To Everybody thinking about quitting

xUngodly

Okay I know Im probably gonna get hated on for posting this thread but whatever. Im seeing alot of people sit here and talking about quitting the game or Im bored as hell or this is whats wrong with the game blah blah blah...listen you all have to realize that this game has JUST started. This isnt like WoW where it has take 5+ years to build itself up. There are going to be bugs there is going to be missing content. Patience.

They just now released a video today talking about upcoming content. New Warzones, New Flashpoints and Ops, UI CUSTOMIZATION (Been seeing alot of people wanting that) and Finally! Legacy features. So just have patience people, its gonna take time for this game and devs to build this game. If you have suggestions post them in the forums not you making a thread talking about how the game is boring and how you hate it doesnt have this feature because you arent helping the game at all by doing that. You wanna see a change or improvement then make a good logical post in the suggestions forum.

Yes, This MMO is a lot different that alot of those other ones out there. Why? Because this isnt the type of MMO that you just rush through and try to get to 50 within a week that way you can get the 50 gear. The devs made the game to where you take your time with each character. The game is still FAR from perfection. Problem is is that you got ALOT of people coming from WoW over to this MMO and they are so used to WoW that this is something completely 100% different than what they are used to. If they made this game exactly like WoW than what would be the point in buying it. WoW has been the dominator in the MMO industry for years and nobody has been able to even touch it. But SWTOR is doin a very good job on making some competition for them. But all thats irrelevant. All Im saying is be patient and the features you love and miss will come.

May the force be with you!

Edited by xUngodly

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I kind of agree with what you're saying.

They ARE trying to fix the game, and they ARE trying to add content.

But you don't compare vanilla WoW to current SWTOR. You compare current WoW to current SWTOR.

no you dont lol

You compare a new game to a new game, you cannot compare an established game to new game

Unless its the same company and same engine

its actually really funny when people do though so please continue

I am really considering it, I will wait one month but if things keep going as they are then I will leave.

This is what any responsible consumer should do.

I'm pretty much in the same boat - 1 month and if I see more of like what happened with that idiotic 1.1 Patch - I'm outta here.

no you dont lol

You compare a new game to a new game, you cannot compare an established game to new game

That's not how business works my friend.

People don't look at two products (swtor and wow) and say "Well, swtor just came out.. so I'll get that even though WoW is much more polished and has a lot more features".

People don't look at two products (swtor and wow) and say "Well, swtor just came out.. so I'll get that even though WoW is much more polished and has a lot more features".

But people also have to realize that it takes time to build. WoW wasnt established in months lmao it was established in years. If people expect for somebody to come out with an MMO and have it established within the first month its out well then your going to continue to get let down.

But people also have to realize that it takes time to build. WoW wasnt established in months lmao it was established in years. If people expect for somebody to come out with an MMO and have it established within the first month its out well then your going to continue to get let down.

Exactly, and that is why many of the 'wow-killers' have failed. Everyone has higher expectations now.. and that is mainly due to WoW.

Just the way the world works.

But you don't compare vanilla WoW to current SWTOR. You compare current WoW to current SWTOR.

Which is a ridiculous concept as well.

Of course WoW current wins out.

It has more content

It has more polish

It has more features

Why?

Because it's had more time to get there, 7+ years to be exact.

So comparing SWTOR to WoW current is as asinine as comparing SWTOR to WoW Vanilla.

This is why people need to STOP comparing a new MMO to X MMO. X MMO will almost always win out, because the name of the game in the MMO industry is TIME.

And no not time as in this is 2012 not 2004. Time as in this MMO has had X amount of time to develop pre and post launch. Because that's what MMOs do, they develop mostly post launch.

Until the lot of you newbie mmo players (you know those of you that basically have just WoW under your belts) expect to see the events that occurred with Rift, Warhammer, Age of Conan, Champions Online, here and so on to continue to repeat indefinitely in the future.

no you dont lol

lol its perfect to get a good lulz in the morning

Comparing WoW to SWTOR is a slap in the face of every player on earth. Not even Blizzard will ever try to compete with WoW. They've already stated NUMEROUS times Titan is not going to compete with WoW, why? Because you can't compete with a game that has a 7 year head start on development. This game is fun for most people that play it, if it is not fun and you would rather play WoW or another MMO, the good news is those games are running. The bad news is most people that left those games are either bored to death of them or don't like the direction the dev team is taking them.

To the contrary, people who actually know something about this industry do exactly that. They look at a new game and say, Well this one just launched. It isn't this other game but what kind of potential does this new one have?

Comparing WoW to SWTOR is a slap in the face of every player on earth. Not even Blizzard will ever try to compete with WoW. They've already stated NUMEROUS times Titan is not going to compete with WoW, why? Because you can't compete with a game that has a 7 year head start on development. This game is fun for most people that play it, if it is not fun and you would rather play WoW or another MMO, the good news is those games are running. The bad news is most people that left those games are either bored to death of them or don't like the direction the dev team is taking them.

Like PANDAS!? LMAO!!!!!!!

To the contrary, people who actually know something about this industry do exactly that. They look at a new game and say, Well this one just launched. It isn't this other game but what kind of potential does this new one have?

Yes and No...People say that this game has potential...ALOT and ALOT of people have said that about this game. But people are getting impatient when its only been a month.

A mistake is you assume most people are upset about the lack of content when in fact its about the lack of features, bioware looked at things such as lfg as an example and instead of doing it right wasted time and money doing it horribly.

This is one example of many features missing and things like ability delay existing it just shows sloppy work. Now in regards to end game content its completely reasonable to not have a huge ammount and bioware has done well with that, no one expects all 4 expansions of content that wow has at launch of swtor.

And it seems people have that idea, people like me who i think arent as much as a minority as you think are disatisfied because all these things that were shown in the coming soon video should of been in at launch and there is so much more still missing.

Content is impossible to match features is Required to match your competitors.

No one releases a phone these days that can just simply call and expects it to top the market.

I've seen this arguement made a lot and it just isn't true. The only way for SWTOR to possibly catch up with WoW in terms of content and polish would be to triple or quadruple their programming staff.

how can people think that an MMO that has been worked on for 7 years straight should be the same as a MMO fresh out of the box.

This isn't a question of 'releasing too early' or 'technology has evolved since then' If you are looking at any new MMO and compare it to WoW in terms of polish and content you are going to be disappointed every single time!