Will you keep playing?

crazysam

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm subbed for another 3 months.

As long as they don't forget that there are people like me who don't PVP or group up & can continue to enjoy this game as a single-player experience, I'll stick around.

I don't care about the "multiplayer" aspect of MMO, I'm just enjoying the story & persistent world.

Thankfully, my kind is in the minority.

No, I enjoyed it while it lasted, but I will not pay for this. I cancelled WoW when they crapped all over Warlords and now the same thing is happening in this game. Seeing lvl 50's walk around in half green quest reward gear and wearing the Battlemaster title makes me sick.

Yes. Don't have any characters at 50 yet, and the leveling process is certainly better than any MMO before it. I just hope by the time I hit 50 with a couple characters they have Ilum straightened out and some other non-WoW forms of end-game in play.

Yup Sure will.. Every mmorpg I've played (EQ, EQ2, AoC, SWG, Linage 2, CoH, WAR, Rift, WoW, EVE) has had this type of rage quit uproar before. People just tend to forget that little tidbit. Things happen... bugs happen... and today's complaint is most likely going to be obsolete in 7-30 days anyway.

I will continue to play and plan to do so for another 5 years (which is when you'll find MMOs tend to really go downhill)

I have a brain. I use this brain to think for myself and form reasonable, coherent thoughts. These thoughts tell me that BioWare is new to MMOs, SWTOR is still new and that this game will have bugs. My brain also tells me that this game was prematurely released due to massive demand and will require some maturation time

Some lack the ability to form coherent, reasonable thoughts however and will ragequit. This is fine by me as it end sup being a sort of MMO-player natural selection

I have brain too. I didn't spoke about BUGs I spoke about downtimes what are planed during the day and is not reason for it. Bugs are not reason for downtime during the day. If i pay someone the highest price for MMO he can stay at work during night/morning and working on downtime. (We have european servers, americans servers, so it can't be a problem.)

Why Blizzard can manage downtimes during night? I am brainless? No i am not!

No, I enjoyed it while it lasted, but I will not pay for this. I cancelled WoW when they crapped all over Warlords and now the same thing is happening in this game. Seeing lvl 50's walk around in half green quest reward gear and wearing the Battlemaster title makes me sick.

I don't see a problem, honestly.

I am patiently waiting for improvements. They won't come any faster if I whine on the forums about them.

I used to work in the sphere of gaming (corporate support for Xbox), I've seen what appear to be small issues take months to fix because the issue isn't as small as it seems.

So when it comes to bug fixes, I'm very patient, as I've seen the other side of it.

What will improve though is all the people who've already cancelled won't be on the forums anymore, so I won't have to read their trash.

And for Crom's sake, it's RIDICULOUS! RI! RI! RI! Not Re.

It's not pronounced "Re-dick-u-luss"

It's "rid-dick-u-luss"

RI!

Like Riddick from Pitch Black.

Huh. For 40+ years, that's the only pronunciation I've ever heard. Spelled with "ri", but pronounced with an "re". Don't think so? How do you pronounce "Indiana" then?

Sub up today - after thinking about it for like ... 10s I realized that I'm not having fun. DESPITE my serios star wars fanboi-ness ... I'd be a fool to keep playing a Rift clone.

I played Rift for 2-3 months; it was my first exposure to the whole "once at 50, then start hard modes" and had other concepts like "expertise" in pvp. Spent about a month at 50 in that game before I realized cutting myself seemed more appealing .. and dropped it like the short-bus baby it was.

But HEY! At least they had a complete game on their hands. Customizable UI, decent graphics (although to me they were still too WoW-like, who cares though I didn't play that game), and a lot of concepts that had been improved upon from previous games.

Doesn't change that it was a theme park for 10yo's - game dev's holding your hand at every step of the way. Ridiculous.

This game sucks. It has [read: had] great potential, but w/ the stupendously-slow-minded running the show from behind-the-scenes as they are (and the fact that game devs even NEED to be so involved in all this crap-fixing) is EMBARRASSING. I just lawl when I reread that Anon Bioware dev who got let go last year or the year before who called this MMO out to be a gigantic flop - 20gigs for the game and most of it is VO work .. LOL.

The texture(s) thing, the animation delay, the [lack of decent] PvP, no events, 4-man groups (lol?), companions, SPMORPG-status (DragonAge was both more fun, and more polished), "expertise", repetitive dailies and hard modes and nightmare modes, ZERO reason to craft end-game (few end-game schematics, 2 crystals to find (magenta and white? w/ no white yet found? lol dumb), mods/armorings limited to FUGLY armors class-wide, Ilum (in general - so bad.), and the linearity of it all.

Y'all really messed up. I mean REALLY messed up. But who cares, you'll always have your fanboi brigade to back you up -- all of the rest of us are gone to GW2, TERA, Archeage, or Diablo 3 the MOMENT they come out. It is so freaking obvious that any of those games will stomp this one .. it's just a gd SHAME because we all <3 <3 <3 the Star Wars IP and you've gone and f'd it all up. UGH!

TL;DR - i grew a pair and unsubbed because of all the reasons you already know - despite my lifetime love of SW, too much is wrong and not enough right.

If they get serious about this game, I'll come back and give it another shot, for sure. Amazing potential ... but what a flop to start off. Game shouldn't even be released yet.

/flameonfanbois

What "textures thing"?, Never noticed it enough to care, Never cared about PVP, Meh, Agree that 4 is low, but if companions weren't counted as 1 of the 4 it'd be a LOT better., What about them?, I LIKE soloing but not the being forced to group for Heroic mission(no, I CAN'T solo them, ...., I'm not, and never have been, a min/maxer), Never had a problem with different modes because I usually don't bother with them, I don't much like the crafting anyway because it just seems like something to throw credits at, Fugly is in the eye of the beholder(remembering most of the elite armors in Guild Wars, that I could never see why people liked them), Storyline = linear.

Sorry you didn't get the game style you wanted.