Heals Generate SO much threat

Nirvashe

okay so ive been playing the healing spec with my merc, and my god, its almost impossible to do HM's cause you generate so much threat idk if its just me but i talked to some other people in game and they have been having the same issue....

is there something we are doing wrong or what cause its getting to the point where i might have to just role a sorc to heal, and i hate sorcs just cause every direction i look i see one.

tell your Tank he needs to tank XP this is not WoW there is no easy threat generation nor mitigation so you have to think when healing. This games difficulty when it comes to threat is set much higher then WoW or most MMOs BW wants to keep healers and tanks on their toes when grouping with other players.

Only hardmode boss so far I've had heat problems with is the one in "Kaons siege" (not 100% on the name) the new instance, and that is only on the extra boss in there, we kill him, but its straining on my heat

Only hardmode boss so far I've had heat problems with is the one in "Kaons siege" (not 100% on the name) the new instance, and that is only on the extra boss in there, we kill him, but its straining on my heat

He's talking about threat, not heat.

Edited by magvest
Fixed facts :)

Yes, I notice now that I miss read what he said.

and... in that matter, it really is not a problem at all, never ever had a threat issue

Have the dps kill off the non elite mobs first, and just have the tank grab the elite/strong mobs and its all fine. The tank ain't suppose to tank all mobs in this game.

Also everyone capable should use their CC to keep the loose mobs to a minimum. I positively love Bioware for reintroducing the need for crowdcontrol again. In a multimob pull where CC is used effectivly there will be maybe one or two loose mobs and thats not a problem for the tank to pick up nor for the healer to handle.

Of course if there are players present not familiar with the concept of CC there will be problems since healing through an onslaught of multiple mobs aint working...

So start teaching ppl the glory of CC and most pulls will be easy and aggro from mobs due to threat from healing will be virtually nil...

Ye, same problem here on big packs I always outaggro the tank and there's nothing he can do about it.

My first heal has to come before he can touch all mobs since he has almost no aoe threat and once I cast my first heal I get aggro from mobs. Which means I have to heal to keep me alive and generate more aggro.

But I rarely die and it makes it a bit more interesting and challengin than solely healing the tank.

Just practice on your positioning, use stuns and help with death from above on weaker mobs so they aren't able to damage you.

Medpacks also help a lot, even as a healer.

If you're pulling that much threat, I suspect you're either doing something wrong or else have been unlucky enough to be running with bad dps.

If you're kolto shelling the tank before the pull, stop it. Let him get in (and take) a few hits, then shell him. Get a healing scan up to get proactive med, etc. going, toss out a supercharged gas kolto missile on him for the extra damage mitigation. I find that my tanks very rarely need constant heal spamming because so much of our healing arsenal is designed to prevent/reduce incoming damage; our strength lies in proactive, not reactive, healing.

If you find yourself having to spam heal dps and are generating a ton of threat that way, then that's no fault of yours or the tank, that's just bad dps who are likely standing in the fire/goo/poison or else playing Johnny Wondercluck Superhero and trying to tank a mob the tank isn't on.. i.e. they're on the wrong target.

Edited by Domineaux

I'd like to chime in on the matter saying that kolto shell have so far being the biggest culprit for unwanted aggro for me. Shelling tank pre-pull is generally a bad, bad idea since you get heal aggro on everything at the first hit.

I've not logged in since the patch, though. Not sure if they did anything about it