I failed all of you.

Vaedean

First Off. I alpha tested and beta tested the game for nearly 2 years. I am part of a small population who has failed both parties. We didn't do our job making sure Bioware got all the info they needed. A lot of us just played because we enjoyed the game and ignored feedback requests. We were willing to ignore bugs because we recognized that it was just a testing phase. For that I am truly sorry.

Second I can't blame Bioware or even EA for their lack of support during it's launch. If you truly read through all the primary complaints about the game and feedback requests you will start to realize just how much of their attention is spent trying to make the game a solid experience before they lose too many subscribers. As a community that cares about the success of this game we should be giving them a break (yes a F2P period while they fix a lot of major bugs would be nice, but there are some of us who are still enjoying the game regardless).

And third-- Actually I don't want to count points anymore. I played WoW for years and was a casual raider. I grew to despise WoW because of raid drama and relying on others for progression. Because SWTOR requires the same thing I began to hate it too. I hate the holy trinity (Tank, Healer, DPS or Tank, Healer, CC for the vets) because it means if I want to play a damage dealer I am stuck in a low priority queue for group progression activities, and if I play a healer or a tank I get the progression but half the enjoyment. I could write a list of things I hate but that's my problem... I never stopped to lay out things I liked-- And then coupled that with things that are expected to come to SW:TOR in the future. Also some of these things are different than WoW.

*I Like the space combat (while limiting) it's a fun distraction and a good way for earning extra coin and XP.

*I like exploring and killing mindless numbers of mobs for no reason other than because I enjoy it... Eventually I find myself running across rare drops and an extra bag of coin as a result.

*Even though PvP is horribly incomplete and has almost come to a stand still in illium since the arrival of v1.1 I still enjoy the epic bag rewards for completeing dailies and turning in comms (Yes they take way too long to earn but it's a nice little prize at the end of a long journey). I would like to see gear rewards for players who perform extremely well in WZs or a seperate set of tokens that can be used to buy fancy toys.

*I find the orange gear option a nice way of further customizing my character as I progress through the game. It may feel off now but it's application and possibilities could really be a big thing in the near future.

*I enjoy some of the story line cutscenes, they may feel like sugar coating at times but other times it's a real treat.

It's Biowares responsibility to make this game what we wanted it to be. But it's our responsibility to tell them what that is. Shame on the beta testers (myself especially) for not giving good feedback... Shame on EA for their Greed and time constraints causing an early release. And shame on all of us for ************ or hating on each other instead of giving Bioware what they are dying for. Solid Info.

You can go back to WoW or whatever MMO that you have been grinding through for years but I'm asking that you give the game a few months and become a part of making something great. Lay off on customer support and try to only give feedback on the forums that is helpful and less hateful. Now I now I am asking for world peace here but sooner or later you kids are going to realize that we are all hear because we share a common interest and we should get along because of that fact... Instead of appearing functionally retarded.

For those who are having a hard time with the game let me throw this at you, I hated the game and I learned that in order to enjoy this meal it's best eaten slow. Try to savor the nice little things while giving Bioware a chance to work on the massive amounts of big things.

Once again I am sorry I failed you as an alpha/beta tester.

Edited by Vaedean
Title bothered some folks.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For a beta tester you forgot when the actually stated they didn't need our feedback only the data from playing. It was pretty evident during the Beta's that they did not listen to the feedback.

I made a large feedback request including the need for a sprint ability that would only function outside of combat. Next round of phase testing came around and there it was. I don't know if it was because of my feedback or if others suggested it but we got it :) Granted it was pushed to level 14 instead of 15 right before launch. :D

Nice of you to change the title of your post. Now try changing the subject matter because this has nothing to do with us beta testers. We were there to essentially be the load and stress test for them. Any feedback we provided I'm sure was stacked in a nice little pile with the other complaints we've had since day one.

It's an MMO. Playing with others is sorta implied... Don't want to play with others? There are plenty of single-player games out there. Have at it.

I wasn't looking for a change. Just shared my own preferences. I appreciate your input and do apologize if that came across as a straight up gripe about the game itself.

My friend , you did not fail ... after 1.1 i see that the devs alone can do a worst job than a bunch of kids.

But fear not , there is no other good MMO other than WoW (which i wont go back) , to play right now , so until anything release, i will stay around, ofc , i changed , im not a fan boy anymore , now i joined the troll team.

Nice of you to change the title of your post. Now try changing the subject matter because this has nothing to do with us beta testers. We were there to essentially be the load and stress test for them. Any feedback we provided I'm sure was stacked in a nice little pile with the other complaints we've had since day one.

You joined Dec 2011. Some of us joined in 2008 or 2009. Back then our feedback counted a bit more. Did not mean to upset you but your input is appreciated.

Edited by Vaedean

Its Biowares fault. They refuse to listen. They refuse to fix bugs. They are even closing down threads in the PTR forums about bugs that are on the ptr unless it has to do with something in the patch notes.

While this isn't as obvious as the fanboy threads blaming testors and completely absolving Bioware of any wrong doing its still close..

Edited by Rhazesx

For a beta tester you forgot when the actually stated they didn't need our feedback only the data from playing. It was pretty evident during the Beta's that they did not listen to the feedback.

Was the context of that in regards to a stress test? If so, they were right. They don't need feedback for stress testing things.

Didn't FF14 go F2P for awhile while they fixed gamebreaking badness?

Aye. you have to pay now. But they are releasing the game next winter. They fired the old designers and brought on the majority of the team from FFXI.

LOL, seriously. Get over yourself a little OP. You weren't the lead designer.

I'm sure there are flaws. And I'm not surprised with well over 1 million folks playing it that some aren't 100% happy. Everyone has an opinion, few people have solutions, even fewer have solutions that work.

Bottom line though, this is the most engaging game I've played in years. And it's going to get better.

Edited by Notannos
troll quote

LOL, seriously. Get over yourself a little OP. You weren't the lead designer.

I'm sure there are flaws. And I'm not surprised with well over 1 million folks playing it that some aren't 100% happy. Everyone has an opinion, few people have solutions, even fewer have solutions that work.

Bottom line though, this is the most engaging game I've played in years. And it's going to get better.

I'm sorry if I came across as a self absorbed individual. It's good to see that you are enjoying the game though :) thanks for your input.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.