The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Right now, only Empire players can solve the pvp

Zandar

Republic players can't

Bioware can't, at least not fast enough

But you as an empire player, guild, guildleader can.

Reroll with all your friends if you want balanced pvp and this game to continue.

- You'll have some nice legacy build up

- you'll have a lot of experience about the empire classes abilities that will gain you a big adventage in pvp.

- The 10-49 warzones are great fun so you'll have a blast leveling

- If you want you'll be 50 in 2 weeks

- many open world targets instead of no republic targets

- instand queues

- not only huttball all the time

Yeah begin Darth Vader is cool, empire gear so much more awesome. But in the end, do you prefer that above fun and balanced pvp?

Especially if you consider quiting, why not reroll instead.

tldr: reroll republic

Edited by Zandar

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Republic players can't

Bionware can't, at least not fast enough

But you as an empire player, guild, guildleader can.

Reroll with all your friends if you want balanced pvp and this game to continue.

- You'll have some nice legacy build up

- you'll have a lot of experience about the empire classes abilities that will gain you a big adventage in pvp.

- The 10-49 warzones are great fun so you'll have a blast leveling

- If you want you'll be 50 in 2 weeks

- many open world targets instead of no republic targets

- instand queues

- not only huttball all the time

Yeah begin Darth Vader is cool, empire gear so much more awesome. But in the end, do you prefer that above fun and balanced pvp?

Especially if you consider quiting, why not reroll instead.

tldr: reroll republic

I mean it was pretty obvious where people were going to roll at the start. People have been saying this on and off since the pre launch (though some were saying dont worry for whatever reason). While we may see some i dont think well see a large influx of people swapping sides. Ive tried but those quests are just so bland and the dialog short of some of the smart-*** quips of the smuggler is just not interesting.

You know you can play dark side on republic too don't you?

Well it's just that there is an opportunity to balance this game and if you don't use it you cannot only blame the devs but yourself too for sticking with the overpopulated side.

I'm sure people would consider it if it didn't mean releveling, farming up champion bags and valor 60 again.

I mean I wouldn't reroll empire if it meant having to make my toon again and I'm sure I'd have an easier time doing it.

I have been playing republic since launch because I enjoy a target rich environment.

That and the quality of PVP will be higher on the republic side since they have to learn to do more with less people.

I will take a group of skilled/teamwork oriented players over a mindless light sabre & lightning zerg any day.

I'm sure people would consider it if it didn't mean releveling, farming up champion bags and valor 60 again.

I mean I wouldn't reroll empire if it meant having to make my toon again and I'm sure I'd have an easier time doing it.

I'm sure you mean "playing the game, play warzones, pvp" with releveling and farming.

And you have no fun doing that? In that case why did you buy the game in the first place?

Edited by Zandar

Seriously, it's not the empire players fault for chosing the overpopulated faction.

But sticking with it and complain on forums about imbalanced populations instead of doing something about it, as the only ones who can right now, that's not helping anyone.

Only you can fix balance right now, it's really that simple.

All the people who say the Pub quests and dialogue are bland...you do realize we have access to dark side options too, right? Think about this. I roll a Sith Sorc (because lets face it, that's what 50% of Imps are) and I choose all dark side options. Yawn. Everybody KNOWS you're an a-hole, you're a damn SITH!

Now roll a Jedi, and tell the Grand Master to go **** herself. OH SNAP! Where the hell did that come from?! Nobody expects a Jedi to go dark, it freaks them out!

'Wait, wait! You're a Jedi, you can't do this, Jedi are supposed to protect, to...no! NO! Stay back! OH MY GOD' *slash*

Your 'bland' argument is invalid.

Seriously, it's not the empire players fault for chosing the overpopulated faction.

But sticking with it and complain on forums about imbalanced populations instead of doing something about it, as the only ones who can right now, that's not helping anyone.

Only you can fix balance right now, it's really that simple.

To be honest, I don't really see Imps complaining. Mostly Republic. And we're already Republic, so there isn't much we can do.

Wont reroll, to lazy for that.

Would transfer to a mirror class without a doubt.

Which server do you play on?

Mine is Kai-kan and the only real problem we have with the pvp is that "approach alert" on Ilum, you always know when your gonna get jumped.

Other than that, the repubs owned us for 2 days :)

Experiencing a fresh story line really is enjoyable and gets the game points on the replay value meter, just to add something to the OP's sales pitch... nice job btw OP.

EDIT: My main is a 50 Scoundrel, and I'm currently playing a Marauder on a different server up to 32 currently (yes, this alt is contributing to the faction imbalance, I'm sorry) and the storyline is AMAZING. It's almost like they really did devote more time and resources into imp stories.

Edited by Aurinax

To be honest, I don't really see Imps complaining. Mostly Republic. And we're already Republic, so there isn't much we can do.

Aye true.

Just hope some big imp guildleaders read this and think about it.

I'm sure they want this game to succeed as much as I do, but right now by sticking to the imp side they are hurting it.

I mean the only thing lost by swapping sides is time. You'll have that gear back soon enough and it's not that your deleting anything, just freeze your imp guild in carbonite for now.

Edited by Zandar

I mean it was pretty obvious where people were going to roll at the start. People have been saying this on and off since the pre launch (though some were saying dont worry for whatever reason). While we may see some i dont think well see a large influx of people swapping sides. Ive tried but those quests are just so bland and the dialog short of some of the smart-*** quips of the smuggler is just not interesting.

What! Troopers have the best reoccurring line out of all the classes!

"You stab me in the back, I'll shoot you in the face."

lol Actually, I should put that in my sig. Brb.

Oh, and playing a Jedi and picking the darkside options are a blast. And there is this really creepy part where you're talking to Watcher One (an Imp agent) and he starts talking about all the seedy things you've done. So, your companion is like "***, you've done all that?!" and you have to lie about it. It's awesome!

I'm sure you mean "playing the game, play warzones, pvp" with releveling and farming.

And you have no fun doing that? In that case why did you buy the game in the first place?

I bought the game thinking there'd be more. And no, warzones are boring and repetitive afaic.

If other people actually have fun doing them then more power to them.

Experiencing a fresh story line really is enjoyable and gets the game points on the replay value meter, just to add something to the OP's sales pitch... nice job btw OP.

EDIT: My main is a 50 Scoundrel, and I'm currently playing a Marauder on a different server up to 32 currently (yes, this alt is contributing to the faction imbalance, I'm sorry) and the storyline is AMAZING. It's almost like they really did devote more time and resources into imp stories.

I dont know if it was more time and resources as much as it was just a more interesting thing to write about. The difference between the consular and the Inquisitor is pretty night and day when it comes to that story.

I dont know if it was more time and resources as much as it was just a more interesting thing to write about. The difference between the consular and the Inquisitor is pretty night and day when it comes to that story.

Absolutely, and I can't argue against that.

You have 6 motion pictures dedicated to the Star Wars story told from the good guys' perspectives.

Why wouldn't someone want to know more about what really has gone on during the bad guys' lives? So I can see how that is appealing to people who are interested in the story aspect of the game.

Absolutely, and I can't argue against that.

You have 6 motion pictures dedicated to the Star Wars story told from the good guys' perspectives.

Why wouldn't someone want to know more about what really has gone on during the bad guys' lives? So I can see how that is appealing to people who are interested in the story aspect of the game.

I can too. And I'm sure eventually I'll play all 8 classes on alts to enjoy their stories.

Nothing wrong with having some sith alts.

But play your main in the underpopulated faction.

What? Darth Maul made Sith cool with his double bladed saber. One of the titles is "Revenge of the Sith" and is told most fervently from the sith POV.

And what bioware could do as a hotfix is giving people with a lvl 50 sith an exp boost on replublic.

For example if you have a level 50 sith and played for 4 weeks now, the next republic character you make could have a 4 week rested bonus.

And what bioware could do as a hotfix is giving people with a lvl 50 sith an exp boost on replublic.

For example if you have a level 50 sith and played for 4 weeks now, the next republic character you make could have a 4 week rested bonus.

What bioware should do is turn off hutt ball and end the same faction warzone idea completely.

An hour long queue only to get rolled by Republic players who get much more practice is a tremendous incentive to roll on the other side.

Edited by Valsdad

That would just cause a crap-ton of forum raging.