Vigilance built around 3-sec channeled melee ability?!

AkaJabari

Master Strike is the Guardians hardest hitting attack - I have no problems landing off 2 hits and even 3 hits are not uncommon.

It doesn't cost focus, and with freezing force and leap combos you should have plenty of time to get 3 hits in almost every time.

Furthermore Guardians require a lot of focus and it's important you preserve and use it effectively, and Master Strike is a perfect attack to bridge between cool downs.

Master Strike is bread and butter.

Once you get your head around the fact there is no rotation and it is a priority based system built around getting MS off cooldown as much as possbile you will see DPS on Vigilance go throught the ceiling.

MS does less on average than any 2 of your other heavy hitter skills, trying to force it when you don't need to is silly.

Also, what makes you say there is no rotation? It just so happens this tree can have a very smooth rotation due to it's CDs.

OS - BS - Sunder - PB - Sweep - Sunder - repeat.

At 12s, Sweep has a slightly longer CD and every other rotation needs a filler in it's place, you can use it to either build some extra focus, or save some focus by using master strike instead.

The order doesn't even matter, the point is that all of your 9s abilities can be used exactly as they come off CD, the entire reason priority systems are used is because no solid rotation can be made... this tree doesn't have that problem though.

Tie it into Unremitting. So when you cast Master Strike: You can't be knocked back. Problem solved.

This here. Almost all the time in pvp the first thing a merc or sorc will do when you leap at them is use their knockback. Very often you can land a full duration Master Strike following a Force Leap as most expect their knockback to deal with it.

I believe the whole Vigilance tree needs and overhaul. I been 50 for some time now and playing all 3 trees, with numerous respects(spent over a million) Vigilance appears to be the weakest DPS tree right under our Defense tree.

This. Right now, the Vigilance tree doesn't seem to really have a set goal in mind. It does ok sustained dps, but nothing really special like other classes' "non-main" tree (each AC has what I call the main tree - for Guardian it is Defense - a shared tree - shared with the other AC - and a non-main tree - for Guardian it is Vigilance).

This. Right now, the Vigilance tree doesn't seem to really have a set goal in mind. It does ok sustained dps, but nothing really special like other classes' "non-main" tree (each AC has what I call the main tree - for Guardian it is Defense - a shared tree - shared with the other AC - and a non-main tree - for Guardian it is Vigilance).

I reject that idea that one is the "main" tree. Is it supposed to mean that Guardians are "supposed" to be tanks? If so, are Commandos "Supposed" to be healers? Are Sorcerers "Supposed" to be healers? If you think that a certain tree is lackluster, fine, but don't go around telling me that a certain spec is unimportant.

I reject that idea that one is the "main" tree. Is it supposed to mean that Guardians are "supposed" to be tanks? If so, are Commandos "Supposed" to be healers? Are Sorcerers "Supposed" to be healers? If you think that a certain tree is lackluster, fine, but don't go around telling me that a certain spec is unimportant.

Don't get hung up on my terminology... When I say "main" I don't mean the best, I just mean the one that most are intended to use, and therefore, what should be the easiest to play.

Edited by JefferyClark

No that is just it. I reject the idea that any class has, or should have, an intended spec. That implies the others are less important than the "intended" spec. If Bioware had intended all Guardians to be tanks, they would have only allowed them to be tanks.

Woot? Vigilance is built around high focus. There is a single talent that has something to do with master strike. This talent is IMO strong for what it is inteded, namely PvE, where Master strike is a capable ability. The rest of the tree focuses on reducing focus cost/providing high focus generation and PvP survivability, as well as some PvE fillers.

that single talent thats built around master strike is where other dps get +30% crit damage to 2 or 3 skills.

I'll gladly trade it. That talent is absolute garbage.