The Republic has given up

LKaras

iam not giving up, lots of the problems have been fixed, just get back out there. The more people that return the better it will be for everyone.

No thanks, havent played my 50 sent. since the whole 1.1 free valor rank 60 for Empire, we rerolled as Empire on a dif. server and having a blast, thank god we started as Republic I doubt any of us could have enjoyed going from Empire to Republic.

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are all exaggerating so bad. If you are winning 1 out of 10 WZs I assure you it has NOTHING to do with population. Roll pve.

Population

Gear

Low valor levels vs. Battlemasters

No thanks, losing over and over again so I can hopefully catch up to people who exploited their valor rank doesnt sound like fun in the slightest.

Tbh all Republic should reroll as Empire for the next few weeks or months, play through the game, have fun and by then the same empire people denying the current issues will be begging for Republic to be buffed so they can actually pvp again and then you can just log into your 50 while they all level up.

They need to find a way to make republic more popular

rest will fix itself

Make Sentinel gdlk

Seriously, the solution to Republic's problem is the Knight class.

Someone did the datamining and found that while a strong majority of the Empire chose to play Sith Inquisitor, more than 70% of the Republic population chose the Jedi Knight.

Why does Republic fail at PvP? Sentinel. There's a lot of them and a strong majority of them are ungeared, inexperienced, and completely useless.

Troll much? Herp derp?

Try playing with a team with 12-14 k hp against a team of all 17-21k hp. It's like placing a group of 35s against 50s. The gear imbalance is INSANE. And this completely correlates to the Population deficiency. Simple matter. Imps have far more players, therefore early on they tended to have alot more 50s in WZ. So Republic generally got steam rolled. This lead to easy valor and gear gain. Then Illum 1.1 happened. Imp Valor gain shot up through the roof. Gear ratio is completely fell off the deep end at this point.

There's no going back unless somethings done to resolve the population deficiency. First of all they need to allow the over populated faction to swap factions, give imps the coice of re-rolling there characters republic. Next there should be some incentives to play the underdog faction. Give a percentile increase to valor and xp gain based on the population imbalance. Give a percentile buff in world PVP based on the imbalance.

Yeah, this. It's not even enjoyable now.

Population

Gear

Low valor levels vs. Battlemasters

No thanks, losing over and over again so I can hopefully catch up to people who exploited their valor rank doesnt sound like fun in the slightest.

Tbh all Republic should reroll as Empire for the next few weeks or months, play through the game, have fun and by then the same empire people denying the current issues will be begging for Republic to be buffed so they can actually pvp again and then you can just log into your 50 while they all level up.

sploiting to get battlemaster doesn't negate the fact that you are a baddie and are easily disposed of in a wz

Make Sentinel gdlk

Seriously, the solution to Republic's problem is the Knight class.

Someone did the datamining and found that while a strong majority of the Empire chose to play Sith Inquisitor, more than 70% of the Republic population chose the Jedi Knight.

Why does Republic fail at PvP? Sentinel. There's a lot of them and a strong majority of them are ungeared, inexperienced, and completely useless.

I could have predicted this 3 years before the game was released. So why did BW make sorcs OP and Knights weak?

I could have predicted this 3 years before the game was released. So why did BW make sorcs OP and Knights weak?

You know that those aren't the equivalent classes right? Sorc is an advanced class, Knight is a basic class. At this point, I'm not sure if you're really trying to compare a Sorc to the Knight as a whole or a Sorc to a Shadow.

Even then, each side's respective classes have the exact same abilities. The only difference is the names which they're given.

You know that those aren't the equivalent classes right? Sorc is an advanced class, Knight is a basic class. At this point, I'm not sure if you're really trying to compare a Sorc to the Knight as a whole or a Sorc to a Shadow.

Even then, each side's respective classes have the exact same abilities. The only difference is the names which they're given.

Yes I'm well aware of all that. It doesn't matter which Knight AC is chosen, both are laughably weak compared to Sorc in pvp.

Which was the point. It was extremely obvious that Sorc was the AC that most imp pvp'ers would gravitate to - yet BW went and made them the most OP spec anyway.

That's why most WZ's have at least 4 and quite often 5-6 Sorcs.

1) Give a big stat and CC resist bonus to the faction what is populationally under represented on the planet. The bonus should be as high in % as the faction imbalance is in %.

2) Make a quest/option that you can change your faction.

I for one would prefer playing on the underdog side.

1) Give a big stat and CC resist bonus to the faction what is populationally under represented on the planet. The bonus should be as high in % as the faction imbalance is in %.

2) Make a quest/option that you can change your faction.

I for one would prefer playing on the underdog side.

This. I swapped to Republic early on, and to a melee class. Had my sorcerer up to 37 during early access and swapped because i realized how imbalanced the population was and how EZ mode sorcerer was in general. Now I'm beginning to regret swapping factions, because im watching the republic fleet dwindle down. On my server, the empirial fleet always has about 4 times as many people on as the republic fleet - same is true for every planet. Pretty sad.

Now with the free ilum valor, my guild went from 30-40 active members online (most at 50) to about 5-10. I think the same applies across my server on republic side (as my friends list is also conspicuously empty.

the answer is also fairly simple

make daily about getting medals not win's , gear shouldn't be random. and allow for craftable lvl 50 expertise mods so we can at least get some expertise so we don't get completely smashed.

I personally wouldn't feel bad about losing if it was helping me towards getting gear more then it currently is. but if the daily/weekly become about getting medals, healers need some more medal options, as a guardian I can get 4 medals in 1-2 mins, while a healer who works the whole time get's 3 medals in total.

I really like this idea.

srsly they just need to add a tenacity buff like wintergrasp in wow to fix it, and make ppl with tenacity worth more valor so a repub player doesnt kill 3 sith because they are boosted and imps get valor for 1 kill, if they did that it wouldnt be favoring either side

Just for some perspective from the otehr side, we don't like the imbalance much either. I hate running all over the place flagged for pvp, but never finding anyone. I hate queing for pvp an finding that it's huttball every freakin time.

I want to find Republic players running around out in the world, and fight them. Alas, there are none to be found.

It used to be that back in the day all the kiddies rolled the good side. Nowadays, everyone wants to be a bad boy for some reason. I don't know...

I don't know what the solution is either, but I am on a pvp server for the prospect of open world pvp. I have been playing for weeks now and I have seen precisely ONE republic player in all that time. That sux.

those supporting the fact people cheated an exploited an did not earn anything, are obviously the same ones that did it in first place. there should be a flat rollback of every account in the game, make it clear its because of the idiotic teenagers who cheated an they will will be treated by everyone els how they deserve cos people will be pissed at them for causing it.

It's about time someone taught them consequences for your action's.

None of the 50s earned anything, they did it simply put because they are greedy, an lazy an saw a fast way to exploit something they didn't deserve.

Now grant you nothing is going to be done since its Bioware/EA nothing was ever going to be done. But I think many people are waiting now for GW2 an some real pvp.

I already had some toolbelt on Hoth attack me while I was on the flight platform, he ran up an started hitting me, I just laughed at him an watched while he did it.... they dont deserve the respect of fighting back.

So, now that they announced that they will in fact be taking action against those involved...your whole "nothing was ever going to be done" rant looks kinda silly...doesn't it?

So, now that they announced that they will in fact be taking action against those involved...your whole "nothing was ever going to be done" rant looks kinda silly...doesn't it?

They also announced changing my champion boots and that a csr will contact me for that, still waiting after one week so dont hold your breath

Don't play dumb. Nothing would have been done if they wouldn't have started making loud complaints about this injustice.

And it was a injustice. Simply unbelievable that even as BW knew of the big population imbalance they made getting the next tier pvp gear in open World pvp. Not to mention not even having enough working tower defense at the spawn point.

Link please?

It's right on the front page when you select forums. The devs have stated publicly that there will be individual loss of valor and possibly actions taken against accounts in some cases, over the pvp exploits in question.

Bioware has a long history of making awesome games. They may be new to the MMO space, but they are not new. For people to all of a sudden start talking about this stellar company with some of the biggest titles in gaming and universally recognized excellence as if they were 3 punks sitting in their mom's basement making stuff up...is a bit silly to me.

Edited by Faischal

An entire faction is seriously giving up after a month? I played underdog in aion for 2 years, where the siege system was actually a huge part of the endgame. This is pretty mind blowing if you're serious here and not exagerating.

We're serious.

I'm certain there are a few diamonds out there- guilds/groups that are beating the odds and will continue to do so, but I'll let the forums and the many posts about faction imbalance speak for me. I'll let BW same faction WZ speak for me.

The only real faction vs faction PVP in SWTOR future will be Imperials who reroll as Republic.

Comical in a way- so many fanboys keep posting that 'we' should give BW time to fix a game that is 6 years in development and had a $200M budget.

Well, I'm telling Imperials the same thing- you'll just have to wait for a sizable portion of your population to switch factions and level to 50 before you'll have any consistent, decent PVP.

Can you wait that long?

It's one thing to say it... quite another to follow through. It was BW talk (advertising) that convinced me to buy their game... but what I actually got wasn't what I was 'promised'.

Unless they actually post the names/realms of the offenders... it's just BW PR damage control. All bark and no bite.

Seriously Bioware, PVP on Helm of Graush is really bad. Republic looses at least 70% of the matches. Mostly due to the class imbalances I believe, the operative and the sorcreror are NOT mere images of each other on the republic side.

Also, when they brackted the 50's into its only PVP, which they needed too they were so out geared us that it didn't matter, not to mention that they were farming Illum and out geared us that way also.

There is an obvious server imbalance as well. It's actually pretty bad, I am in one of the top 3 largest republic guilds and no one wants to pvp because it's like pulling teeth to win a match. I DREAD DOING WARZONES, and so does most of our guild

BIOWARE YOU NEED TO FIX THIS!!!!!!!!!

As a "fresh" 50 on Imperial side farming for dailys I am NOT having fun at all on Ilum. I ran across maybe 4 Republic people, defeated one, and the others were killed by other players.

Also, as soon as an armament shows up its like a race fest to it.

I have literally given up on Ilum to get top PVP gear as it is a giant waste of time and in no means any "fun".

Geez Id rather hunt top gear off an individual enemy drop with a high rating than farm materials and commendations.

I wouldn't mind losing Warzones if I could play.

And by that I mean that my decidedly above-average custom-built computer drops from 70-90FPS when anywhere else (even on the Fleet) to 15-20FPS with significant input delay as soon as any moderate-scale PvP encounter starts up.

I can fight one or two players just fine, but Ilum or a Warzone is just a slideshow much of the time.

That combined with the way the loot system works keeps me away from PvP. This is unfortunate because I enjoy PvP in this game when it works.

Warzones work great for me on this pc and I only have 16gb of ram with some average components and I run at 50 fps on all warzones. I haven't even done that whatachamacall it thing to get the speed higher I forget the name. This PC was made what three months before TOR came out.