Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

SWTOR is not a bad game try these for bad

Perramas

The below listed games are really bad games. If you think SWTOR is a bad game go play the below listed games to understand what a bad game is and what is not.

EVE online- Most of the content it so simple and boring all of it except Incursions is heavily botted. This is a truly bad game for anything other than melting someones face, and its pretty bad at that. CCP is the most arrogant group of devs in the business, which cost them dearly this past year

Darkfall- This games programing and engine are real trash. There were and are large numbers of exploits and hacks for this game it is a true cheaters paradise.

Shadowbane- Google the launch of this monstrous piece of garbage. sb.exe was a winner and there is nothing like that in SWTOR.

Horizons- Another titanic piece of garbage that was so bad they changed the name since launch. Again use Google to see what crap is truly like when launched.

Asherons Call 2- Another game that was trash with very little content at release. The game world was almost completely devoid of NPCs, a vast wasteland of nothing.

The below listed games are really bad games. If you think SWTOR is a bad game go play the below listed games to understand what a bad game is and what is not.

EVE online- Most of the content it so simple and boring all of it except Incursions is heavily botted. This is a truly bad game for anything other than melting someones face, and its pretty bad at that. CCP is the most arrogant group of devs in the business, which cost them dearly this past year

Darkfall- This games programing and engine are real trash. There were and are large numbers of exploits and hacks for this game it is a true cheaters paradise.

Shadowbane- Google the launch of this monstrous piece of garbage. sb.exe was a winner and there is nothing like that in SWTOR.

Horizons- Another titanic piece of garbage that was so bad they changed the name since launch. Again use Google to see what crap is truly like when launched.

Asherons Call 2- Another game that was trash with very little content at release. The game world was almost completely devoid of NPCs, a vast wasteland of nothing.

Show us on this Drake doll where CCPSoundwave touched you.

Sorry, but I'm gonna have to step in and defend Eve Online. It's the only game that provides news bits about backstabbing, theft, and studies of how humans deal with each other when there's something of worth to fight over without the actual bloodshed. Most other games just spout subscriber numbers and new expansions only.

God bless those whacky Icelandic jerks.

I Beta-Tested all of those games. I would say Shadowbane was the worst launch. On my server, a guild from Beta figured out the commands to turn their character into a GM (seriously, it was written into the code that "/hgm jasbndfasdf" type command would turn the character into a GM) and they started pillaging other player made towns by literally turning off the town walls and despawning the guards. There are screenshots of people talking to GM's and the GM's literaly said: There's nothing we can do, they are a beta Guild. The guild started teleporting people to the middle of the ocean where they'd drown, then teleported their guild to Newbie Island and began killing all the lowbies.

The second week of launch was when duping hit hardcore. At that point I had amassed a few million on Gold and was peeved that everyone else starting getting gold fast. I earned mine through stealing it from other players and their banks, dammit! You know, fair and square!

By week 3, the whole game got hacked, including the billing servers. I left then. Their security was pitiful, the game engine was 5 years old at that point, and the GM's did absolutely nothing to help the player base because it was free for all PVP, and anything went, even exploits. They tried to cut down on the duping, but the portals to other servers began opening (yes, you could take over your own server, then open portals and invade other servers, that, my friends, is true PVP!) and the duping ruined the economy. People were paying millions of gold for runes that I used to sell for a few hundred K.

Shadowbane. Worst launch ever!

Might have a hard time trying Asherons call 2, since that games been dead for quite some time.

this makes me sad ;_;

AC2 was such a good game, it was perfect at everything, it just lacked anything to do at the level cap.

But it was so innovative.

Its music system was great, i mean really they could probably release just its music system as a phone app or something for $5 and make a killing. Its graphics were godly for the time.

And that mechanic class or engineer or whatever, that built walls and turrets.

That was camping perfected. If only games followed that example instead of the wow style roaming around, we would have entire cities built around mob spawns these days with people farming the exp while building strong communities.

I miss that game so much ;_;

I stopped reading after the first game you listed because it is a SANDBOX not THEMEPARK style MMO, also comparing the hyped SWTOR to those game is ignorant at best.

I Beta-Tested all of those games. I would say Shadowbane was the worst launch. On my server, a guild from Beta figured out the commands to turn their character into a GM (seriously, it was written into the code that "/hgm jasbndfasdf" type command would turn the character into a GM) and they started pillaging other player made towns by literally turning off the town walls and despawning the guards. There are screenshots of people talking to GM's and the GM's literaly said: There's nothing we can do, they are a beta Guild. The guild started teleporting people to the middle of the ocean where they'd drown, then teleported their guild to Newbie Island and began killing all the lowbies.

The second week of launch was when duping hit hardcore. At that point I had amassed a few million on Gold and was peeved that everyone else starting getting gold fast. I earned mine through stealing it from other players and their banks, dammit! You know, fair and square!

By week 3, the whole game got hacked, including the billing servers. I left then. Their security was pitiful, the game engine was 5 years old at that point, and the GM's did absolutely nothing to help the player base because it was free for all PVP, and anything went, even exploits. They tried to cut down on the duping, but the portals to other servers began opening (yes, you could take over your own server, then open portals and invade other servers, that, my friends, is true PVP!) and the duping ruined the economy. People were paying millions of gold for runes that I used to sell for a few hundred K.

Shadowbane. Worst launch ever!

even with what you said, please believe that me...and most other true Shadowbane players would drop this and any current MMO in a heartbeat to go back to Shadowbane.