The "GET QYZEN A MODDABLE TECHBLADE" thread

Phydra

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with this completely!

ever since i hit level 10 and Qyzen became my companion i have been using him none-stop and even now im lvl 50 i still use him and he is my best geared and highest damaging companion! the only problem with him is the weapon! cant find a single replacement for him and it pains me to know that he will not be able to the damage he should be doing!

I agree with OP, but at the same time- the lack of orange tech blades has made a market for crafted techblades on my server. I'm not the crafter, but at least I can get 1 to stay up to level. As for aim hilts, how hard would it be to add them to artifice?

Who cares if they would drop anywhere at all, a huge number of consulars are probably artifice crafters. I feel like Qyzen has some changes coming- like maybe a few more appearance mods, or something.

Troopers also have two companions in this boat - Yuun (techstaff) and Tanno Vik (techblade).

I suspect that the reason why they did it this way was to give Armstech a profitable niche. Considering that the profession is very weak at 50 (no Rakata weapons or any raid drops), I think they deserve to have something to sell. It's not like they can sell barrels, because the Ilum ones are better.

Also, since Cybertech can't make tanking mods/armorings, moddable techblades would simply mean more business for the commendation vendors.

Since we can't bring Qyzen to raids, I think the blue/purple techblades are fine for just soloing. It's a small price to pay if you went with Biochem like everyone else.

Troopers also have two companions in this boat - Yuun (techstaff) and Tanno Vik (techblade).

I suspect that the reason why they did it this way was to give Armstech a profitable niche. Considering that the profession is very weak at 50 (no Rakata weapons or any raid drops), I think they deserve to have something to sell. It's not like they can sell barrels, because the Ilum ones are better.

Also, since Cybertech can't make tanking mods/armorings, moddable techblades would simply mean more business for the commendation vendors.

Since we can't bring Qyzen to raids, I think the blue/purple techblades are fine for just soloing. It's a small price to pay if you went with Biochem like everyone else.

totally agree.. it really feels like all this whining about moddable techblades reeks of wanting to boycott the concept of a profitable product existing on the market.

totally agree.. it really feels like all this whining about moddable techblades reeks of wanting to boycott the concept of a profitable product existing on the market.

Point of order - this person's perspective is based solely on the fact that all companions excepting those that are aim based (apparently) have access to moddable weaponry.

The judgement as to intention (i.e., whining) is irrelevant here.

If nothing else, it would be quite helpful to have some manner of official statement on what the intention is and, of course, if the restriction of aim-base companions is, in fact, intentional or an oversight.

In lieu of such commentary, it is far more reasonable to assume an oversight than a deliberate economic intention, particularly given that said intention does not seem to exist in relation to any other companions in the game. (Waves to Occam and his razor.)

You share the pain of most as all get a companion that can only use a techblade. Some are just not that good or important to the class to get mention.

On my scoundrel as well as my sage I want to be able to get my companion an easily upgradeable weapon, and my trouper would also if it were not a tank.

There really should be an option other than a blue level item you can get at level 50 or a crafted item (of which neither you can mod).

Simply wanting an Aim hilt is useless as it wouldn't be usable by any other characters.

The only other solution would be to change barrel to a universal hilt for guns and melee weapons but then the whole system will lack diversity.

If you're finding he's underpowered then do something yourself. Buy the artifact techstaffs that people make and contribute to the economy. He has 6 other slots that can be modified in armour so if you want a better tank then give him higher endurance ones, if you want better damage invest in high aim mods for him.

This same principle applies to other companions.

I don't a cral about him at all, or an orange weapon for him, as long as he retains the massive delay he has to do anything.

He has got to be the most worthless companion in the game.

1. No mod wep.

2. Massive delay

I hate him so much, but I hate the moron devs more who thought his incredibly terrible Ai was fracken acceptible.

I heartily agree. Having to go five levels at a time just to get the guy a new green techblade is agonizing. Aim hilts would not be difficult to implement as the art assets are already in place. Heck, I'd even be down with making them only available from drops/vendors rather than being craftable. Just make it possible somehow.

I'd be perfectly happy using strength hilts for him if necessary! When your only guaranteed source of upgrades is a green once per planet, it pretty much guarantees that Qyzen will be relegated to running missions for the rest of his life. Kind of a sad fate for such an ambitious hunter.

[EDIT:] Adding moddable techblades and techstaves without adding Aim hilts would be one potential compromise. Armstechs would still supply the best available item, but those of us who don't have ready access to an Armstech could still keep Qyzen moderately up to date.

Edited by xaoshaen

Though i do understand why your all signing , this will destroy armstech as a crew skill uterley , tech blades are the only niche they have

Nah, there are several ways to avoid eviscerating armstech. The most obvious is to make the aim hilts crafted by armstech. The other is, as suggested earlier, to refrain from adding aim hilts at all, keeping crafted tech weapons as the premier option while still providing a more accessible option to players.

One thing to keep in mind: if your crew skill is only viable because it supplies weapons to a mere handful of companions, it may have bigger problems. I suspect that vibroknives and scatterguns may prove to be more important to the skill, but hey, maybe companion weapons really are your niche...

Nah, there are several ways to avoid eviscerating armstech. The most obvious is to make the aim hilts crafted by armstech. The other is, as suggested earlier, to refrain from adding aim hilts at all, keeping crafted tech weapons as the premier option while still providing a more accessible option to players.

One thing to keep in mind: if your crew skill is only viable because it supplies weapons to a mere handful of companions, it may have bigger problems. I suspect that vibroknives and scatterguns may prove to be more important to the skill, but hey, maybe companion weapons really are your niche...[/quote/]

shotguns and vibroknifes are both broken as far as reverse engineering purples are concerned .

and your right all crafting proffesions have problems because daily rewards are better than we can craft . it sad because everyone has the ability to craft in this game but some are to lazy and wanted spoon fed there 25 daily tokens a day , crafting should should be preparing you for raids not dailies

The shotgun for theran is also another weapon without proper choices anywhere. The laughable thing is that armstech gets a schematic for it at 400 skill which is the same 3 bop item crafting requirement as the other orange weapons they can craft.... but it's a crappy blue unmodable weapon.

My main is a Smuggler, and has a companion (Bowdaar, the Wookie) that is a melee-tank that uses STR as his primary stat. He's pretty much a Jedi Knight, just with no Force powers.

It's an easy fix to Qyzen: make his primary stat STR, and then change him so he doesn't actually show armor that's equipped on him. That's how Bowdaar is currently handled, and it works fine. He has a Jedi robe equipped, but you can't see it because his model doesn't actually show it - the options to change his look are just done through the customization vendors.

I think this would be a better idea anyway. Instead of just seeing a walking dinosaur with trooper armor, you'll be able to see a Trandoshan with his native garb. It'll look more natural, in my opinion.

I haven't done the level 50 daily heroic 4 on Belsavis, an Emp friend of mine said he got a choice of moddable weapon for all of his companions. If I'm getting it wrong is there something similar to what I'm describing on Belsavis?

For much the same reason as described on like 4-6'ish there aren't hilts with AIM, so I think Qyzen and Tanno are just screwed over again. I did get a Purple techblade from an Armstech person. Not the best one for tanking but doable.

Nonetheless I agree with the OP

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.