Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Dual Spec - It's a must! (NOT ACs)

Enigma

• Replies 907
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I told you how it would be easier.

Lets not add that if you had duel spec you would have an advantage over someone who didnt have duel spec.

Now here comes the well he can have duel spec no one is stopping him from having it right. well no one is stopping you from rolling an alt to do another spec either. But no that would involve you playing the game more instead of just clicking a button and being a healer or a dps or a tank.

Fanboiz response to players saying there is no end game.

Level an alt and all is well

Fanboiz response to being told to level an alt to have 2 specs

I want to play my main and not level an alt.

So its ok when there is no engame content for many players that they have to roll an alt but when you have to roll an alt then there is a problem. Makes perfect sense.

so what advantage do i have over who doesnt have dual spec please i want to hear this

if i am in combat i cant change specs or if the dual spec is like anything in WoW it will drain all my resources to 0 (energy heat force) and it can be a 10 sec cast

now please where is this advantage?

right there isnt one.

So explain how dual speccing between 2 ac's hurts you then? I play a sniper so I'm pigeon holed into only doing dps since you think dual spec should only be within the same ac. Tell me how is it hurting you to let dual spec cross ac?

There is zero reason for those for dual-spec to be against Advanced Class changes, at least from a logic stand point.

I know, it's soooo differen that your "dual spec should be in the game because you do want it!"

:eek:

This dude's a troll. No matter how thoughtful or stacked with compelling arguments your post is he's just going to respond with something idiotic to get you to waste more of your time in argument. Good thing is that his opinion is meaningless. He's not the one you have to convince if you want dual-spec.

I know, it's soooo differen that your "dual spec shouldn't be in the game because you don't want it!"

:eek:

So now that we agree that both sides boil down to their own personal wants, are we done?

Edited by Surakis

This dude's a troll. No matter how thoughtful or stacked with compelling arguments your post is he's just going to respond with something idiotic to get you to waste more of your time in argument. Good thing is that his opinion is meaningless. He's not the one you have to convince if you want dual-spec.

Funny because I used the same tactic as Surakis.

So now that we agree that both sides boil down to their own personal wants, are we done?

Yes, execpt the "wants" of the pro duel spec argument is backed by precedence and sound logic and the no duel spec argument is based on personal preference.

if you dont care about dual spec why are you even in this thread?

You didn't answer my question.

I'll answer yours. I'd rather not see it added. So I post in threads countering the silly/false reasons those who do want it throw out.

Now, will you answer mine?

If dual-spec offers no advantage, why are you advocating for it?

Edited by Surakis

It's not an argument.

Wow that's your counter argument...

It's simple you can't counter the fact that you need 1 tank in a flashpoint and 1 in oparative.

So someone need to respec if he wants to raid or switch to his alt. The other problem that ratio can change between two bosses. What are you going to do? Let your tank, dps or healer to respec another time and pay another 100k credits? Switch to another character again? What about the dps who doesn't have to pay or change to meet that ratio. What about the enrage timer so small that if you have 2 tank in a 8 man you won't be able to do it (it's even worst in nightmare)

Edited by Guzul

You didn't answer my question.

I'll answer yours. I'd rather not see it added. So I post in threads countering the silly/false reasons those who do want it throw out.

Now, will you answer mine?

so YOU dont want it? and you have no reason why either.

so in other words you are in here just to argue just for the sake of it.

what is false about people wanting this feature? oh right you cant come up with a answer about it.

like many have said dual spec is a "want"

people not knowing their class can happen with or without dual spec....... i know people that went to school to repair computers and i know people that havent seen a text book for college a day in their life know more than them.

just because you leveled and put time into your character doesnt mean anything

people learn things faster than others it is human nature.

No its not. Its natural for people who have done things longer to be better at what they have done rather than someone who has never done something before being better. Yes there could be the rare exception but it is not the norm.

As for your example. That is a perfect example except for not having rather than having.

The person that went to school had all the tools to do the job (has all the skill points and the spells) the person that never went to school has all the hands on training and has done them before thats why he is better.

Dont tell me the ones that never when to college(dont know what that has to do with comp repair but whatever) has never worked with computers before and is still better at it.

When you take your car to get repaired are you going to goto a mechanic that has been doing it for 20 years or are you going to take it to the computer repair tech or 40 years that just opened a car repair shop yesterday.

Wow that's your counter argument...

It's simple you can't counter the fact that you need 1 tank in a flashpoint and 1 in oparative.

So someone need to respec if he wants to raid or switch to his alt. The other problem that ratio can change between two bosses. What are you going to do? Let your tank, dps or healer to respec another time and pay another 100k credits? Switch to another character again? What about the dps who doesn't have to pay or change to meet that ratio. What about the enrage timer so small that if you have 2 tank in a 8 man you won't be able to do it (it's even worst in nightmare)

That tanks are a part of a group doesn't translate into dual-specs are needed.

If dual-spec offers no advantage, why are you advocating for it?

You're right. It does offer an advantage. Against the "pure" classes. Snipers/Marauders come to mind.

Buff pure DPS damage and then I'll more than willingly accept the ridiculous utility boost the other classes will get.

so YOU dont want it? and you have no reason why either.

so in other words you are in here just to argue just for the sake of it.

what is false about people wanting this feature? oh right you cant come up with a answer about it.

like many have said dual spec is a "want"

Are you just reading the posts that say its a good idea?

People have told you why its a bad idea, I guess your not looking and only want to see what you want.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.