The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Ninjaing other people's objectives is just rude and wrong

Trashbone

If a gold star enemy is standing in front of a mission object you need to interact with (i.e. a console), and you engage him to do this, but while fighting him someone else runs up and interacts with the object, is this wrong?

For me, I guess it's a little bit cheeky, but ultimately it doesn't bother me a huge amount. In my eyes, I'm getting some possibly nice loot from the gold star enemy. ;) If they drop a blue item, maybe it's not so bad!

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hold on.

You think you have the right to loot these items but I'm the entitled one?

let me laugh harder.

the difference between you and I is that if you're there first, I'll wait for you or even help you with your's before I think about getting mine.

...because I'm not entitled to it ;)

it is not the fault of the devs or anyone else. It is YOUR decision as an individual.

Stop, Look, and Think before you do something. It is not difficult. Take stick of what you are doing and how it effects others around you BEFORE you do something.

You would not dream of acting in this manner in real life, pushing another aside to get what you want while in a store so why do people try to justify these actions online.

Edited by godslegion

the difference between you and I is that if you're there first, I'll wait for you or even help you with your's before I think about getting mine.

...because I'm not entitled to it ;)

You're absolutely right, you're not entitled to it.

So why are you complaining about people looting items you're not entitled too?

You would not dream of acting in this manner in real life, pushing another aside to get what you want while in a store so why do people try to justify these actions online.

Stores usually stock more than 1 of an item at a time, son.

Also - Black Friday.

Here's my new trick I thought I'd share. After having countless objectives stolen by douche bags, simply dont fight the elite or pack. As a sorc I just bubble up run in get objective then high tail it out the pack of mobs. If its the "strong" type or a "elite" ill bubble, CC grab then run.

No need to fight unless the mob has the object AFTER you activate the objective to summon it.

Word. The spawn times are not that long, and it works out for everyone anyway. Someone clearing a mob opens up the objective to me. I clear target, move on to the next objective, begin to clear mob, and next person gets the open target. You can go with the flow of the game and accept that there are other people playing who may or may not be aware of the unwritten supposed etiqutte rules, or you can dog somebody around the game, ignoring your own enjoyment and missions in some childish attempt to make a point the other player will likely not pick up on anyway.

Here is the answer...not that I think you will like it...but it is the right one

Edited by ThreeFeathers

You see ..that's where it all go's wrong. Respect for the individual is eaened. Respect for you fellow human beings is implicit.

..and you earn respect by showing respect.

Why respect a human being more so than a rock of the same relative weight?

They're both constructed of the same sub-atomic particles in the end.

Lego put together in a different pattern.

Mold with shoes flying through the cosmos on a hunk of molten rock.

Edited by Yfelsung

the only problem i have with the ninjaing of quest mobs if its in a heroic 4 or 2 zone where my group fought for a long while to get to the boss to finish the quest just to have another group follow us in not do anything since they hung back to let us clear the way and just take the boss when we fought the last trash mob between us and him...

other than that if i see a group ahead going for the same thing i just help clear trash so they can get to it faster so it can spawn faster for me

I'd feel like too much of an *** ninjaing stuff. If I have to kill an elite and somebody else is stood looking at it, I always invite them to a group. If someone is killing stuff to get a chest behind, I never get it, I even help them kill so they can get it before anybody else does. If I see Empire players fighting something and losing I help them. I also never kill people lower level than me, unless I recognize them from killing me previously when they've been with someone higher level to help them or something.

it is not the fault of the devs or anyone else. It is YOUR decision as an individual.

Stop, Look, and Think before you do something. It is not difficult. Take stick of what you are doing and how it effects others around you BEFORE you do something.

They do it because they can as allowed by the game designers.

I would get in a real fight if someone behaved like this in real life.

And as I have written, there is not necessarily bad intention behind it.

You see it, you get it.

Standard behavior of many people and often seen from other players that serve as model.

Edited by genpion

Why respect a human being more so than a rock of the same relative weight?

They're both constructed of the same sub-atomic particles in the end.

Lego put together in a different pattern.

Mold with shoes flying through the cosmos on a hunk of molten rock.

Because you reap what you sow (you may understand it as karma) ..and it's the right thing to do.

Because you reap what you sow (you may understand it as karma) ..and it's the right thing to do.

Please provide objective evidence of karma, preferably a large study with a decent data group covering multiple social statuses, income levels etc.

Please provide the source of your objective moral statement.

I'll wait.

Please provide objective evidence of karma, preferably a large study with a decent data group covering multiple social statuses, income levels etc.

Please provide the source of your objective moral statement.

I'll wait.

not necessary ..it'll slap you in the face someday.

It may not happen in some stupid game. But ill will and disrespect breeds the same ..and that is what you'll reap.

I've only had it happen to me once. Republic side, that stupid quest room where you get the slave collars out of the chests. There are always too many people and not enough chests. (Yes, I have too many alts, otherwise, I wouldn't know this!). Anyway, I ninjad a couple right back and she went away. I suppose I should have team invited so we both could finish faster, but I wasn't in a people mood.

Typical MMO (and human) behavior, sadly.

I wish it were different, and I wish it could be stopped, but I doubt that's ever going to happen.

Couldnt say it any better than that.

I have also seen it a lot & the only thing you can do, is to repay their kindness.

I've only had it happen to me once. Republic side, that stupid quest room where you get the slave collars out of the chests. There are always too many people and not enough chests. (Yes, I have too many alts, otherwise, I wouldn't know this!). Anyway, I ninjad a couple right back and she went away. I suppose I should have team invited so we both could finish faster, but I wasn't in a people mood.

they just need to make it where everyone can get it as soon as the timer resets and not just 1 at a time

not necessary ..it'll slap you in the face someday.

It may not happen in some stupid game. But ill will and disrespect breeds the same ..and that is what you'll reap.

So you have no proof and are going with the 'some day I'll be right' argument.

*slow clap*

Reminds me of the "Well... YOU'RE GOING TO HELL" argument.

Very skillful retort.

I get like that too at times, but normally on my server as empire, another player and I will roll up on an elite with the objective behind it. Normally Ill receive a invite or id send one, no words exchanged just group kill, objective = x2, disband. Simple!

So you have no proof and are going with the 'some day I'll be right' argument.

*slow clap*

Reminds me of the "Well... YOU'RE GOING TO HELL" argument.

Very skillful retort.

Seeing as we're all allready in hell that argument is mute.

You can't possibly be that dense. You're trolling.

On the outside chance you actually aren't trolling, yeah, the item/objective IS mine. I paid for it by clearing the way. I pay for time, and I just spent my time gettting to it by clearing things around it. I really did buy it, I really do own it.

You want one? Fine. Pay for it like I did and you're more than welcome to it.

The problem, Vex, is you did not clear the way. You and I and the next guy are all three moving through the halls. When you're clearing mobs on the way to the objective, me and the other are running by you clearing the next two sets on the way to the objective. And you are running by us. Nevermind the fact that neither of us know necessarily that you are even after the same objective. Personally, I kill elites whenver I come across them whether I'm looking for a goodie or not, so you may have even benefitted from my efforts.

This is not golf and I do not have to wait for you to do everything you want to do before I can move on with what I want to do. You can cry about "courtesy" all you want, call people names who disagree with you, and pat yourself on the back for your exemplary manners until your arm breaks for all I care. The fact is, the inconvenience you are moaning about is trivial. Get perspective and learn some patience, I say.