Accuracy and pacify.

Flixtar

Hello there.

Want to make sure I have a clear vision about thread.

Accuracy.

Is "special" means "yellow" attacks?

Pacify.

Target has a lower chance to hit with melee and ranged attacks when afflicted by pacify. Is pacify reduces chance to hit with basic and spacial and aoe attacks. Can it be used to prevent aoe knockback or another CC, for example?

Edited by Flixtar

I have a sneaking suspicion that Pacify doesn't even work correctly.

I have hit other people with it and they are still hitting me for the duration of the debuff.

Does Pacify affect their healing spells? What I mean if they cast a heal, will it miss with the debuff?

I find it works better in PvE than PvP. Example: Foreman Crusher in Karagga's Palace when he goes berserk on the tank. Pacify helps this phase of the fight tremendously and your healers love you for it. Edited by Xansyn

The only abilities you should take off the bars for PvP are the obvious PvE-only abilities: Pommel Strike and whatever your version of Savage Kick is called.

Pommel Strike and Opportune Strike. Pacify is pretty useless, though, as 95% of all attacks are either Force or Tech. It does only take a split second to apply so might as well...

Edited by PantsOn

It takes a full GCD to place it and it works very, very effectively against Snipers, DPS Bounty Hunters, non-Rage Marauders, non-Rage Juggernauts, a decent fraction of Assassin damage (although you still want to use another ability to blunt Shockalot damage), and helps take a bite out of IA Op sustained damage when your Choke is down (note: to assist a teammate).

Edit: With the current game mechanics, I think it would be pretty cool if they just took it off the GCD.

Edited by EasymodeX

It takes a full GCD to place it and it works very, very effectively against Snipers, DPS Bounty Hunters, non-Rage Marauders, non-Rage Juggernauts, a decent fraction of Assassin damage (although you still want to use another ability to blunt Shockalot damage), and helps take a bite out of IA Op sustained damage when your Choke is down (note: to assist a teammate).

Edit: With the current game mechanics, I think it would be pretty cool if they just took it off the GCD.

I don't think it works on any non-special skills. According to MBK, only the Strike (not sure what the Mara/Jugg equivalent is called) is affected by accuracy. Pretty much any skill that uses a resource to go off, will not be affected by Pacify.

According to MBK, only the Strike (not sure what the Mara/Jugg equivalent is called) is affected by accuracy.

You are mis-interpreting the data he posted / referred to.

Strike is the only attack with a base 90% accuracy. Other melee attacks, such as Slash, have a 100% base accuracy. Players have a base 5% avoidance. Unless you try really hard to remove acc from your gear, you will get +5% acc from gear very easily. So, the conclusion is: "you don't need accuracy" and "accuracy on gear doesn't really much/anything for you".

However, that's talking about accuracy on a percent by percent basis.

Pacify throws -90% accuracy on the target. So, their "strike" will have a 0% base accuracy and their other melee/range (not tech/force) attacks will have a 10% base accuracy.

Separate topic: from my foggy memory, Tracerlolspam were ranged attacks susceptible to the blind, but I don't remember. I guess we could check torhead though! ... and it appears that Tracerlol is a tech attack, so I guess Pacify doesn't work. Odd though; I recall a BH firing tracers and watching them whiff right past me after I blinded him.

Also curious though, I wonder if these Tracer Missile ability effects:

action ModifyStat: Stat=>Armor Rating, AmountPercent=>-0.04

action ModifyMetaStat: Amount=>0.05, Stat=>Damage Received Modifier (Percentage),

Are double counting the benefit Tracer spam is supposed to normally have with Heatseeker missiles? Huehuehue curious ~

You are mis-interpreting the data he posted / referred to.

Strike is the only attack with a base 90% accuracy. Other melee attacks, such as Slash, have a 100% base accuracy. Players have a base 5% avoidance. Unless you try really hard to remove acc from your gear, you will get +5% acc from gear very easily. So, the conclusion is: "you don't need accuracy" and "accuracy on gear doesn't really much/anything for you".

However, that's talking about accuracy on a percent by percent basis.

Pacify throws -90% accuracy on the target. So, their "strike" will have a 0% base accuracy and their other melee/range (not tech/force) attacks will have a 10% base accuracy.

Separate topic: from my foggy memory, Tracerlolspam were ranged attacks susceptible to the blind, but I don't remember. I guess we could check torhead though! ... and it appears that Tracerlol is a tech attack, so I guess Pacify doesn't work. Odd though; I recall a BH firing tracers and watching them whiff right past me after I blinded him.

Also curious though, I wonder if these Tracer Missile ability effects:

action ModifyStat: Stat=>Armor Rating, AmountPercent=>-0.04

action ModifyMetaStat: Amount=>0.05, Stat=>Damage Received Modifier (Percentage),

Are double counting the benefit Tracer spam is supposed to normally have with Heatseeker missiles? Huehuehue curious ~

/facepalm

Yeah, man, I'm an idiot. Thanks for correcting me.