Will you keep playing?

crazysam

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, of course...

I remember worse stuff happening on other MMOs at launch, for example on WoW, 6 months and servers wouldn't stay up for a long time, or we would disconnect randomnly all the time...

These bugs and unfortunate events are minor problems compared to what happened to each new MMO I've tried.

It's a shame young people doesn't have experience or patience nowadays, and shame on those that have short memory.

Edited by Jota

No. Just un-subbed. Game should be much better at launch.

Why so many people approve of EA/Bioware releasing a beta is laughable.

Fix the issues and then I might pay for a good product. Oh and fix the horrible customer service.

I'm enjoying the game a great deal so I'll be playing for awhile. Sadly, this game will not keep my attention for an overlong period of time, not like the other, relatively low pop, MMO I've been playing for 5 years. Immersion killing things like most open world missions will lead to me getting bored with the game after a few months.

Of course I am.

I'm having a blast and the community should improve immensely tomorrow.

You think Fanboys do TOR any favors? " yay, TOR rocks, of course I'm subbing:D" types?

The rest are people patiently waiting and hoping for improvment, enjoying what there is to enjoy, and being vocal about the flaws.

Thinking the community will suddenly improve is rediculous.

Edited by Your_dominus

Oh and fix the horrible customer service.

Their customer service is such a joke.

I opened a ticket about in game AA not doing jack squat. I got a copy pasted answer asking for my DXdiag, after i specifically mentioned my tech knowledge is high, and my driver is up to date, and to please not gime me a copy paste answer.

Plus, AA not working in ingame options in patch 1.1 is a known issue for AMD 6xxx series.

Did I get a " this is a known issue" answer? nope. I got copy pasted " please email your DXdiag.

They don't know there *** from their head.

Edited by Your_dominus

You think Fanboys do TOR any favors? " yay, TOR rocks, of course I'm subbing:D" types?

The rest are people patiently waiting and hoping for improvment, enjoying what there is to enjoy, and being vocal about the flaws.

Thinking the community will suddenly improve is rediculous.

I am patiently waiting for improvements. They won't come any faster if I whine on the forums about them.

I used to work in the sphere of gaming (corporate support for Xbox), I've seen what appear to be small issues take months to fix because the issue isn't as small as it seems.

So when it comes to bug fixes, I'm very patient, as I've seen the other side of it.

What will improve though is all the people who've already cancelled won't be on the forums anymore, so I won't have to read their trash.

And for Crom's sake, it's RIDICULOUS! RI! RI! RI! Not Re.

It's not pronounced "Re-dick-u-luss"

It's "rid-dick-u-luss"

RI!

Like Riddick from Pitch Black.

Edited by Yfelsung

And for Crom's sake, it's RIDICULOUS! RI! RI! RI! Not Re.

It's not pronounced "Re-dick-u-luss"

It's "rid-dick-u-luss"

RI!

Seriously? you call that productive? It's a spelling error. Not necessarily denoting spelling ability

Speaking of the MMO community. Very typicall grammar po-po crap.

Edited by Your_dominus

I'm not going anywhere. The game is still fun. Leveling is amazing. PvE is great (maybe a little over and under tuned in some places). Warzones are great and I'm not too worried about Illum. It'll get sorted out eventually. Blizzard still hasn't managed to created compelling world PvP and they've had 7 years to work on it. I'm willing to give BW some time to work on it. I'm sure optimization will get better as well in the coming patches.

Despite its flaws it is still the best MMO on the market by a good margin.

Seriously? you call that productive? It's a spelling error. Not necessarily denoting spelling ability

It's a spelling error that's ridiculously common and drives me nuts.

I can't see how so many people can spell the same word wrong every bloody time they use it.

Yes, of course...

I remember worse stuff happening on other MMOs at launch, for example on WoW, 6 months and servers wouldn't stay up for a long time, or we would disconnect randomnly all the time...

These bugs and unfortunate events are minor problems compared to what happened to each new MMO I've tried.

It's a shame young people doesn't have experience or patience nowadays, and shame on those that have short memory.

I remember when the Alliance guilds on my server had to assign each other time slots for BWL because too many people in there would crash the server. World bosses like Azuregos would crash the server with all the people fighting over it. We had to turn off all our helm and cloak graphics in Molten Bore or it would lag people horribly. One month after launch you'd still get stuck looting an item off a mob. Not even any raid content at 60 when the game launched. (MC was patched in and Onyxia was too bugged to kill for months). 7 years later Blizz finally fixed the Warrior charge bug.

Yeah, all in all this has been an amazing launch. If people really care about pvp that much they should try another game or unsub for a few months till things get smoothed out.

You bet I'm subbing.

I'm in this game for the long haul, so to speak.

Sure there are bugs and I really expected them to be there.

However, none are game breaking, the one major one that we have recently seen is being worked out in a timely manner. Just as I expect most of the minor bugs to be.

It's called giving them a little time to actually work on it.

We just got the game. Not a patch or update only about a months ago. The game was not built overnight and I'm sure the bugs will not be worked out overnight either.

I like the game and it's worth me giving BW time to work out some things while I play. 6 months down the road I'll reevaluate but for now I'm having a blast in hard modes, normal modes and I'm even Ok with the dailies so far.

You bet I'll keep playing and I haven't even started on seeing the other stories just yet. I can't wait.

Well, I went back and forth on this. Personally, I think the game is very good but it needs time to mature and needs a larger player base at 50 for it to be more enjoyable for me now (as I have two characters at 50 already). So my plan is to UNSUBSCRIBE now and then resubscribe in 2 months when it has less bugs.

Yes for me.

I'd like to point out that through the first four pages the count was 24-4 in favor of resubbing for at least one month. Also, anyone who has worked in sales or customer support knows that an unhappy customer is much more likely to spread the word than a happy customer. Add to that, anyone who really knows the internet knows that people complain more than they praise.

All that combined leaves me with the impression that most people are not going to drop subs, as of now, and that the naysayers are over-estimating their numbers.