Proposed Hybrid Watchman/Focus Sent Build

Bulbasaur

I leveled to 25 in focus, and after that switched to watchman until well past 50. I've resently respeced back into focus and there are some things I loved from both trees, so I decided to throw together a hybrid build of both.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#501bIrkMoMZZRMRrdbR0M.1

I have yet to test this build (just respeced back to Focus today so I want to master it a bit more) but I can easily see how this tree could end up being very very lethal with a combo of DoT stacking (OS and Cauterize) and building up Singularity for big Force Sweeps (Aided with close quarters)

What do you guys think? I'm definately gonna miss Force Exhaustion more than Merciless Slash (the only real downside I see in the tree)

Shii-Cho in regular combat, and hop over to Juyo when you build centering (or if your focus building movies are on CD, stay in Shii-Cho and enjoy the focus-less AOE slash)

Because the primary damage will be coming from advantages found in Shii-Cho form, its only wise to stay in that stance unless you want to utilize the stronger Juyo Zen

Question, are DoT ticks from Overload Saber and Cauterize "Force" attacks?

Overload saber, Yes. Cauterize, no. You can prove this by traiting combat and using Ataru. If you Cauterize someone and then hit satsis, you'll see yourself doing ataru attacks during Stasis. Ataru attacks only proc off melee attacks.

Overload saber, Yes. Cauterize, no. You can prove this by traiting combat and using Ataru. If you Cauterize someone and then hit satsis, you'll see yourself doing ataru attacks during Stasis. Ataru attacks only proc off melee attacks.

or you can test it by actually getting the +30% damage to force crits in the focus tree, and seeing cauterize totally DOES get the damage.

I play watchman exclusively. I am looking at this from purely a pvp standpoint.

The only reason I would be tempted to build a hybrid with the focus tree would be to grab Inner Focus to be able to roll Transcendence.

For those who do not understand that talent, it returns 10 centering to you for every player affected by your Transcendence. This allows you to keep it up constantly if you are playing as a team.

You are also able to grab Focused Pursuit from the watchman tree making your Transcendence even more powerful.

Here is the build:

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#501bIbRrorZZGr0rkM.1

You have two additional points to play with. They could go in defensive forms, or finishing out Pulse and grabbing Unwavering Focus. They could also go in Force Fade if you like running through fires in Hutball.

You would play this build mostly like a Watchman, in Juyo form. You keep Transcendence rolling and use Zen when you are going for a kill.

This build gives your group extreme mobility at the expense of your personal damage. It will help your healers and ranged kite and your melee stay on targets.

I personally would not play this spec because I roll with a tank and two healers in most of my WZs and I need to do as much damage as possible.

Just my two cents.

I play watchman exclusively. I am looking at this from purely a pvp standpoint.

The only reason I would be tempted to build a hybrid with the focus tree would be to grab Inner Focus to be able to roll Transcendence.

For those who do not understand that talent, it returns 10 centering to you for every player affected by your Transcendence. This allows you to keep it up constantly if you are playing as a team.

You are also able to grab Focused Pursuit from the watchman tree making your Transcendence even more powerful.

Here is the build:

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#501bIbRrorZZGr0rkM.1

You have two additional points to play with. They could go in defensive forms, or finishing out Pulse and grabbing Unwavering Focus. They could also go in Force Fade if you like running through fires in Hutball.

You would play this build mostly like a Watchman, in Juyo form. You keep Transcendence rolling and use Zen when you are going for a kill.

This build gives your group extreme mobility at the expense of your personal damage. It will help your healers and ranged kite and your melee stay on targets.

I personally would not play this spec because I roll with a tank and two healers in most of my WZs and I need to do as much damage as possible.

Just my two cents.

The major issue I see with that build is you're going to be really, really focus starved.

But for Huttball, 100% uptime on 80% in-combat run speed almost seems like cheating.

The major issue I see with that build is you're going to be really, really focus starved.

But for Huttball, 100% uptime on 80% in-combat run speed almost seems like cheating.

I agree.

I really like the Inner Focus talent, and have considered just going Focus. I hate giving up the self heals and the single target damage of watchman though.

I can't wait for them to fix Searing Saber.