Quick read on EA (SWTOR / Bioware concerned.)

Bodypull

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

People are so full of themselves.

Yes, EA's stock is going down. Because there was a recession. Brilliant.

And your numbers are so made up its silly, it is completely normal for an MMO to have a drop in subs after launch.

SWTOR will be fine, but not sure about folks like the OP, they are a bit obsessed with games.

No, people like you conduct layman's economics. The recession alone did not trigger EA to cut an abnormal amount of jobs, drop in stock value, and essentially eviscerate all of its gaming projects. No, that was poor design and management.

Everyone who knows anything has sold their EA stock now, including some EA execs as the OP mentions, and they are laughing all the way to the bank.

Sorry it your job as the person making the argument that swtor is failing to present the evidence that back up your claim. Telling people to do their own research just says to me that you haven't done your research past the looking at the share prices,

I did the research, and provide my references. Sorry you didn't bother to fact check your post or follow the links.

No, people like you conduct layman's economics. The recession alone did not trigger EA to cut an abnormal amount of jobs, drop in stock value, and essentially eviscerate all of its gaming projects. No, that was poor design and management.

Everyone who knows anything has sold their EA stock now, including some EA execs as the OP mentions, and they are laughing all the way to the bank.

Exactly

Thanks for being informed, reasonable and showing intelligence :-)

So, whats your take on Vivendi, owner of ActiBlizzard which is trading at half their stock price from 2007 and who's stock has been pretty much flat for a year?

ActiBlizzard remains dormant until xpac releases or a new game/CoD. It's in great shape compared to EA.

And your numbers are so made up its silly, it is completely normal for an MMO to have a drop in subs after launch.

SWTOR will be fine, but not sure about folks like the OP, they are a bit obsessed with games.

My numbers are all backed my listed sources which I posted at the bottom of my post.

your post is full of inaccuracy, is semi-slanderous and not based on fact at all.

Recession isn't the issue. They just aren't as successful as their competitors. EAs revenue is basically at where it was 4 years ago, while Activision/Blizz has grown revenue each year over that timeframe. ATVI has been profitable in 3 of the last four years, while EA didn't show a profit at all in the four years. That's why the stock is where it is.

My numbers are all backed my listed sources which I posted at the bottom of my post.

your post is full of inaccuracy, is semi-slanderous and not based on fact at all.

Can one slander someone who anonymously claims to work for Goldman Sachs?

A snapshot of page 1 forums (minus stickies.)

This is not the tale-tale signs of a healthy and successful MMO.

"Founder" feature Reaks of Weakness, Greed, and is just plain Lame ( 1 2)

Normally i just let them talk....

Game virtually unplayable now, can't even tell when my cooldowns are on properly. ( 1 2

Why do so many play Empire? ( 1 2 3 ... Last Page)

Quick read on EA (SWTOR / Bioware concerned.) ( 1 2 3 ... Last Page)

Think ability delay doesn't matter? Think again. ( 1 2 3)

James Bond PTFOing!

Things this patch did well ( 1 2 3 ... Last Page)

Does EA and Bioware Support SOPA? ( 1 2)

POLL : Lifetime Subscription ?

Become a Founding Member! ( 1 2 3 ... Last Page)

People leaving for WOW? O.o ( 1 2 3 ... Last Page)

Please add a freeze subscribtion feature

Why did Bioware disable forum posting? ( 1 2)

Appearance Customization -- Still Badly Needed ( 1 2)

Unpublished Patch Notes 1.1 - What they wont tell you. ( 1 2 3)

Flickering/random loading screen still ingame

Not enough people ( 1 2 3 ... Last Page)

Tbh! EVERYONE that un-subs should post on the forums! ( 1 2 3 ... Last Page)

No new content! Fix current bugs first! ( 1 2 3 ... Last Page)

Wow Forums, same thing, people ************ about something or "why im quitting" posts.

I dont really understand people like you, why do you feel the need to attack any one who does "like" the game as if it is some sort of sin. To them, to me, it means nothing about your "facts" btw random research or investment groups pulling numbers out of their asses are not facts but whatever.

Does the game have bugs, etc. Yep. Do other games that have been around for years still have bugs, yep.

But back on point, I still am not sure what sort of enjoyment level you get out of attacking the people who do enjoy the game, who do want to play the game, and will stick around to see improvements on the game. What does any of that have to do with you. How does it affect you personally in any way? If you have such issues with such game, or apparent company then just quietly go away. Dont bring the doom and gloom messages everywhere.

And hey, even if you are correct about this, or the game does go down and is a failure. Some people will STILL like it. Are they wrong for that?

Thanks, quite informative, I'd been thinking about the numbers and how many boxes they'd need to sell and how long each of those boxes would have to subscribe to make this game profitable and it seems like a hell of a lot.

And a 5 year global recession doesn't have anything to do with this at all.

Gotta love their double-standards. When asked about Activision Blizzard's similar scenario, they just shrug it off as..."it ain't so bad."

Now that's fanboyism.

And a 5 year global recession doesn't have anything to do with this at all.

It has an effect, but not to the degree other industries are effected. gaming pools (finite models) have grown since 2007.

This is one decline you can't pin on a recession.

Any economics major or MBA could probably tell you that.

In other news.... TRION WORLDS announced $100 million in revenue in 2011 for RIFT.... AND that they raised another $85 million in equity financing, as well... to go with $100 million total from the previous 2 years.

http://www.bizjournals.com/sanfrancisco/news/2012/01/19/trion-raises-85m-for-online-gaming.html?ana=yfcpc

Don't know the details on those deals... but obviously some are very bullish on that company's future.

Gotta love their double-standards. When asked about Activision Blizzard's similar scenario, they just shrug it off as..."it ain't so bad."

Now that's fanboyism.

Look at my post that details the numbers. ATVIs are much better than EAs over the same time period.

And a 5 year global recession doesn't have anything to do with falling share prices at all.

You can't arbitrarily tie a recession to a stock price or market analysts would have no way of discerning which company is doing relatively well right now and which company is not.

EA is NOT doing well right now, and the metrics of that go fundamentally beyond the recession. The sooner you understand this the better.

He posted same thing before that as well.

The 2 man watchdog group ...

SWTOR is Soooo awesome that they are ... umm analyzing forums and not playing the game.

Point me :-)

thanks for proving my point .. game fails and you spend more time on forums than in game.

The 2 man watchdog group ...

SWTOR is Soooo awesome that they are ... umm analyzing forums and not playing the game.

Point me :-)

thanks for proving my point .. game fails and you spend more time on forums than in game.

Because people who love the game never find time to post on the forums, or write reviews.....right. :rolleyes: Such a lame tactic.

In other news.... TRION WORLDS announced $100 million in revenue in 2011 for RIFT.... AND that they raised another $85 million in equity financing, as well... to go with $100 million total from the previous 2 years.

http://www.bizjournals.com/sanfrancisco/news/2012/01/19/trion-raises-85m-for-online-gaming.html?ana=yfcpc

Don't know the details on those deals... but obviously some are very bullish on that company's future.

They raised money, they didnt make money on Rift.

You can't arbitrarily tie a recession to a stock price or market analysts would have no way of discerning which company is doing relatively well right now and which company is not.

EA is NOT doing well right now, and the metrics of that go fundamentally beyond the recession. The sooner you understand this the better.

^ This

I could make an entire post on the forecast models, projections and graph this all out if I was ..... not busy playing League of legends and reading about Monk Pandas lol!