Why the republic got the shaft....

smithwicks

Scoundrels look a hell of a lot cooler than my Operative-- and it's not just animations. Most of the gear you can get as an Operative seems designed for an intergalactic garbageman.

Grass is always greener on the other side :D, when I see a IA I always think they look really damn cool and wonder if I should hang up my smuggler (Gunslinger) and play an IA full time.

yeah the visual differences of the empire and the republic was kind of a pet peev for me in beta. I really prefer to be republic but the empire is more "cool" to me. Like I really prefer the looks of the Sith armor, 99% of the Jedi stuff looks garbage to me, especially the sentinel. I look at some of the Jedi gear and I swear I don't know wth they were thinking when they designed it. Like the level 50 guardian pvp set...I just shake my head every time I look at it, it has a backpack...a backpack, on a Jedi knight, 'nuff said...until you look at the helmet. Meanwhile, cross over to the Sith side and as a sentinel/Jugg you already look cool by level 15. Odd thing about the sith though, which is true even for Jedi actually; to me a lot of the green gear at those levels looks better than the blue/mod'able stuff which kind of confounds me.

Eh.

My BH looks like a fool, with a turban.

My IA looks like some kind of x-treme gamer with cyberglasses.

My inquisitor has on the most god-awful ugly robes known to man, with tenticles. It would look boss on my Magus from Warhammer but not in SW, just no.

Only my Sith Warrior looks truly BA.

Meanwhile, my Jedi looks...Jedi. My trooper looks ballin, my smuggler looks like the dude in the intro movie, incredible. And I refuse to play a sage because they wear rags and plates on their heads....

I'm not seeing it, seriously. I think the Imperial stuff actually looks too much derived from Galactic Empire / COMPNOR styling for me to take it seriously.

Eh.

My BH looks like a fool, with a turban.

My IA looks like some kind of x-treme gamer with cyberglasses.

My inquisitor has on the most god-awful ugly robes known to man, with tenticles. It would look boss on my Magus from Warhammer but not in SW, just no.

Only my Sith Warrior looks truly BA.

Meanwhile, my Jedi looks...Jedi. My trooper looks ballin, my smuggler looks like the dude in the intro movie, incredible. And I refuse to play a sage because they wear rags and plates on their heads....

I'm not seeing it, seriously. I think the Imperial stuff actually looks too much derived from Galactic Empire / COMPNOR styling for me to take it seriously.

To fully appreciate Inquisitor armor you need to hang out near schools.

To fully appreciate Inquisitor armor you need to hang out near schools.

Inquisitor's don't care about their armor at all, it's all about the LIGHTNING baby...unlimited powaahh, so there are legions on Sidious wannabees running around everywhere.

Hah. I pick a Trooper any time of the day. I love my Clone Trooper helmet and Columni orange Chest piece together. Perfect.

As for the effects - I don't like the Boutny Hunter ones... I prefer my Assault Cannon.

You are obviously saying your opinion, and I have a different one. Trooper for the win.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.