What do we bring to the table?

Siokai

All i can tell you about PVP is sents rip my Shadow a new ***. Granted the raid buffs arent as important during unorganized pvp, but you still have a healing debuff, great closers, interrupts for days and (if combat) some crazy burst, though retardedly gear dependant).

Try combat, find a sage/inquis and watch it splat...... If organized PVP is your focus, you are prolly second to infil shadow at harassment. Find a pocket healer ;)

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

All i can tell you about PVP is sents rip my Shadow a new ***. Granted the raid buffs arent as important during unorganized pvp, but you still have a healing debuff, great closers, interrupts for days and (if combat) some crazy burst, though retardedly gear dependant).

Try combat, find a sage/inquis and watch it splat...... If organized PVP is your focus, you are prolly second to infil shadow at harassment. Find a pocket healer ;)

Unfortunately all the healers on my forsaken server are DPS spec to get more medals. -_-

What I've taken away from this is the following:

1) Interrupts are amazing for PVP and PVE, and we are one of the best classes at it

2) We have good survivability with our CDs

3) Our Raid buffs are important and a huge boost.

4) We can bring a level of maneuverability to the group that no other class can.

Edited by Siokai

Just a note there are pretty much 4 dps classes that "seem" to be a big chunk above the others. So being part of that group... you're 1/4 if you didnt have your buffs (in PVE).

But no combat logs is a kick in the nuts for feeling out class dps.

Our constant damage output is more then any other class can put out, whilst still being targeted.

Ontop of this we have amongst the best survivability in the game, if not even THE best. I really enjoy playing my Sentinel and I think a skilled Sentinel just out-does pretty much any other class.

As a Sent with almost all Champ gear, it makes me sad to see this, because I think the complete opposite.

In my experience our ability to destroy healers is unrivaled. My teammates LOVE the fact that I can take them out quickly (as Watchman). We also bring Transcendence, and I cannot tell you how amazing this is when team play comes into the equation. Group heals are nice, and the ability to heal 18% of your health while popping Zen is nothing to laugh at either.

Opinions on our survivability seems split on these forums. I personally think it's very good. Awe, Pacify, Force Camo, Guarded by the Force, Saber Ward, Rebuke help me survive for a very long time. Very often, I'll take on 3 players and end up killing 2 before dying myself, or even use Camo to escape the enemy (Transcendence + Camo gives you great results for this).

I don't know what to tell you about the damage, because in my experience it seems rather good. By good I mean almost always top damage, if not 2nd. I honestly thought this would not be the case once the 50's bracket was introduced... but I'm doing just as much damage as before (then again the Imperial side was almost always full of 50s prior to the update).

So far the only issue that I haven't changed my mind on is the ability stuttering. THAT is extremely frustrating. (and now the CD indicator change on our bars... that is annoying as well)

As a Sent with almost all Champ gear, it makes me sad to see this, because I think the complete opposite.

In my experience our ability to destroy healers is unrivaled. My teammates LOVE the fact that I can take them out quickly (as Watchman). We also bring Transcendence, and I cannot tell you how amazing this is when team play comes into the equation. Group heals are nice, and the ability to heal 18% of your health while popping Zen is nothing to laugh at either.

Opinions on our survivability seems split on these forums. I personally think it's very good. Awe, Pacify, Force Camo, Guarded by the Force, Saber Ward, Rebuke help me survive for a very long time. Very often, I'll take on 3 players and end up killing 2 before dying myself, or even use Camo to escape the enemy (Transcendence + Camo gives you great results for this).

I don't know what to tell you about the damage, because in my experience it seems rather good. By good I mean almost always top damage, if not 2nd. I honestly thought this would not be the case once the 50's bracket was introduced... but I'm doing just as much damage as before (then again the Imperial side was almost always full of 50s prior to the update).

So far the only issue that I haven't changed my mind on is the ability stuttering. THAT is extremely frustrating. (and now the CD indicator change on our bars... that is annoying as well)

If you want to kill competent healers you have to go Focus. As Watchman a healer with equal gear will just outheal you, whilst you can actually burst harder with Focus. Dont really like Focus personally since I am playing Watchman mainly. But definately easier as Focus.

If you want to kill competent healers you have to go Focus. As Watchman a healer with equal gear will just outheal you, whilst you can actually burst harder with Focus. Dont really like Focus personally since I am playing Watchman mainly. But definately easier as Focus.

Huh... I've played Focus as well (in fact all 3 specs) and I didn't really get that feeling. In fact I switched back to Watchman specifically because I wanted to kill healers. Maybe I'm missing something?

Personally I find the 6s interrupt and 0m Force Leap devastating against healers (not to mention Awe and Stasis as backup interrupts, then again all 3 specs have this) Once I start up with Leg Slash and Crippling throw, it's only a matter of time before my 3 stacks of OS + Cauterize + Zen and Merciless Slash drop them like flies.

I will say though Focus is so fun to play... when the Sweep actually lands (lol lag)

Focus Sentinels do the highest sustained damage of any spec. While Gunslingers/Commandos can pull similar numbers if left to free cast, the Sentinel shines in that they will pull the same amount of damage no matter what you do to them.

There was so much crying about Sentinels on the forums that I had a talk with a Sentinel in my guild. After much discussion, we came to the conclusion that the majority of players who play Sentinels are complete garbage. They are merely blaming their own ineffectiveness on class mechanics.

TL;DR Sentinels brings unstoppable sustained damage to PvP. There is absolutely nothing wrong with Sentinels. If you aren't doing well in PvP, step up your game.

Huh... I've played Focus as well (in fact all 3 specs) and I didn't really get that feeling. In fact I switched back to Watchman specifically because I wanted to kill healers. Maybe I'm missing something?

Personally I find the 6s interrupt and 0m Force Leap devastating against healers (not to mention Awe and Stasis as backup interrupts, then again all 3 specs have this) Once I start up with Leg Slash and Crippling throw, it's only a matter of time before my 3 stacks of OS + Cauterize + Zen and Merciless Slash drop them like flies.

I will say though Focus is so fun to play... when the Sweep actually lands (lol lag)

You can time burst with Focus alot better, since you have guaranteed crits at times, which you dont have as Watchman. Any good healer will laugh at Watchman damage all-in-all.

Dont get me wrong here, Watchman is still an incredibly strong specc and I love playing it, mostly kill healers extremely easy. Its just the better ones I really have a problem killing solo, because even with MS up they will still outheal me.

Focus Sentinels do the highest sustained damage of any spec. While Gunslingers/Commandos can pull similar numbers if left to free cast, the Sentinel shines in that they will pull the same amount of damage no matter what you do to them.

There was so much crying about Sentinels on the forums that I had a talk with a Sentinel in my guild. After much discussion, we came to the conclusion that the majority of players who play Sentinels are complete garbage. They are merely blaming their own ineffectiveness on class mechanics.

TL;DR Sentinels brings unstoppable sustained damage to PvP. There is absolutely nothing wrong with Sentinels. If you aren't doing well in PvP, step up your game.

Well, the majority of players playing every class is complete garbage, just the fact that you can get away with it alot easier with other classes.

As for as unstoppable sustained damage in PvP, I dont really agree. Sure in normal WZ's against randoms I can constantly pull out alot of damage, but a competent team will be able to lock your damage out quite effectively through CC. Not really had that much problem with it this far, but I think if they implement any kind of really competitive PvP, they will need to change some things.

At the moment I think the only comp that will be really valid for a sentinel in a 3v3 arena bracket would be double healer / sent, because of the dispel.

You can time burst with Focus alot better, since you have guaranteed crits at times, which you dont have as Watchman. Any good healer will laugh at Watchman damage all-in-all.

Dont get me wrong here, Watchman is still an incredibly strong specc and I love playing it, mostly kill healers extremely easy. Its just the better ones I really have a problem killing solo, because even with MS up they will still outheal me.

Ah well, I'm willing to accept that good healers can survive against a single dpser. It's not the worst thing in the world to have my friend come and help me a bit. Plus I simply like Watchman's playstyle with dots + self heals, and as you said, the spec itself is very strong.

However there are plenty of things I like about the other 2 specs as well...

Oh sentinel what a fun class you are.

Ah well, I'm willing to accept that good healers can survive against a single dpser. It's not the worst thing in the world to have my friend come and help me a bit. Plus I simply like Watchman's playstyle with dots + self heals, and as you said, the spec itself is very strong.

However there are plenty of things I like about the other 2 specs as well...

Oh sentinel what a fun class you are.

Yea, I am fine with it too, just think that you can really crush healers in 1v1 as Focus. But personally I enjoy watchman playstyle better, as I think the flow is alot smoother when it comes to Focus building and cooldown management.

Combat is really nice too, just a damage lackluster, but if that is fixed we'll have three incredibly cool and valid speccs.

any dd can crush a healer in 1v1. healers are really underpowered due to the 30% debuff in pvp. (in case that someone isnt aware of it: everyone gets a debuff in pvp which reduces the heal by 30%)

ive tried several classes, jedi sage 50, commando 24 and sentinel 50. in pvp the commado is in my oppinion the strongest due to the heavy armor against stealty classes, the enormous dmg output which is hard to interrupt (grav round blocked->charged bolt or full auto). the commando has a huge knockback every 20s AND a small one every 9s. although i am not healspecced with my commando i can still cc any melee enemy during his defensive shields etc. and heal myself a little while i cant deal dmg due to saber ward or pacify. it works quite well. (now that i know how rebuke works its quite easy to kill marauders, the time will come when everyone will know how rebuke works and then our sentinels will get 20% squishier)

i am talking about high skilled group pvp where everone uses his soft cc abilities and focus targets have to be switched from time to time. i doint feel extraordinarily weak with my sentinel but the dmg output ist rediculously low regarding the circumstances under which i deal dmg.

healers arent underpowered... u notice a huge difference if u play with 2 of them.

protect your healers with guard and your issues should be fixed

btw... what is this "high skilled pvp" u r talking about, i thought this game is about farming medals.

Why don't the "DPS only" classes do significantly more DPS?

Our armor looks like ****, our skills are buggy, and our DPS is mediocre. For those that say "Well it's not about the damage" I respond with a: Yes it is. That's our class.

These are two things I do have to agree with. Sentinels can put out quite a good amount of DPS, but without the survivablity that other classes get for free, we die out quickly, sink more heals than the tanks, and ultimately do less DPS than all classes because of it. Sentinels are literally built for damage, and damage only, but are class-equalized according to control numbers, not battle numbers.

And double agree, Sentinel Armor looks like melted garbage. What's with the one shoulder pad sticking out further than a lightsaber? It looks like **** Trooper armor.

The Guardian armor looks like what Sentinel armor should be. Bladed and flowing.

These are two things I do have to agree with. Sentinels can put out quite a good amount of DPS, but without the survivablity that other classes get for free, we die out quickly, sink more heals than the tanks, and ultimately do less DPS than all classes because of it. Sentinels are literally built for damage, and damage only, but are class-equalized according to control numbers, not battle numbers.

And double agree, Sentinel Armor looks like melted garbage. What's with the one shoulder pad sticking out further than a lightsaber? It looks like **** Trooper armor.

The Guardian armor looks like what Sentinel armor should be. Bladed and flowing.

guess this is a problem of our class... we are the only mainclass who also may change their armor from medium to heavy if we choose to be guardian.

Well, the majority of players playing every class is complete garbage, just the fact that you can get away with it alot easier with other classes.

The game should be balanced around top tier play, not around people who have no clue what they are doing. If you are struggling because you can't play a class to potential, then the burden is on you to improve, not on the developers to "balance."

As for as unstoppable sustained damage in PvP, I dont really agree. Sure in normal WZ's against randoms I can constantly pull out alot of damage, but a competent team will be able to lock your damage out quite effectively through CC. Not really had that much problem with it this far, but I think if they implement any kind of really competitive PvP, they will need to change some things.

If you are playing vs. a competent team, then you'll probably want to have a competent team yourself. Your healers can dispel almost all CCs that can be applied to you. CCing a Sentinel without also CCing his healer pretty much means you are giving him CC immunity for a long time. A Sentinel with full resolve is not something you want to meet in a dark alley.

At the moment I think the only comp that will be really valid for a sentinel in a 3v3 arena bracket would be double healer / sent, because of the dispel.

Why even talk about arenas when they aren't implemented, and probably will never be implemented?

A few fun facts:

Focus Sentinels are the only spec I can't beat consistently 1v1 as an Assault Spec Vanguard. I can deny a Scoundrel his opener with a good Stealth Scanner. I can pop Defensive cds when I see a Shadow get double rock stacks and about to burst. I can lock down the damage of any caster via interrupts/stuns. Even vs. Focus Guardians, I can start in melee range to deny them the focus from charges.

However, vs. a Sentinel, they can start the fight in stealth to always open with charge. They can save their damage immunity cd for when I'm about to burst. If I pop any defensive cds, they can use their incapacitate, back off, and reopen with charge after my cds have faded. It doesn't matter if I can get them low, since they can hit for 6-7k with Force Sweep even against 600+ expertise.

Yes, I know 1v1 doesn't matter. BUT, let's consider this. Sentinels are incredible 1v1. They are incredible in a group setting when paired with a healer. What's not to like?

we bring the team buffs to the table. I know it doesn't seem like much, and it definitely goes un noticed by most. The other players are like"zomg i owned that guy cuz i hit harder from some reason or took less dmg" ya, no thanks to the sentinel for the 15% dmg buff or the shield/movement speed. But 4 people all taking 10% less dmg or doing 15% more dmg is pretty big.

Also when they fix ability lag that will help a ton.

and the other thing i would love for them to add to sent's specifically to make us a more "needed" class would be buffing our crippling throw either through talent or passive sent trainer skill to a 30% heal debuff instead of just 20%.

Also combat could use a slight boost, which could be done by just making the precision slash buff last 2 seconds longer and blade rush hit for an additional 100-200 more base dmg.

I feel like these fixes and small buffs would be enough to make most sents happy

Edited by KilllerRock

Focus Sentinels are the only spec I can't beat consistently 1v1 as an Assault Spec Vanguard. I can deny a Scoundrel his opener with a good Stealth Scanner. I can pop Defensive cds when I see a Shadow get double rock stacks and about to burst. I can lock down the damage of any caster via interrupts/stuns. Even vs. Focus Guardians, I can start in melee range to deny them the focus from charges.

However, vs. a Sentinel, they can start the fight in stealth to always open with charge. They can save their damage immunity cd for when I'm about to burst. If I pop any defensive cds, they can use their incapacitate, back off, and reopen with charge after my cds have faded. It doesn't matter if I can get them low, since they can hit for 6-7k with Force Sweep even against 600+ expertise.

No they can't. A sents sweep will top out at like 5k vs a 0 expertise target.

Who wants to play the most fun spec in the game? Decent damage comes from Combat. Good damage comes from Focus. Watchman puts out amazing damage. If you think that the dots are ineffective in PvP, you aren't paying attention or have never traited Watchman for PvP.

More like you are infatuated with your dear Watchman spec.

Yes they can. A sents sweep will top out at like 6-7k vs a 600+ expertise target.

It is possible, however it requires A surge relic, a expertise buff or stim, AND a 5 minute cooldown that lasts 15 seconds. Possible? Yes. Within standard gameplay? Not even close.

More like you are infatuated with your dear Watchman spec.

If you say so, it must be true. I've done the other two specs justice, they just don't have half the upside of Watchman.

Edited by Apocalypse-

It is possible, however it requires A surge relic, a expertise buff or stim, AND a 5 minute cooldown that lasts 15 seconds. Possible? Yes. Within standard gameplay? Not even close.

If you say so, it must be true. I've done the other two specs justice, they just don't have half the upside of Watchman.

That's your opinion. I also tested all three and Combat blows Watchman out of the water in quite a few situations.