The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Bioware...why am I no longer a battlemaster?

ZaneKaiser

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

So I just got an email from Bioware stating I was caught using an "exploit". Um...the valor thing was a bug on your behalf, I was just playing the game like you told me to. They then told me they will take action to reverse the effect of the exploit?!

So I log in and I see my valor rank go from Battlemaster down to Gladiator

I'm sorry but why are you punishing me for something that was your fault?

Ah the tears - delicious!

If you didn't give it back you could expect a house call from the Police or the Bank... see atm's all have cameras and yes that would still be considered theft..

Not a good a good example to help your case.

I dont have a case. I wasn't even part of the whole exploiting thing on Ilum. I hate Ilum with a passion. It's a corked up idea of forced world PvP.

Just pointing out people who yell "Yeah yeah, serves you right huzzahh! pewpew justice!" are a bunch of hypocrits because they were on the wrong side of things. In this case, Republic whimps.

Edited by Fixiooo

Retail store loses a bunch of money giving away products to people with a stack of coupons because no limitations were stated on the coupon.

True ... but those people you see on those shows are less than 1% of consumers and you know what they are ruining coupons for the rest of us. Stores are now not accepting coupons they used to and putting self imposed limits on the number of coupons they will accept.

So just like in the gaming world that small percentage of people that take advantage of (exploit) a loop hole end up hurting the masses...

See a similarity there? ;)

Edited by Skaol-dirtyd

So I just got an email from Bioware stating I was caught using an "exploit". Um...the valor thing was a bug on your behalf, I was just playing the game like you told me to. They then told me they will take action to reverse the effect of the exploit?!

"I was sold a gun and shot someone, why should I be punished because I was sold a gun and wasn't told to not shoot people soon enough?"

Edited by Falkelord

I dont have a case. I wasn't even part of the whole exploiting thing on Ilum. I hate Ilum with a passion. It's a corked up idea of forced world PvP.

Just pointing out people who yell "Yeah yeah, serves you right huzzahh! pewpew justice!" are a bunch of hypocrits because they were on the wrong side of things. In this case, Republic whimps.

Actually, I play Sith. I could have exploited, but I didn't.

Because I'm not a moron.

They'd only be hypocrites if they were to use an exploit to gain an advantage, get caught and then complain about it. If on the other hand they were to just accept their punishment then there'd be nothing hypocritical about pointing out that it serves people right to get punished.

Personally I might have used the exploit if I was in the position to do so or I might have not, but if I had and I'd been caught then i'd expect to get punished for it and wouldn't complain about it being 'unfair' or someone else's fault.

Dont take this the wrong way, but id like to see a screenshot as proof before I believe this. It could be a fan boi, it could be a Dev, it could be a sith trying to make everyone think everything is going to be ok.

HAHAHA.

God, don't ban this guy, he's the most hilarious thing I've read all week!

I grind my way to up to Battlemaster the ugly way. I drop from WZ's mostly against 10s and 20's. I play on a server where Imps outnumber us 15 to 1 or more. But because there were 12 of us, and 97 of you, *we* are the wimps?

Got a 50 Imp side too. After I couldn't -- literally -- get up off the ground for 20 minutes straight, I logged onto to that toon and -- instead of being a git and dashing off to Ilum to hammer outnumbered people being slaughtered like pigs -- I ran some new players through BT nice and slow so they could enjoy the awesome and helped a guy with his class story.

Just because you are a baddie scrub who needs 86 other people to kill one of me doesn't mean I'm going to lower myself to your level.

If you use a mechanic in game that is unintended (regardless how it got there), they can do anything they want to you, up to and including bansticking you. Read your ToS.

You knew you were taking advantage of a bug, so get over yourself.

Call it karma for your lack of honor.