The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Republic endgame gear does not make me look powerful. Only stupid.

ndruo

I'm a pro, and because you didn't seem to understand the point of my post I'll make it more clear.

You're not asking for HARD, you're asking for impossible. You can't satisfy 100% of a player-base in any aspect of a game. This applies to art direction as well.

I personally was very unsatisfied with the look of t1/t2 in WoW. I played a hunter, and both Dragonstalker and Giantstalker were horrible to me. That said, I understand what the pipeline looks like, and I understand what they were trying to accomplish. I wasn't happy with the end result, but it doesn't mean that nobody was.

Lol.. as a "pro" myself I usually use excuses like yours as a reason to fire them and get new talent.

The Devs proved they can make good looking gear, just check the Imps. They failed at Republic gear and it is one of the reasons for the imbalance in PvP. Other failures by the Devs also come in to play, but most players admit the Republic gear is lacking.

Edited by --Grim--

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol.. as a "pro" myself I usually use excuses like yours as a reason to fire them and get new talent.

The Devs proved they can make good looking gear, just check the Imps. They failed at Republic gear and it is one of the reasons for the imbalance in PvP. Other failures by the Devs also come in to play, but most players admit the Republic gear is lacking.

Lol...as a "pro", you should know that everything of importance goes through both leads and ADs. As such, anything in game has gotten past the AD at both the concept and modeling stage. By firing talent for producing work that YOU approved, (as only an AD and/or lead artist could get an artist fired for poor work), you're only demonstrating your own incompetence.

You'd also understand the reality of milestones and as such, very limited time constraints.

Honestly, if you are a lead/AD, and you're still employed in the industry, let your prospective employees know how you operate at the time of interview. It would be interesting to see if you hold on to any talent worth their salt.

Lol...as a "pro", you should know that everything of importance goes through both leads and ADs. As such, anything in game has gotten past the AD at both the concept and modeling stage. By firing talent for producing work that YOU approved, (as only an AD and/or lead artist could get an artist fired for poor work), you're only demonstrating your own incompetence.

You'd also understand the reality of milestones and as such, very limited time constraints.

Honestly, if you are a lead/AD, and you're still employed in the industry, let your prospective employees know how you operate at the time of interview. It would be interesting to see if you hold on to any talent worth their salt.

If there was a petition that 100 % of the republic player based signed saying that they were dissatisfied with the armor design you would just fabricate another excuse. I play a Jedi Guardian and the Champion Gear is like a light trooper suit with samurai hat. I wish I could get my robes back.

So you want them to butcher the established lore of the universe to make your character look pretty?

I think the devs already did that. My consular is considering the Slave outfit out of desperation to be rid of her brown bathrobe.

I have yet to see a 50 that I want to be like when I grow up.

I don't know what they could do though.

This was one of the major issues that would arise from making a Star Wars MMORPG, you can't change certain aspects of the gear too much or the RP / Lore players WILL flip.

Same thing with Lightsabres, how will it be 3 years down the road when you've been using a similar model Lightsaber?

If Bioware wants this to succeeed, they need to break the lore a bit.

So you want them to butcher the established lore of the universe to make your character look pretty?

Um...if it were along the lines of established "lore" then none of the other classes would stand a chance against us. There definitely wouldn't be any balance in PvP for a smuggler when fighting a Jedi. Seriously....get rid of our stupid hats and give us some cooler looking clothes...more detail, more variance...make me look more like a warrior monk than a drag queen Amidala.

I don't know what they could do though.

This was one of the major issues that would arise from making a Star Wars MMORPG, you can't change certain aspects of the gear too much or the RP / Lore players WILL flip.

Same thing with Lightsabres, how will it be 3 years down the road when you've been using a similar model Lightsaber?

If Bioware wants this to succeeed, they need to break the lore a bit.

Why can't they? They are allowed to make Lightsabers take as long to take someone down as a blaster? A Lightsaber would cut through just about anything instantly or with a bit of time with it being applied. In this game though you swing your whiffer bat Lightsaber endlessly...how is that not breaking lore?

I think people are too stuck on the "breaking lore" kick while not realizing that lore is already broken.