Does AA work for you?

universeman

Just logged in last night and tried the AA settings. I can't tell that they are working. My FPS doesn't seem to be affected, regardless of the setting (None, Low, High). And I don't seem to notice a visual difference either (though maybe I'm looking at the wrong things to tell).

Isn't it supposed to smooth out the jaggies?

I've got a 6950.

Just logged in last night and tried the AA settings. I can't tell that they are working. My FPS doesn't seem to be affected, regardless of the setting (None, Low, High). And I don't seem to notice a visual difference either (though maybe I'm looking at the wrong things to tell).

I've got a 6950.

yes works whether i use ingame or force it, i force it though with the ATI CCC as it looks better and performs better that BW's implementation of it.

I've got a 6950.

It's a known issue for the ATI 6900 series.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=1797449#edit1797449

I've got a 6950.

It only works for me on High (Low has no noticeable effect). That said, on High, the game starts chugging. My rig can handle it, so I imagine it has to do with optimization.

Mobility Radeon HD 4870. Since turning AA after 1.1 through the game client the game looks significantly better for me, I've even noticed an fps increase since patch 1.1

Sorry it's not working for others but whatever they did has improved the game for me.

EDIT: This is with crossfire turned off, havent tried it with crossfire on yet.

Edited by Defilez

The AA - High setting, for me, makes all blaster fire, lightsaber glows, shields, etc. disappear. AA - low does not do this, so that's what I have it set to.

The high setting also turned off the fire traps in Huttball. That was fun.

But the low setting seems to apply AA and not have those issues for me.

Running an EVGA GTX 580 SC.

It only works for me on High (Low has no noticeable effect). That said, on High, the game starts chugging. My rig can handle it, so I imagine it has to do with optimization.

AA works for me too on HD 4870. but only on High. i also see no difference if set to Low. although my PC can handle it as well, i see a noticeable hit on fps. at least 20-30% hit.

Got an HD 5650 and ive set it to high. I get 25 FPS, which is no different to before the patch and the AA makes a massive difference to what I can see.

Im actually surprised its as low as that, because I never notice anything wrong/jerky with the game, maybe my eyes have a low 'refresh rate'.

Edited by Maidel