People doing this should be banned on sight

Vandarix

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You know why you were called that, and you know calling for someones job because you aren't happy with a videogame is wrong.

Don't sit there and play the victim card when you were 100% in the wrong and you just got caught. I am glad BW responded to me flagging that thread.

To the OP I really hope they fix that man because doesn't seem like fun on either side.

This mere video game represents not only real-world gain to the developer in question, but others' paychecks will disappear if this game fails. It's very hasty to call for anyone's job as we will never know who actually called what shot. However, to pretend that hundreds of millions weren't spent on this trivial video game and real people's livelihood could potentially be on the line is so obtuse it doesn't abide the telling.

Not really seeing the issue.

Ilum isn't fun, at all. If you manage to get more people than the other side (if you don't play on a horribly imbalanced server) the fights are still horribly laggy, with random loading screens mixed in.

Open world pvp doesn't work on this scale with the game engine at all for most people. Don't get me started on the ability delay.

Requiring 30 kills/armaments for the daily is a bit much as well, most people get theirs and bail. It just isn't fun.

Please explain to me how breaking someone's property, stealing their things, and using it as your own against their will is the same as working together towards a common goal due to how incredibly difficult it is to get anything done?

Because in both cases you're doing something you're not supposed to do! And if you do such things it's you to blame, not anyone / anything else.

Because in both cases you're doing something you're not supposed to do! And if you do such things it's you to blame, not anyone / anything else.

It doesn't actually say we're not supposed allowed to trade kills, though.

If it does, by all means, point it out to me, like I'm sure you will anyways.

If you can't, my point about it being Bioware's terrible game design still stands.

Can you read my post fully? I actually offer ways that the problem can be fixed.

You know why you were called that, and you know calling for someones job because you aren't happy with a videogame is wrong.

Don't sit there and play the victim card when you were 100% in the wrong and you just got caught. I am glad BW responded to me flagging that thread.

To the OP I really hope they fix that man because doesn't seem like fun on either side.

Wouldn't want anyone held accountable for mistakes or anything. That's wrong. Fanboys will be fanboys.

It doesn't actually say we're not supposed allowed to trade kills, though.

If it does, by all means, point it out to me, like I'm sure you will anyways.

If you can't, my point about it being Bioware's terrible game design still stands.

Can you read my post fully? I actually offer ways that the problem can be fixed.

/facepalm

I was going to write something about PvP = player versus player and why patch something that was supposed to stop the bannable turret trade if you made it ok to killtrade, but I can't be arsed.

Fix the horrible framerates in major pvp battles along with random loading screens.

Fix ability delay on abilities.

Make Ilum worth fighting for.

That might get people interested in the area past dailies. Already stated why the area doesn't work for most people. I wouldn't care if it was a lot like Wintergrasp, anything's better than what Ilum is right now.

Until then you shouldn't blame people for not wanting to go through this horrible system to get dailies done (valor farming is a different issue entirely at this point).

/facepalm

I was going to write something about PvP = player versus player and why patch something that was supposed to stop the bannable turret trade if you made it ok to killtrade, but I can't be arsed.

You're right. Why would they patch something to stop the turret trading (Was it bannable? I didn't hear anyone getting banned) when it directly opens up another way of trading?

You people are missing the bigger picture. If Bioware wasn't so incompetent on how to make a PvP system work this wouldn't be a problem in the first place. You can try to blame the players all you want- they're the ones giving Bioware their money. It's up to Bioware to run the game.

Careful what you say around here. I expressed that view quite openly earlier and I was called pathetic, scum, and told that I was a sad person. I got warned because apparently calling for someone who messed up to be fired is bad, but insulting another player for it outright in the forums is legit.

These forums are like any schoolyard quadrangle, say something billy doesn't like an he runs to teacher. I had a youngster threaten to kill me last year before beta came out, an when I gave him my address an told him to come on round, I got a temp ban for it.

Edited by BegaTasty

You're right. Why would they patch something to stop the turret trading (Was it bannable? I didn't hear anyone getting banned) when it directly opens up another way of trading?

You people are missing the bigger picture. If Bioware wasn't so incompetent on how to make a PvP system work this wouldn't be a problem in the first place. You can try to blame the players all you want- they're the ones giving Bioware their money. It's up to Bioware to run the game.

So it isn't your fault you exploited an camped people where you KNEW you were not meant to be, its someone els fault?

Its in almost every MMO that has open world pvp with rewards.. In War, DAOC, and Aion people were severely punished for it in Aion there was a lot of QQ over people receiving perma Bans for it.. TOR should be no different.

Punish them and make an example.

Nice video, for a first try I guess. Tips for next time:

* Add more music. The ingame sound gets boring too quickly.

* Edit out the waiting. The waiting before each battle could be edited out. The movie could become 1/3 the size, but more fun for viewers!

* Opponents. Try to fight better opponents and maybe in smaller fights. It isn't that impressive to watch your group of 30 imperials killing ~15 republicans. Try to make 1v1 fights etc ^^

just my 5c!

So it isn't your fault you exploited an camped people where you KNEW you were not meant to be, its someone els fault?

I never go to Illum. Ever. I'm a rep and I don't feel like all the headache. I'm just running Warzones getting destroyed by the Imps and not really caring. Only 6 days until I stop playing this game for 8-14 months.

Now, let's say hypothetically, I was indeed exploiting Illum. To answer your question... No. It is not my fault. If I was going into the code, editing some stuff, or downright hacking, it would be my fault, but if all I'm doing is doing something Bioware specifically put into the game, whether they intended for me to do it or not, it isn't my fault. Human nature will make people take the easy route, especially when the alternative is so, so much more difficult. Also, there's the fact that a lot of people won't be resubbing because, to be quite frank, PvP in this game is a broken mess.

It's Bioware's fault for all the little things that caused it to get to this point. Illum would honestly be a lot more fun if they just got rid of all that fluff that turns the planet into a chore and made it a free zone to kill people. Since the 50's have their own bracket now they could move the dalies and valor rewards to the Warzones instead.

Sure, it could be (And has been) said that people are exploiting it and it's against the rules, but it's like sitting your brand new, unopened, limited edition Ipad 2 on a bench while you run across the street to Starbucks. If it gets stolen, sure, the guy who took it is definitelyin the wrong, but he's not a bad dude. He might not even have any ill intentions. It's your fault for leaving your Ipad on the bench, you moron (not directed at you in particular).