Dual Spec - It's a must! (NOT ACs)

Enigma

no it isn't, a dual spec is for different specs.

PURELY a hypothetical, however lets say there are 2 bosses, one requires the dps to be mobile while one allows the dps to be stationary. You could have 2 different specs for both bosses, one that gives higher mobile dps and one that gives higher stationary dps.

So our DPS classes need more DPS options in the trees. I can go with that.

Edited by Uben

• Replies 907
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So we have come to the conclusion that some are for dual specs. If there are dual specs we will have to change DPS. Give those classes that are ONLY DPS more options to make the dual spec as beneficial as the other classes that would inherently have the option of two different roles.

Right?

bioware doesnt i made my own choice and they are adding in dual spec so how your logic fails?

You made a choice and now advocate they put in dual-spec so you can change on the fly. At the same time you want others to be held to their choices. There is a word for this.

You made a choice and now advocate they put in dual-spec so you can change on the fly. At the same time you want others to be held to their choices. There is a word for this.

so i made the choice to level a Merc BH and you made the choice to level a PURE DPS but all the sudden want to heal or tank? why you didnt pick something else? dual spec all the sudden make you want to play something else? how come you dont want to tank or heal now?

It would have to be before, right? Otherwise the other classes would be OP because of the utility with the dual spec. :(

No. You don't have any utility now. You rolled a class that isn't brought into group for its buffs. You knew this when you rolled the class. Anything the devs might decide to do to give the pure DPS classes a feeling of fairness is just that - a gift. You're all for people living with their choices, yet if duel specs were to go ahead you want to be able to do something your class was never capable of.

overpowered?

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL dont know how dual spec makes people overpowered but ok.

Could he get a group because he was a Healer OR DPS, as opposed to me being DPS- instead of DPS+ spec that the group needs?

So we have come to the conclusion that some are for dual specs. If there are dual specs we will have to change DPS. Give those classes that are ONLY DPS more options to make the dual spec as beneficial as the other classes that would inherently have the option of two different roles.

Right?

You have 3 dps trees. One could argue that you bring more to the raid than hybrids, while if a tank doesn't leave i am restricted to 2 dps specs while you can still change between 3 and be useful. In fact, using that logic, you get more use out of dual specs because you have 3 trees you can constantly change between and be useful, while i only have 2 useful trees with a 3rd tree that is situational.

Could he get a group because he was a Healer OR DPS, as opposed to me being DPS- instead of DPS+ spec that the group needs?

If i am dual spec healer i am probably gonna be invited as a healer. Most likely i will never be invited to a group over another individual because i have the ability to change to a healer if the current healer decides to drop 1/2 thru the instance, that never happened in wow and will probably never happen in this game.

Edited by nabrass

so i made the choice to level a Merc BH and you made the choice to level a PURE DPS but all the sudden want to heal or tank? why you didnt pick something else? dual spec all the sudden make you want to play something else? how come you dont want to tank or heal now?

Why should some classes get utility and others none? What is your argument that some DPS roles should be forever locked into DPS while others should be allowed to tank or heal?

No. You don't have any utility now. You rolled a class that isn't brought into group for its buffs. You knew this when you rolled the class. Anything the devs might decide to do to give the pure DPS classes a feeling of fairness is just that - a gift. You're all for people living with their choices, yet if duel specs were to go ahead you want to be able to do something your class was never capable of.

I would want to make use of the dual spec option as equally as the rest, yes.

so having group problems is because of dual spec? i can get into a group right now as a healer or dps without dual spec again what is your point? im OP now? another reason why this game need LFD and if you are in a guild as a DPS they will take in the raid as a DPS.

so having group problems is because of dual spec? i can get into a group right now as a healer or dps without dual spec again what is your point? im OP now? another reason why this game need LFD and if you are in a guild as a DPS they will take in the raid as a DPS.

Why do you want dual spec again then?

(it is not on topic, but you have to admit we would have all taken this well placed opportunity)

Edited by Uben

I would want to make use of the dual spec option as equally as the rest, yes.

Well congrats! If duel spec is ever implemented then your wish will come true. You will be able to have a duel spec that lets you rearrange your skill points within your chosen AC - just like the rest of us.

to save money? you know because i pvp and pve? and respec cost? and it has no cap? why do you not want it since i prove this problem can still exist without dual spec?

THAT cannot be your reasoning. Read what you typed. Then, go wash yer hands. It goes heavily against most of your prior argument and you should be ashamed for acting so willy-nilly in a good debate...:(

Edited by Uben

THAT cannot be your reasoning. Read what you typed. Then, go wash yer hands. It goes heavily against most of your prior argument and you should be ashamed for beeing so willy-nilly in a good debate...:(

that fact you still argue with against something that can exist without it is rather funny.

Well congrats! If duel spec is ever implemented then your wish will come true. You will be able to have a duel spec that lets you rearrange your skill points within your chosen AC - just like the rest of us.

It does not seem the AC's were meant for dual specs. So it should be all up for grabs at that point. A rework of at least one line in the pure DPS classes to take full advantage of such a change.

It does not seem the AC's were meant for dual specs. So it should be all up for grabs at that point. A rework of at least one line in the pure DPS classes to take full advantage of such a change.

it does not seem to you but to the developers it does as already stated they are working on it

WoW dual spec didnt SEEM to work with their talent trees since most builds was 1 cookie cutter but guess what? people still welcomed the feature in open arms

so why do you not want the feature? if you have main DPS spot in your guild why are you worried about ANYTHING?

Edited by genmyke