways to earn Social points would only encourage more social interaction, which (imo) is the point.

Exactly. The way it works right now, I gain social points at such a slow rate that it actually removes all incentive to get the rewards. By the time I got social 2 on my first character, I was about level 37 and that was after running through every flashpoint up to Foundry 2-4 times each plus a bunch of heroics. Seeing the social IV or social VII requirements for some of the items just made me laugh and give up on trying to gain social points entirely.

I'd also like to see social points rewarded for PvP activity too, since you're grouping up with others for an objective. A flat amount given at the end, the same for a win or loss with the amount slightly less than what you'd earn on a flash point, since a PvP game is faster played.

Social points need to be awarded for completing mission objectives in a group as well as the conversations. It should only apply for members of the group who both have the mission and it is not gray to them to prevent some kind of easy farming issues. Groups should also both have to be in the same general vicinity so that you don't have groups forming up while one person is out doing the quests and everyone else sits in town picking their noses.

I've done tons of flashpoints and heroic quests in groups but didn't hit social level 2 until completing the foundry flashpoint for the second time. This is because the number of conversations during most flashpoints between black talon and boarding party have nearly no conversations for gaining the social points. A lot of heroics don't even have conversations to end the missions, just drop boxes.

I'm being far more social with the community while running the missions in a group than I am watching/spacebarring through a conversation and pushing 1,2, or 3. A lot of the time people don't group up until after getting the flashpoint or heroic quest, so no social points are gained there. Also, a lot of the time groups break up after finishing heroics so they can complete objectives while out in the field because going all over the planet trying to turn in the heroics they built up. Consequently, we're not getting social points while being social.

Give us the social points even if we're not doing conversations together and I think you'd increase the number of people willing to do heroics and foster a stronger community. This will keep people playing the game longer. What do you have to lose Bioware?

/agree

while some look at the rewards as not worth it or cosmetic, until they make these items like costumes, having customizable gear is worth it. If at lvl30, social 3, i want to run around in Tusken Raider gear, with Guardian Armoring 12, Rage Enhancement 7, Guardian Mod 12 in each slot, as whatever class, I should, and noone should laugh or have a problem, because it has same stats as comparable custom pieces, and better stats than all greens at this level.

i'd love to test this out, but I'm only social 1 grinding Esseles for points...

• 2 months later...

Guys, earning social points is easy! You just have to be "social". If you're only earning social points by running flashpoints or heroic quests, then you're doing it wrong. Team up with someone for regular questing, whether it be someone you know, a guildee, or even just a random player. Every conversation grants social points if your in a group.

Ive been questing and leveling my characters with my brother and just having a 2 man group i reached social 4 by lvl 36, and that's with running each flashpoint along the way 2-4 times.

I understand that not all people have someone they can play with at the same time all the time, but acquiring social points isnt such a hard thing to do. The thread topic about earning points for completing group objectives does make sense, but even considering SP be earned in PvP is just absurd imo. Social points is part of the PvE content and should stay separate from PvP content even if it is "grouping", all you get is vanity items/costumes to cater for the RP'ers.