90% of complaints are for 1% of the game

Snakeloki

1) 2 Battlemasters here, and no

2) what are you even talking about?

3) Yes because earning a few hundred thousand credits a day from a single profession made sense

4) Frame rate is fine here smells like user error

Yeah, clearly the thousands of posts about framerate issues on high-end hardware are all user-related. Clearly.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

You're wrong.

Ability delay is a huge issue that impacts 90% of the game.

PvP balance impacts a large segment of the player base.

Economic issues (like slicing 1.0) impact everyone.

Frame rate issues impact 100% of the game for the people having issues.

These are not small issues. They are huge and impact more people than you realize.

You forgot to mention flicking and screen loading.

They bait people into a belief that it's a real issue and neglect to tell them about the active window queue option.

Of course, all of their issues are fake. I'd guess they're just trolls trying to build up hype for an "issue" they have no proof or anything to support.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTX3VYtZGhE

They should probably not call it Ability Delay since it's clear that "Ability Queue" means the same thing.

-Angry Steak

(I support legitimate complaints for smoother gameplay, etc. I also like the idea of the Developers communicating with the community with more depth than "We're aware of this issue.")

You still haven't employed any hard facts. I don't think you know what the word "reality" means. Reality isn't your opinion dressed up with a number you make up.

The other guy stated that a large segment of the population is affected by PvP balance. He did not quantify large, and yet you dismissed it anyway. Balance affects every single person who participates in PvP. If you are suggesting that every person who has participated in a warzone or open world PvP does not constitute a "large segment" of the playing population then you are dangerously divorced from reality.

Furthermore, he also stated that people with frame rate issues are confronted with those issues constantly. You offered some bizarrely misguided attempt to refute this by stating that you don't have framerate issues. That's nice and all, but totally unrelated to what he said. It's difficult to tell if you're illiterate or are simply trolling.

So again... can I see this quote?

Oh lordy, you're one of THOSE people, but i'll indulge you....

It's in their "Old Republic sets new records!" thread.

If you don't look it up, that's your problem. Bioware stated it, that's all I need.

The pvp balance issue is not there unless you are an Operative or the Republic counter part. Quit qqing that the classes are op.

I don't have ability lag on my marauder and if i did i would be in trouble the only bug i have seen is that sometimes we can't cancel Ravage mid cast because something wants to kill me or my target is dead.

This game is so young, it should be expected that there will be bugs. Bioware has done a good job soo far.

The other guy stated that a large segment of the population is affected by PvP balance. He did not quantify large, and yet you dismissed it anyway.

Because if you want to back up the claim "large," you'd need to know the following:

Number of subscribers.

Percentage of those subscribers who PvP.

Percentage of those subscribers who are effected by this issue.

Then you can make a judgement on how "large" it is. But you don't know any of these things. Not one.

Yet you still use the words "facts" and "reality" like you have any idea what those things mean.

So yeah, I dismissed it, because it was so very dismissable.

Edited by JustTed

Changes are made based on the best information the developers have. In some cases, they're stuck with perception, but that's not the case here - the metrics heavy approach lets them work with reality.

Player perception or player consensus becomes a non-factor so far as identifying and defining problems goes. Possibly useful in terms of forming solutions. But it should be noted that games, features, solutions et. al. are not and never should be designed based upon player consensus - it just doesn't work. I know it goes against some people's common sense notions, but surprise surprise - most things do. True knowledge and understanding often requires you to throw out what you considered "common sense".

To be fair, if you were completely unable to finish your final class quest, wouldn't that upset you? Claiming that the problem is with a "small part of the game" is missing the point.

To be fair wasn't that issue fixed? And more importantly it didn't affect everyone as I finished my storyline as BH before it was fixed. So yes it was a problem for a some but not all, that doesn't make it acceptable but it was fixed as soon as it was possible to do so. It seems like people think these fixes happen instantly.

Patience is a virtue :D

Many of the complaints are about end-game issues that were never properly tested in Beta. Most of the people in the game aren't max level and thus are unaware and ignorant of the problems there, and honestly you should be thanking the people who are there and are actively trying to get it fixed.

actually pvp is a very small segment of the playerbase traditionally. the only reason its a issue right now is it is easier to do some mindless pvp to get purple gear to raid with than it is to actually learn how to a do a hardmode properly to get the raid gear.

the other issues are a pretty big deal but are not gamebreaking. the pvp issue will be a non issue in another month, most people are just using that gear to break into raiding anyway so they can do raids on easymode rather than having to work at them. they should of made pvp gear much harder to get and actually give it a debuff for hardmodes and raids to keep the pve game more vibrant. but oh well it is what it is right now, pvp wont be that huge.

Um, have you noticed how many PvP servers there are?

PvP may not be the majority of this game, but it is a very large chunk of it.

Only people crying about ability delay are PVPers... Just look above-^ PVP this and PVP that...

Well yeah, them and anyone who needs to interrupt a boss in order to survive a PvE encounter. Or who just wants to tackle difficult content which requires high DPS/TPS.

You play a tanking class so maybe you never really needed to interrupt mobs while levelling - you have high natural defense, heavy armor and tons of CDs. For anyone playing a more squishy class, interrupting is basically the only way you can kill certian story quest elites. When that interrupt fails to fire because lolanimations, that's very frustrating.

It's not a PvP-only issue (even if it was, it's still an important thing for the game, regardless of whether you personally like PvP) it affects everyone.

Also, PvP is in this game because Bioware wanted to put PvP in the game. You can bang on as much as you like about how it isn't a PvP game and, therefore, shouldn't be balanced but if you were in any way correct at all then Bioware simply would not have supported PvP at all. But they did and in a big way. They're fixing Ilum, they're adding Warzones, they've spoken about myriad other PvP changes because... guess what... Bioware supports PvP as a viable way of playing this game.

If it were intended to be PvE-only, there would not be PvP features. Do you really think Bioware sat around and made a conscious, business decision to invest tens of millions of dollars into a feature they didn't want in the game and thought would serve no purpose and would ignore? What kind of crazy world do you live in where you'd think that'd happen?

Many of the complaints are about end-game issues that were never properly tested in Beta. Most of the people in the game aren't max level and thus are unaware and ignorant of the problems there, and honestly you should be thanking the people who are there and are actively trying to get it fixed.

It's been a month.

I call falsehood.

It's been a month.

I call falsehood.

Its been a month and what is your point? Do you honestly believe the bulk of the games population is at max level?

And even if you do, what exactly is your point? Many of the issues people are complaining about are end game specific problems, or FPS issues directly relating to end game specific areas.

Bioware announced shortly after New Year that they'd had more than one million Warzones played and that more than 50% of the playerbase had tried out the PvP in the game.

I tried it but I would never consider myself a pvper. I'm sure it concerns more then 1% of the players but i'll bet a lot less then 50% are overly concerned about it.

Because if you want to back up the claim "large," you'd need to know the following:

Number of subscribers.

Percentage of those subscribers who PvP.

Percentage of those subscribers who are effected by this issue.

Then you can make a judgement on how "large" it is. But you don't know any of these things. Not one.

Yet you still use the words "facts" and "reality" like you have any idea what those things mean.

So yeah, I dismissed it, because it was so very dismissable.

http://www.swtor.com/blog/new-year%E2%80%99s-pvp-update

According to Bioware's blog entry from Gabe Amatangelo, Principal Lead PvP, Operations & Flashpoints Designer, nearly 50% of all players have engaged in Warzones. There are also dozens of PvP servers. If only 20% of them are experiencing the issue, that is still 10% of the entire player base.

Also, Bioware recognizes there is a problem with combat gameplay. Here is the statement from the blog entry:

Combat Gameplay: You’ll see several optimizations come online in January, and we are going to continue to tune this as time goes on.

We aren't pulling this out of thin air. Now, start paying attention to the dev tracker and inform yourself.

http://www.swtor.com/blog/new-year%E2%80%99s-pvp-update

According to Bioware's blog entry from Gabe Amatangelo, Principal Lead PvP, Operations & Flashpoints Designer, nearly 50% of all players have engaged in Warzones.

That means that 50% of all players have tried Wwarzones, not that 50% of all player PvP regularly and are up-in-arms about the above issues, which is the claim in this thread.