Nerf grav/tracer omg!

JediDuckling

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully they do the latter. I am personally growing tired of the nerf every class except mine threads.

Yes, it is getting very tiresome. I play many classes and just try to have fun, so it's offensive to be told I'm somehow morally or intellectually challenged because of one in particular I decided to try out. It's also never fun to get used to having good skills with a class then face being cut short and feeling like you're moving backward instead of the steady progress you expect in an MMO, just because some people can't figure out how to counter them in certain PvP contexts. I want all classes to be powerful and satisfactory; I don't want to see any of them nerfed.

Simple fix to Grav/Tracer damage... Remove the 4% debuff and just make it a static debuff on the target that does nothing except letting BH/Trooper use the other abilities that use the debuff.

Since it's the 4% armor debuff that brings the real pain since it stacks 5 times that's 20% in total. Now lets compare Tracer/Grav rounds to the Sniper/Gunslinger versions that reduce armor by 20% for 1m... The debuff is comparable takes a bit longer for BH/Trooper but the damage sure as hell ain't comparable.

So easy fix, either reduce damage by 5-10% to make up for the armor debuff increasing damage OR change the armor debuff to just be a debuff without any effect.

I'm a tankasin with full champion survivors and I take 2-6k Crits from Grav/Tracer (Depends on how many stacks I got) Also to those who say "Just interrupt" well sure will you also provide me with a 4s cooldown interrupt? Cause mine is on a 12s cooldown which allowes them 8 seconds of Grav/Tracers.

Anyway that's my opinion, it's a central part of the Arsenal for Bounty hunters n whatever for Troopers so if anything just reduce damage to make up for the dmg increase from the armor debuff or change the armor debuff.

Edited by Elshagan

I'm a tankasin with full champion survivors and I take 2-6k Crits from Grav/Tracer (Depends on how many stacks I got) Also to those who say "Just interrupt" well sure will you also provide me with a 4s cooldown interrupt? Cause mine is on a 12s cooldown which allowes them 8 seconds of Grav/Tracers.

Anyway that's my opinion, it's a central part of the Arsenal for Bounty hunters n whatever for Troopers so if anything just reduce damage to make up for the dmg increase from the armor debuff or change the armor debuff.

Yeah, hi. A 20% reduction in armor cannot result in a 4k difference in crit damage taken. The debuff is probably around a 15-20% increase in damage taken, not a 200% increase in damage taken. When people crit you that hard, it's from stacking adrenals/trinkets/red buff, not from the armor reduction.

Yeah, hi. A 20% reduction in armor cannot result in a 4k difference in crit damage taken. The debuff is probably around a 15-20% increase in damage taken, not a 200% increase in damage taken. When people crit you that hard, it's from stacking adrenals/trinkets/red buff, not from the armor reduction.

35% armor penetration base, in addition to 20% reduction in armor adds up to 55% armor penetration...

NO CLASS can do that now for longer than 6 seconds...

Let's also throw in 90% armor penetration on rail shot...

yah.. it's just adrenals/trinkets/red buff -_-

Oh and on the subject of interrupting, Interrupts are on a 12 second cooldown, you interrupt one missile and 4 seconds later they have another one already cooking -_-

freaking nerf grav round and tracer missiles jesus christ all they do is spam them and its 1 button wonder. its a joke thats not funny anymore nerf them they need to be nerfed badly.

either greatly reduce them in damage give them a 1 minute cooldown or make the ability cost alot to use and i mean alot.

i know this will get trolled by troopers and bountyhunters that want to keep there 1 button spam wonder abilitys but tracer missiles and grav round need a dam nerf period.

Lol maybe if you have played the class with commando you have to get 5 charges of vortex than you finish that off with a demo round. Afterwards you HAVE to continue grav round the do high impact bolt than you continue to your other skills etc.

35% armor penetration base, in addition to 20% reduction in armor adds up to 55% armor penetration...

NO CLASS can do that now for longer than 6 seconds...

Let's also throw in 90% armor penetration on rail shot...

yah.. it's just adrenals/trinkets/red buff -_-

Oh and on the subject of interrupting, Interrupts are on a 12 second cooldown, you interrupt one missile and 4 seconds later they have another one already cooking -_-

Holy misinformation Batman!

35% armor penetration + 20% armor reduction is not 55% armor penetration, it's 48%.

90% armor penetration on rail shot? I thought we were talking about Commando/Mercenary not Powertech/Vanguard.

If you interrupt one, it'll be 5.5 seconds before they hit you with another one, they literally have no other spammable skills that they could use in that time frame. If you interrupt the first one, they can't hit you with High Impact Bolt/Railshot, Heatseaker/Demo Round hit for less than Grav/Tracer, they can't cast Unload/Full Auto because if you're hitting them they lose 33% of the damage.

It is an l2p problem here.

The problem is more when you have 2-3 spamming that move on you. I can kill a spammer 1v1 no problem. But when You get those few that constantly target the same person and spam it there isn't much you can do to stop it.

You could say the same thing about 2 of any class on you. Or even 2 different classes on you.

You could say the same thing about 2 of any class on you. Or even 2 different classes on you.

True, but you can't interrupt like that. And if facing 2 of any other class, they would lose by only using 1 move on you where as Mercs/Commando's probably won't.

One thing in general I have noticed is that all 3 classes people call a nerf for, (sorc, merc, and Operative which already go theirs) is the fact that every single one of them have self heals that are good in a DPS spec. Those are huge in PVP, even small ones can make a big difference.

True, but you can't interrupt like that. And if facing 2 of any other class, they would lose by only using 1 move on you where as Mercs/Commando's probably won't.

A Merc/Commando that is attacking you using only 1 skill will be killing you a lot slower than one who does the proper rotation. The stories about tracer/grav being a 1 button I-win are laughable and show a lack of understanding about how the spec works.

If you are facing 2 tracer/grav spammers then you should be able to take one down easily before the other finishes you off (unless you are a healer of course). Totally different story if you are facing 2 of another class.

srsly. interrupt, force choke, invis, interrupt, and finish off with a nice 90% accuracy debuff. at this point they are dead due to my dots ticking on them the entire time. Oh and if they push me, i invis then, walk back up to them and repeat. Cripes they're ez.

If you interrupt one, it'll be 5.5 seconds before they hit you with another one, they literally have no other spammable skills that they could use in that time frame.

All Mercs (maybe PT also) have Power Shot. Its 90% the same as Tracer. Same casting time and cooldown, IE spammable. It doesn't benefit from the Tracer perks but it actually does more damage.

PvP BHs should have this mapped as well, but most Arsenal Mercs never used it past level 17 so they have long forgotten about it.

If you are facing 2 tracer/grav spammers then you should be able to take one down easily before the other finishes you off.

I dont think any DPS class in a 1 vs 2 can kill one of the enemies before they die. They would have to be the worst DPS if they couldn't outdamage you in 2 on 1. Especially since you'll be stunned twice and most likely dead from that alone.

Edited by DarthBloodloss

I dont think any DPS class in a 1 vs 2 can kill one of the enemies before they die. They would have to be the worst DPS if they couldn't outdamage you in 2 on 1. Especially since you'll be stunned twice and most likely dead from that alone.

If we were talking about decent Mercs/Comms then yes, I agree. But in this case we were talking about tracer/grav spammers who only use 1 skill, so no interrupts and sub-optimal DPS. Given that any good player will be interrupting one of the Merc/Comms then the only real damage is coming from the 2nd Merc/Comm.

Im going to join the fray here.

Tracer missile needs to change.

It makes me sad sometimes when I see BHs get interrupted and just stand there not knowing what to do.

It shows even more how badly designed the skill is. That some people has actually gotten to lvl50 and to rank 60 with 1 skill and 1 skill only. thats just.. ***...