Consequences for Farming Valor

Ellod

I think the message they are sending is clear here: If we find an exploit in the game and tell everyone about it and get enough people to do it then nothing will happen.

I don't understand how they can ban people for taken advantage of the unlimited commendation in the mail exploit but can't figure out a way to reverse this exploit.

What exploit? Killing player's isn't an exploit. Getting 200 Valor per kill isn't an exploit. 100v30 isn't an exploit.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The Devs specifically said that "either empire or republic were camping bases and exploiting the situation." Also, in the latest Dev Tracker, they specifically said that illum was not working as it was intended. An exploit is taking advantage and abusing a circumstance in the game that is not working as intended.

It's common sense to know that camping the enemy in at their own PvP area to the point where they cannot do anything else for unlimited valor is an exploit.

Edited by DimeStax

The Devs specifically said that "either empire or republic were camping bases and exploiting the situation." Also, in the latest Dev Tracker, they specifically said that illum was not working as it was intended. An exploit is taking advantage and abusing a circumstance in the game that is not working as intended.

Exploiting faction imbalance is cause for a rollback? lololololol

Exploiting faction imbalance is cause for a rollback? lololololol

Exploiting a system that is not working as intended is call for a rollback. Latest Dev Track also says that Empire was never supposed to be able to enter Republic Base and camp them there.

Exploiting a system that is not working as intended is call for a rollback. Latest Dev Track also says that Empire was never supposed to be able to enter Republic Base and camp them there.

Ok, so they would have camped them a little further out, and retarded players would have kept running back either way. Still not a cause for a rollback rofl.

"The Valor gains players can see over time will vary greatly depending on the activity level in the zone. This is expected. "

That's from the Dev Tracker. AKA, Valor gains are as designed.

Edited by TetraCleric

Here's my question ... before 1.1, was it possible to camp the respawn area?

Yes it was. But as it was said there was no incentive because Ilum was really all about daily/weeklies. However, had people been interested in PvP, the same exact thing would have happened. There were always huge valor gains in Ilum, it was just 10 per kill, rather than 20. There was just no incentive to PvP before, whereas now, there is because of the way Dailies work.

I'm sorry but if they had have half a brain the spawn campers knew exactly what they were doing while they were camping that spawn.

Maybe not at first, but after it goes on for a few minutes they knew it was not working as intended and it then became harassment/exploit.

The people that were spawn camping knew they were exploiting a broken mechanic... ITS COMMON SENSE.

It was so rediculous, there is no way BW would put a mechanic in a game that would allow something like this - they would have to be smoking crack to do this on purpose and everyone knew it.

Roll back thier valor or ban them, it is the only fair solution.

A 5 year old would know this is not acceptable behavior and it was an exploit.

Ok, so they would have camped them a little further out, and retarded players would have kept running back either way. Still not a cause for a rollback rofl.

"The Valor gains players can see over time will vary greatly depending on the activity level in the zone. This is expected. "

That's from the Dev Tracker. AKA, Valor gains are as designed.

The point is they were camped ON THIER SPAWN. As soon as they spawned they were dead WITH NO WHERE ELSE TO SPAWN. Most people would have left after being camped if they could. THERE WAS NO ESCAPE.

Have you ever been in a WZ where one side is camping another, MOST PEOPLE LEAVE.

Nope, going where the repubs were to use the system BW implimented is not exploiting in any sense. If you believe their PR line, that the base was an insta-kill zone and "server load" caused it to bug, then you are a blind sheep.

You could always enter the opponents base and the turret is there for a reason.

I believe this statement was made because the turrets could have killed a group of 5 people. However there was a hundred people so even though the turrets were killing people a decent amount the shear number of people made them ineffective. Why else would they put hard hitting turrets there?

PvP is very gear dependent and after that exploit hell no do we stay!

Are you serious? Lets, see in full champion gear, with both relics, you can have 650 expertise. You probably wont use both relics, so more around 602. In full BM with both relics you have 703 expertise.

WHERE IS THE BIG INCREASE THAT SEPARATES PLAYERS BASED ON GEAR?

Are you serious? Lets, see in full champion gear, with both relics, you can have 650 expertise. You probably wont use both relics, so more around 602. In full BM with both relics you have 703 expertise.

WHERE IS THE BIG INCREASE THAT SEPARATES PLAYERS BASED ON GEAR?

Its not only expertise gained. L2Read stats.

The point is they were camped ON THIER SPAWN. As soon as they spawned they were dead WITH NO WHERE ELSE TO SPAWN. Most people would have left after being camped if they could. THERE WAS NO ESCAPE.

Have you ever been in a WZ where one side is camping another, MOST PEOPLE LEAVE.

Spawn camping is now an exploit? You should get banned for that? So of I camp people in Warzones, I should get banned? If I camp a med droid anywhere else in the game world, I should get banned?

Nobody is forcing you to stay logged in. You could have queued for Warzones to get out. You didn't have to rez either.

Its not only expertise gained. L2Read stats.

lrn2math. The other stat gains are extremely marginal because of DR. If you can't kill someone in BM gear it's a skill issue, not a gear issue.

Here is the 5 piece armor differences between champion and BM for Force-Mystics for Sorcerers.

Champ ---------- Battlemaster

End - 454 ---------- End - 468

Will -399 ---------- Will - 431

Exp - 230 ---------- Exp - 250

Pow - 88 ---------- Pow - 114

Alac - 144 ---------- Alac - 250

Crit 106 ---------- Crit - 170

Surge - 96

omg such huge game breaking difference

Edited by TetraCleric

I killed Republic at their steps for about 30 mins yesterday.

I made 1K valor a minute (at least) left because I won't support a broken system where one side has a major valor/gear advantage in a PvP based game. Not that I can blame anyone for staying and taking advantage of Bioware's awful open world PvP system...blame Bioware.

I unsubbed before 1.1 anyway, I knew faction imbalance would cause this.

I won't EVER resub because Bioware has stated that all Empire who "camped" you Republic players yesterday were "exploiting"...

Killing players in a PvP zone, while Bioware released a broken patch has turned all Empire players who were on IIlum yesterday into exploiters.

FYI: We just wanted to see the same new content as everyone else. Most people AREN'T going to check the forums and it is the DEVELOPERS job to ensure content works, not the players.

Edited by mrjoemama

Spawn camping is now an exploit? You should get banned for that? So of I camp people in Warzones, I should get banned? If I camp a med droid anywhere else in the game world, I should get banned?

Nobody is forcing you to stay logged in. You could have queued for Warzones to get out. You didn't have to rez either.

Most people did not know about the WZ queue. People can leave a wz if getting camped. People could not leave the spawn, they would have had to log out. Yeah, that working as intended.

A few people spend a lot of time to grind their Valor in Ilum yesterday.

Nobody told them that they should not do it and now you want to punish them?

"A lot of time."

So they spent the last 3-4 weeks 5-6 hrs a night like all the other BMs? No they got their rank in mere hours.

Dont try to say they spent their time.... that bs

You could have queued for Warzones to get out.

True, but once the WZ ends, you were ported right back to the same spot, so tbh there was no "getting out".

I don't think anyone should be banned for BW's terribe update, but I do think LA shld perhaps do a rollback on some of the Developers paychecks tbh.

True, but once the WZ ends, you were ported right back to the same spot, so tbh there was no "getting out".

I don't think anyone should be banned for BW's terribe update, but I do think LA shld perhaps do a rollback on some of the Developers paychecks tbh.

You could afk out of the warzone and be sent to the fleet, fyi.

The damage is already done.

The gear gap between factions will be outrageous while Repub is forced to grind WZ's for weeks to catch up.

Makes me wonder how they could have missed something like this...... does Bioware even test it's content before they release it? Like really.... epic fail.

Edited by KonduitX