What is wrong with lvl 40 pvp items prices?

gibmachine

Anyone care to enlighten me as to why lvl 40 pvp items now cost twice as much as they used to? From what I understand, they were supposed to be easily accessible and I could've grinded enough comms between questing but now, I can't even buy 3 items for 1k (which is wz comm cap).

Seriously, what gives?

It was the same price as the level 20 stuff, and that's a bit silly. I had enough to buy all of it last night when i thought it was the same price. Sucks, but it makes sense really.

Isn't commendation income the same at 10 as it is at 49? Assuming same medal amounts, etc.

Anyone care to enlighten me as to why lvl 40 pvp items now cost twice as much as they used to? From what I understand, they were supposed to be easily accessible and I could've grinded enough comms between questing but now, I can't even buy 3 items for 1k (which is wz comm cap).

Seriously, what gives?

Yea it was unexpected. The way around it is to start buying the pieces of the 40 gear in your 30s and then you'll have the full set when you hit 40.

It was the same price as the level 20 stuff, and that's a bit silly. I had enough to buy all of it last night when i thought it was the same price. Sucks, but it makes sense really.

Yep, I bought it all up before the update, lol. Oh, lucky me (:

Coms are easy to get anyways, why the qq ?

Because right now people that don't camp at vendor, can't effectively farm items. You could quest and queue and after a while, when you had 1k comms, you simply go o fleet and buy 4-5 items. Now you can't buy more than 2 unless they are implants. Bigger price would make sense with bigger cap. Now, unless you're fine with going to fleet twice as often, you're forced to camp the vendor.

Not to mention there wasn't any word about it in patchnotes.

Edited by gibmachine

Because right now people that don't camp at vendor, can't effectively farm items. You could quest and queue and after a while, when you had 1k comms, you simply go o fleet and buy 4-5 items. Now you can't buy more than 2 unless they are implants. Bigger price would make sense with bigger cap. Now, unless you're fine with going to fleet twice as often, you're forced to camp the vendor.

Not to mention there wasn't any word about it in patchnotes.

Ahh, but they also cut the rate at which you earn commendations in half, so you don't reach 1000 as quickly as you used to.

And I agree with you that the change should have been in the patch notes.

Edited by Dzhokhar

*puts on tinfoil hat*

BioWare increased the price of pvp gear so there would be less incentive to barter for weapons and mod in expertise at higher levels than you would normally have sub 50.

*takes off tinfoil hat*

I have no idea what they did it.

If you had not noticed, they also doubled level 20 PVP gear price. It's quite annoying as getiing 3000 commendations before level 20 is a little rough. That set should have stayed where is was, as it was actually reasonable to obtain before hitting 20, or around 20.

Maybe if you straight PvP'd from 10-20, but who does that? Especially PvP before level 14? Pssh oh well. My alts will have to deal with having the implants and orange pieces.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.