The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Bioware ... ARE you SURE you were not telling a Fib when you said empire wins 53%?

Trushott

Easier said than done. DPS sorcs hit really hard, and you add a healer or 2 to 3-4 sorc it becomes a slaughter. The thing that really gets me is the Tracer Missile>Tracer Missile>Traacer Missile>Tracer Missile>Tracer Missile ....

Not saying its impossible but it may be a little overtuned.

If interupts worked on all classes as listed, you'd get to see the comedy that is a merc when he's interupted and locked out of Tracer for a few seconds. Most will just stand there and die, while you know the player is confused and pounding the tracer missle button with all his might.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Talk about what? How your main idea that the Empire vs Empire games counting towards the 53% would help to drop the win%? I hate to point out how terrible your math is, but if you include the Empire vs Empire huttball matches into the pool that they are drawing their statistic from then the Empire win% would go up, now down. GG math.

ummm learn to comprehend maybe ?

we said only include CROSS FACTION GAMES throw out same faction huttball games

OMG you just made me ROTFLMAO

trolling are you?

I play republic and I've played about 20 pug warzones since the patch and lost about 3. Last night I didn't loose any at all. In fact, none were even close. I always queue solo, and I've yet to play hutt ball since the patch.

Easier said than done. DPS sorcs hit really hard, and you add a healer or 2 to 3-4 sorc it becomes a slaughter. The thing that really gets me is the Tracer Missile>Tracer Missile>Traacer Missile>Tracer Missile>Tracer Missile ....

Not saying its impossible but it may be a little overtuned.

If you're going to assume the dps sorcerer is going to have coordinated efforts with other sorcerers and healers, then you're assuming you're going against a premade?

Otherwise, you should also factor your team members helping you out as well. It's not 1 vs 7. But, a bad team is a bad team, regardless of which side you're on.

And tracer missile is only a problem when you, or your team, allows the BH to roam free and cast without consequence. As a vanguard, I find them, taunt them, hook them, interrupt them, and guard my team so their dmg is minimal.

I also play on Port Nowhere, and I'll admit, when I see one of the groups is all Condemned, I feel a little better. Though I can't speak if a 1:20 (assuming 100 warzone wins, and 5 losses) win ratio is right or not, I do admit that their pre-mades tend to be pretty good.

However, lately I've started to give up on Warzones because we just can't win. Three days ago, I did 5 Warzones with my pvp buddy (he's a tank and I'm a healer). Literally, each time we started down 1 person, and as things were looking bad for us because we were short, more than half the team afk'd out. 30 seconds later I saw some of the very same names come right back in. They dropped, requeued, and got sent back in. Then of course, they realized what happened and dropped again (I actually saw one guy a third time, and he finally just stuck it out by standing in a corner not doing anything). Needless to say, I haven't joined a level 50 warzone since. It's just disheartening.

It kinda feels like some of the other Republic players I've seen on our server feel similarly, and are beginning to give up. Either that, or I'm just suddenly playing at the wrong times and don't see the beastly players I used to a week or so ago.

My favorite thing to do is to interrupt Tracer Missile and watch them stand there confused what to press. Makes me lol.

Lol, I can get away with that with the bads or just 1 of them. The annoyance is like 4 of them doing it at once. This seems to be thier preferred way to focus me as I try to heal some WZ. As a Sage it does not take many to kill me.

I can picture them just pushing it over and over like thier keyboard is broken though. LAWL.. Not knowing what to do if there is no tracer spam.

ummm learn to comprehend maybe ?

we said only include CROSS FACTION GAMES throw out same faction huttball games

My guess is they aren't including Imp vs Imp in these statistics, if they are the number would be more like 48% win on Imp side making what you're saying about imps apparently dominating quite the opposite.

Premade that calls targets, and organizes well

Good group comps (1 tank 1 heal 2 dps)

I PvP in my Rakata tank set and not PvP gear (24000 hp)

Port Nowhere Server

Your argument is invalid here. Not everyone is able to run with a group, not everyone is able to have that kind of gear.

I played 63 warzones so far, I won 11, that's my figure. Expertise is making it worse, and those *********** on empire are getting that gear faster while I only get it slower, recently I started ending games with 25-ish commendations and 300 valor per game because I can't even do anything in a game, except maybe snipe a medal or two somewhere.

If it's a choice between saying "Empire wins 53% of all games" or "Empire wins 83% of all cross-faction games" and you were BW's marketing guy, which would YOU say?

Yeah, thought so.

You do realize that empire V empire counts as 1 win and 1 loss for the empire, basically canceling each other out.

as an example: take 1000 games rep V imp, say republic win 450 and imp win 550

This gives us 45% rep wins V 55% imp wins, then do the same for emp v empire, which will always be 50% win and loss.

This gives us statistically 1050 total imp wins and 950 total imp losses.

that is a 47.5% loss rate for imps and 52.5% win rate just expand on these numbers and you will realize it really is fairly even. with a slight advantage to imp as they stated. like one person posted, it flattens out the numbers a little bit, but not that much.

If the rates was as you claimed and it was an 80/20 split you would not get their numbers.

1000 games played imp v rep 800 wins for imp

1000 games played imp v imp 500/500 split

1300 wins for imp/700 losses for rep would give us a win % of 65% so as you can see it really is not that imbalanced, and we are making a large amount of assumption that imp imp is AS common as imp v reb, which I doubt.

Edited by Averran
inappropriate content

Why is posting an opinion trolling. A good 4 man premade can turn the tides of an entire WZ. I wish it was this way on my server. When I do put together a premade we are near invincible agains a PuG and have some great matches agains other premades. Unfortunatly unless I can gather a premade, which is very rare, my win % is like 8%, I kept track this week out of curiosity.

It's not the opinion that was the trolling, it was the assertion that that player has a 95%+ win rate in warzones.

Until we have proper metrics and reporting on these things I see assertions like that and I am immediately VERY skeptical.

Of course being in a premade 4 is going to be MORE successful...but 95%+ either that's a VERY large outlier of a server, or the person is trolling. Too many things cause bad things to happen over 100+ warzones.

Talk about what? How your main idea that the Empire vs Empire games counting towards the 53% would help to drop the win%? I hate to point out how terrible your math is, but if you include the Empire vs Empire huttball matches into the pool that they are drawing their statistic from then the Empire win% would go up, now down. GG math.

Actually you need to learn math.

Win % = (wins) / (wins + loses)

For example:

Say there are 100 matches. 60 are Empire v Republic and 40 are empire v empire.

Lets say the empire wins 45 matches against the republic. That is 45/15 record. The math for that is 45 / (45 + 15) = 45 / 65 = 75%

Now factor in the empire v empire matches as well and you have a record of 85/55. Remember that since forty of those matches are empire v empire you have to count that as essentially 80 outcomes, 40 wins and 40 loses.

85 / ( 85 + 55) = 85 / 140 = 60.7%

Now if the vast majority of empire players are playing nothing but huttball against their own faction then their win percentage will be very close to 50% since they are winning just as many games as they are losing. The only way to get that win percentage higher would be to win against the republic.

Notice the republic's win percentage was never released. I imagine it is somewhere around 35% to 40% since the republic doesn't have very many republic v republic matches to skew its win percentage toward 50%.

You do realize that empire V empire counts as 1 win and 1 loss for the empire, basically canceling each other out.

This gives us 45% rep wins V 55% imp wins, then do the same for emp v empire, which will always be 50% win and loss.

that is a 47.5% loss rate for imps and 52.5% win rate just expand on these numbers and you will realize it really is fairly even. with a slight advantage to imp as they stated. like one person posted, it flattens out the numbers a little bit, but not that much.

If the rates was as you claimed and it was an 80/20 split you would not get their numbers.

1300 wins for imp/700 losses for rep would give us a win % of 65% so as you can see it really is not that imbalanced, and we are making a large amount of assumption that imp imp is AS common as imp v reb, which I doubt.

Depends on how they're gathering their data.

If they're just adding up the number of Victories and dividing by the number of warzones run then they will NOT counteract each other.

Typically when one calculates %s one doesn't calculate both sides of the equation. Just the win %.

Hopefully they're smarter than that, but I wouldn't put it past them.

Edited by Averran
inappropriate content

I find "Empire wins 50% of the time" a very believable figure.

On the server I'm on, 70% of the games are Huttball, out of those 90% are Empire vs Empire. In other words, in most matches I play, Empire wins. Mayne not MY Empire team, but other team is Empire too.

Haha.

Just think, when same faction Warzones arrive, the Empire will barely ever win more than 50%, no matter how geared they are or how good they play.

This needs a fix ASAP!! :)

It's not the opinion that was the trolling, it was the assertion that that player has a 95%+ win rate in warzones.

Until we have proper metrics and reporting on these things I see assertions like that and I am immediately VERY skeptical.

Of course being in a premade 4 is going to be MORE successful...but 95%+ either that's a VERY large outlier of a server, or the person is trolling. Too many things cause bad things to happen over 100+ warzones.

I have lost a grand total of 4 warzones. One Voidstar, 3 Civil War. I've never lost a hutt ball match.

I can't say exactly how many games I've played, but I'm valor rank 50, only 5 of which have come from Ilum farming.

You downies do realize that empire V empire counts as 1 win and 1 loss for the empire, basically canceling each other out.

ecept your math is completely borked since they gave an overall average and there are way more empire / empire games than republic / republic

you would be correct if they were equal but they are not ... not even close

I have lost a grand total of 4 warzones. One Voidstar, 3 Civil War. I've never lost a hutt ball match.

I can't say exactly how many games I've played, but I'm valor rank 50, only 5 of which have come from Ilum farming.

if your only valor rank 50

and do not wear expertise gear as you say

I can GUARENTEE YOU that you rpre made would not stand a chance on JUNG MA pvp server against all rank 60 plus battlemasters

lol your rank 50 ?

so there are no battle master empire pre mades on your server ? if your winning 95% of the matches vs empire there cannot be becuase they would eat your lunch ... i dont care what kind of gaming skills you think you have ... gear is greater than all in SWTOR

Edited by Trushott

You downies do realize that empire V empire counts as 1 win and 1 loss for the empire, basically canceling each other out.

You are right with the exception of one thing. You are assuming that the empire is playing an equal number of matches against the republic as it does itself. If it is as many sith players described, 5 or 6 empire v empire matches for every 1 empire v republic the figures would be closer to:

1000 imp v rep 800 wins for imp

5000 imp v imp for 5000/5000 split

With those numbers its 5800/5200 which is 5800/11000 or 52.7 %

if your only valor rank 50

and do not wear expertise gear as you say

I can GUARENTEE YOU that you rpre made would not stand a chance on JUNG MA pvp server against all rank 60 plus battlemasters

lol your rank 50 ?

that doesnt say much for your server if your winning 95% of the matches vs empire

I'm a PvEr My focus is on PvE so I don't PvP every second of every day, now that we've cleared everything on nightmare I'll be focusing on PvP more now.

I'm a PvEr My focus is on PvE so I don't PvP every second of every day, now that we've cleared everything on nightmare I'll be focusing on PvP more now.

youve gone from the greatest PvPer ever that didnt have to wear expertise gear with 95% wins to you rarely PvP ?

I call BS on your whole diatribe

/shrug

Edited by Trushott

youve gone from the greatest PvPer ever with 95% wins to you rarely PvP ?

/shrug

I never said I was the greatest PvPer I said I have ~95% win rate at valor rank 50. Does this mean I have to PvP all the time? No. Does that mean I have to be a PvPer? No. It simply means when I do PvP I don't lose.

Almost every time we queue we get some kind of premade on the emp side as well, most of the time we get 2 premades.

We hardly face pug groups.

Yeah, Port Nowhere has a lot of pre-mades on Empire side as well.

TEF, Brutal, Starsomething, etc.

When queuing solo, I do like it when I'm in a group with Condemned. They are pretty decent.

It's even better if one of our premades gets in with like a Condemned, Black Sun, L A W premade. Sheer carnage.

ecept your math is completely borked since they gave an overall average and there are way more empire / empire games than republic / republic

you would be correct if they were equal but they are not ... not even close

And you have empirical data to support this assumption?

I thought not.