using anyone but Khem?

Alexcinq

I leveled mostly as a madness/lightning hybrid spec and used Andronikos from the moment you get him, all the way up to 50 and had zero issues.

Same here. Used him from the moment I got him and used him until 50. On elites start out by putting static on both of you then send Andronikos in before you do any damage. Then throw in a few dps of your own then sit back and static/heal Andronkikos for the remainder of the fight. You will have to use whirlwind a lot with this method (to control the adds), but its easy sauce.

The best part of Ashara is the DPS. I gear her before me, and it is out of control how much damage she does. I was leveling with her as Corruption, but I never really needed to heal so I switched to madness/lightning and tore through the mobs. Just shielded both of us before the pull and half the time stuff was dead without CC before both our shields were gone. Very fun.

The best part of Ashara is the DPS. I gear her before me, and it is out of control how much damage she does. I was leveling with her as Corruption, but I never really needed to heal so I switched to madness/lightning and tore through the mobs. Just shielded both of us before the pull and half the time stuff was dead without CC before both our shields were gone. Very fun.

Pretty much this. I also find melee elites much easier to kill with Ashara than Khem since I can just kite them while she beats the hell out of them. Force slow FTW.

I'm Corruption specced and I use Ashara the Hottie.

In most fights I just shield up my hottie and myself (takes 1.5 sec) and then go in with lightning blazing. Fighting strongs I tend to use Resurgence and Innervate once, but really I just keep an eye on health bars and if Ashara goes below 25% I heal her up, Resurgence + Innervate and she's at 75% and then another shield on her. In total I probably spend 5 seconds each strong fight healing, the rest I'm blasting.

In bigger fights with more enemies I tend to Whirlwind the boss/strong and destroy the rest, so I can focus on the strongest fight at last.

As for time to Seethe, then it happens only after fights against elites or powerful strongs.

The Corruption Sorcerer with Resurgence, Force Bending, Innervate and Force Surge is a battery, rarely with a need to spend any time recovering health or force.

Khem is dead weight IMHO. Other than holding threat, he's no good. His DPS is pathetic and his health/mitigation is abysmal.

I run Corruption and that's all a tank needs to do; hold threat.

I used to run with Andronikos until I got Force Storm and then I switched back to Khem. I just run him into mobs and I just stand back and storm them to death. Sometimes, my bubble doesn't even break and they're all dead.

I think a heal/tank combo is unbeatable and I can take on champions myself, with some patience of course.

I think a heal/tank combo is unbeatable and I can take on champions myself, with some patience of course.

In my humble opinion, if you run Khem + Yourself combo, a heal + tank is all you are getting. If you run Adronikos (or slightly worse case Ashara) + Yourself you are running a heal + tank + dps combo because you can tank much better than any of your companions.

Why? Because you have 0 delay on getting out of aoe damage abilities, but more importantly, you can kite and LOS mobs all day long, which is far harder with a pet tank. I have soloed many heroic 4s on the way to 50 with Adron by CC-splitting pulls, kiting extensively, and using terrain features to my advantage (e.g. dancing around crates, ledges, etc). Adron, by the virtue of being ranged dps, made it possible. I tried doing the same with tank pets and no way. I could not keep up with the damage on them.

Pretty much just switching between Khem & Andronikos since I really enjoy having them around [convos/one-liner's etc], plus since I've geared them up decently [for lvl 36 atleast] they rock the block with dps & tank-capabilities ;) since I got my security key + it's just nice watching Khem with his armour-customization kit :D

Btw, is there any customizations available for Andronikos later on?..

Leveling wise the best companions are Ashara and Andronikos.

It's just all depends on your spec. Andronikos for a dps sorc is just too good to pass up. The ranged synergy is fantastic and I find him killing stuff before me at times.

As corruption/healer Ashara is actually better since she keeps the mobs off of you and has some nice dps.

I play dps and actually want to use Ashara however I have them both fully geared and she doesn't have a chance against Andronikos. I'm currently level 35.

Edited by Crazysithslayer

Leveling wise the best companions are Ashara and Andronikos.

It's just all depends on your spec. Andronikos for a dps sorc is just too good to pass up. The ranged synergy is fantastic and I find him killing stuff before me at times.

As corruption/healer Ashara is actually better since she keeps the mobs off of you and has some nice dps.

I play dps and actually want to use Ashara however I have them both fully geared and she doesn't have a chance against Andronikos. I'm currently level 35.

Then ur doing something very wrong if your Ashara dps isn't all that and a bag of chips fo sure maybe her skills are off or under geared lol. The big difference between Ashara and Andi is ranged vs melee I love her leaping to mobs and using a reverse double saber finisher way more style lol.

Edited by LordbishopX

Then ur doing something very wrong if your Ashara dps isn't all that and a bag of chips fo sure maybe her skills are off or under geared lol. The big difference between Ashara and Andi is ranged vs melee I love her leaping to mobs and using a reverse double saber finisher way more style lol.

Ashara has 1 less dps skill (she has freeze instead).

In my humble opinion, if you run Khem + Yourself combo, a heal + tank is all you are getting. If you run Adronikos (or slightly worse case Ashara) + Yourself you are running a heal + tank + dps combo because you can tank much better than any of your companions.

Why? Because you have 0 delay on getting out of aoe damage abilities, but more importantly, you can kite and LOS mobs all day long, which is far harder with a pet tank. I have soloed many heroic 4s on the way to 50 with Adron by CC-splitting pulls, kiting extensively, and using terrain features to my advantage (e.g. dancing around crates, ledges, etc). Adron, by the virtue of being ranged dps, made it possible. I tried doing the same with tank pets and no way. I could not keep up with the damage on them.

You make us sound like frost mages, but we have to slow (or at least use the talented affliction) everyone individually (for corruption; don't know about other specs) and more often than not, mobs can shoot you. Plus kiting can be a bit of a pain if you don't have a lot of room to run around, and you run the risk of running into respawns.

It's so much easier just to let your pet tank and use force storm to take out as many as you can. I agree that Ashara can be a good alternative as long as you're prepared to pull aggro. But when I'm just pure lazy, I just use Khem.

That's why I went Corrupt/Madness hybrid. I let aggro bounce between me and Ashara and we could very easily shred any target put in front of us. I beat the final story line boss at 48 with not a problem in the world with Ashara by my side.

I actually leveled together with a guild member since level 30 and our setup was like this:

Sith Sorcerer Healing

-> Khem Val Tank

Sith Sorcerer DPS

-> Ashara Zavros DPS

Worked pretty well and we were able to do some Heroic 4+ till about lvl 45.