Slicers don't learn

Wren_Atticus

Wouldn't work. Still too easy to run multiple toons and create way too many creds without actually playing the game.

This game is the least grindy MMO I have ever played.

Posts like this are as dumb as they get. I have slicing, I have Underworld Trading, I have Bioanalysis.

I make 20x more selling UT mats than I do slicing.

I make 10x more selling Biochem mats than I do slicing.

Slicing pales in comparison to everything else in it's current state.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posts like this are as dumb as they get. I have slicing, I have Underworld Trading, I have Bioanalysis.

You clearly did not understand my point. Your activities do not flood the economy with credits.

A community with a nerf mentality that developers clearly listen to breaks a game and affects balance more and faster than leaving not clearly overpowered stuff in game.

Launch Slicing was OP.

Post 1.1 Slicing was not OP.

But at least now we know who the snitch *****es are. And we can ostracize them for shooting themselves in the foot.

You clearly did not understand my point. Your activities do not flood the economy with credits.

Flood the economy? Yeah, ok. Excuse me while I go do my dailies and make more money than I can ever make slicing. I'm guessing you aren't 50, or even close to 50. Money in this game is a complete joke.

At launch it was too strong. It was nerfed way too far. The slight buff it got, even if accidental, was needed. Now it's back to nerfed.

Bioware is full of morons who have no clue how to run or balance a game. It's very clear they listen to many of the forum cryers who have the mentalitiy of "their is better than mine - nerf it"

Most of you goons that play MMO's today would have **** your pants if you ever got far in original Everquest. I can just see all you idiots crying because you can't get back to your body.

Edited by Qilz

Launch Slicing was OP.

Post 1.1 Slicing was not OP.

That's some tasty truth!

I admit I milked slicing on my main at launch, and can attest to it being great at low levels. When it was nerfed, I stopped along with almost everyone else.

Now having a level 50 toon, I can see slicing was OP originally but would have done NOTHING at higher levels, say after 30.

Post 1.1, before the nerf, slicing was decent but still made no where near what I can make doing dailies or just killing mobs.

Slicing needs a buff big time because, as it stands, it remains the most useless gathering skill around.

Flood the economy? Yeah, ok. Excuse me while I go do my dailies and make more money than I can ever make slicing. I'm guessing you aren't 50, or even close to 50. Money in this game is a complete joke.

Wrong. One 50 and two alts in their 30's. Creds are joke, very easy to get playing the game so there is no reason for slicing to be what it was pre-nerf.

At launch it was too strong. It was nerfed way too far. The slight buff it got, even if accidental, was needed. Now it's back to nerfed.

Bioware is full of morons who have no clue how to run or balance a game. It's very clear they listen to many of the forum cryers who have the mentalitiy of "their is better than mine - nerf it"

Most of you goons that play MMO's today would have **** your pants if you ever got far in original Everquest. I can just see all you idiots crying because you can't get back to your body.

Played the original EQ and I think this game has too fast a leveling speed and a nonexistent death penalty that makes death early on something you could use for fast travel.

Careful with calling someone's post who doesn't agree with yours dumb... Yours I find quite idiotic as well. What would happen if everyone flocked to gathering skills like they flocked to slicing. What would/will happen to your profit when everybody and their brother realizes they can make a lot of money just selling mats on the GTN. See supply and demand. It's balanced.

I don't know how many times this has to be said but a 'print money' button that was the slicing missions is always a bad idea one that has to be closely monitored and regulated. If for no other reason is that it doesn't require player interaction one could farm credits while doing dailies, grinding mobs, running space missions, etc... It was broken, now it's balanced.

Oh and btw, I have played EQ me and many of my friends had lvl capped characters. I have a lvl 50 toon in this game. We think slicing is fine the way it currently is.

Careful with calling someone's post who doesn't agree with yours dumb... Yours I find quite idiotic as well. What would happen if everyone flocked to gathering skills like they flocked to slicing. What would/will happen to your profit when everybody and their brother realizes they can make a lot of money just selling mats on the GTN. See supply and demand. It's balanced.

Then you change to a different gathering skill that isn't overused. Sorry that is a hard concept for you to grasp. As long as people are crafting, any gathering profession will ALWAYS outweigh Slicing in it's current state.

If you think Slicing is fine at level 50 in this game, you are not 50 or you are just lying for the sake of an argument. The amount of money being "printed" by this game is astounding. Dailies alone can finance multiple alts and all their crafts.

Did slicing as it originally started needed nerfed? - Yes

However, in its current state, you may as well make it a skill that everyone gets for free to pick up money boxes in the world and an extra "fun" skill. There is no use for this skill whatsoever in its current state.

Wrong. One 50 and two alts in their 30's. Creds are joke, very easy to get playing the game so there is no reason for slicing to be what it was pre-nerf.

I agree with this. It was way to much. Now it is next to useless. If this skill was supposed to be a skill that is used by noncrafters to make some money, it should not yield negative results.

If you failed when you pressed the "make item whatever" button, fine, but you do not. Slicing is a CRAFT, not a GATHERING skill as defined by Bioware. Therefore, it should never fail.

Played the original EQ and I think this game has too fast a leveling speed and a nonexistent death penalty that makes death early on something you could use for fast travel.

I also agree with this. Way too fast, and way to easy. Death means nothing in this game.

If you failed when you pressed the "make item whatever" button, fine, but you do not. Slicing is a CRAFT, not a GATHERING skill as defined by Bioware. Therefore, it should never fail.

All gathering missions have a chance at failure. Part of the risk.

I have a level 30 shadow with 400 slicing. Running missions all night(about 8 missions of half hour apiece) I LOST around 1500 creds. Gathering lockboxes as I quested I gained about 2k creds. So, that’s a 2k profit if I don’t do missions and only a 500 profit if I do.

I have a level 22 smuggler with about 75 underworld trading. Selling metals I made over 30k last night.

Somehow, this “flooding the market” theory in regards to slicing doesn’t seem to hold water

Come on - if you limit the level of missions a crafter can run then you are limiting the items they can craft.

Slicing, as it has been stated numerous times.... is a GATHERING PROFESSION. Not a crafting profession. BioWare even says this (http://www.swtor.com/info/systems/crew-skills).

And I said limit to simultaneous missions like I cannot send 5 companions out doing slicing missions.

Quit grasping at straws.

I have a level 30 shadow with 400 slicing. Running missions all night(about 8 missions of half hour apiece) I LOST around 1500 creds. Gathering lockboxes as I quested I gained about 2k creds. So, that’s a 2k profit if I don’t do missions and only a 500 profit if I do.

I have a level 22 smuggler with about 75 underworld trading. Selling metals I made over 30k last night.

Somehow, this “flooding the market” theory in regards to slicing doesn’t seem to hold water

Again, your UT missions DO NOT add any credits to the economy. They actually take credits out if you sold them on the GTN.

Do you get the difference between that and slciing?

As it stands right now, slicing is crap when compared to other gathering professions. The only way to actually profit is by running around looking for lockboxes to open, because running slicing missions always result in negative earnings.

So, now I got to ditch 400 in slicing and start over with underworld trading?

Yeah thanx a lot BW...

Actually the whole crew skill system is pointless since you get better stuff from running a couple of FP's. At any given FP around your level, the rewarded (orange) items have BLUE mods that are above your level, which is not something you can add to your orange items yourself, let alone them being the green versions before you RE a dozen or two.. USELESS!

Slicing, as it has been stated numerous times.... is a GATHERING PROFESSION. Not a crafting profession. BioWare even says this (http://www.swtor.com/info/systems/crew-skills).

And I said limit to simultaneous missions like I cannot send 5 companions out doing slicing missions.

Quit grasping at straws.

Not grasping at anything, your solutions were not solutions. They would have generated just as many complaints as the current set-up with slicing.

Again, your UT missions DO NOT add any credits to the economy. They actually take credits out if you sold them on the GTN.

No, they don't remove credits. Repair costs, skill purchases, vendor purchases, storage additions, fuel costs to travel between places and such REMOVE credits from the game. GTN just moves them between people taking a very small amount if the transaction is successful.

GTN is not a credit sink.

All gathering missions have a chance at failure. Part of the risk.

Read it again. Slicing is considered a Craft. Go make an alt, take slicing and try to take any other craft.

You call it gathering, the game calls it a craft.

So I guess that 2k that might be added to the economy in one night, less than you make in one daily, is gamebreaking huh? I see very few people clamoring for the way it was at launch. People just want it to be worth having. Currently, I feel like a sucker for levelling it up to 400 only to find I make more money selling greys I get while questing, which coincidentally is money created out of thin air too since those greys didn't exist until the mob I killed dropped them.

As it stands right now, slicing is crap when compared to other gathering professions. The only way to actually profit is by running around looking for lockboxes to open, because running slicing missions always result in negative earnings.

So, now I got to ditch 400 in slicing and start over with underworld trading?

Yeah thanx a lot BW...

Actually the whole crew skill system is pointless since you get better stuff from running a couple of FP's. At any given FP around your level, the rewarded (orange) items have BLUE mods that are above your level, which is not something you can add to your orange items yourself, let alone them being the green versions before you RE a dozen or two.. USELESS!

What I have underlined has been proven wrong hundreds of times. But I agree you can make more creds by gathering other resources and selling them.

In my opinion, it should be that way. Inflation is already bad enough.

The boost they should give slicing is to drop more 300/340 purple missions. This does two things, earn slicers more money and creates more of the high priced resources which should result in their prices going down.

No, they don't remove credits. Repair costs, skill purchases, vendor purchases, storage additions, fuel costs to travel between places and such REMOVE credits from the game. GTN just moves them between people taking a very small amount if the transaction is successful.

GTN is not a credit sink.

There is a fee to sell. Try to spin it how ever you want but that removes credits from the economy.