Biochem Rakata Medpac Srsly

dardack

I agree, overnerfed.. :\

This 15% more HP for 15 seconds, *** is this? Most useless thing I've seen ever.

Dude. You get for free what other advanced classes need to pay for. Its basically like a free absorb/block but doesnt interfere with abilities being activated. Every little bit helps. Just saying.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rakata Medpac is supposed to heal 3750 - 4575 health, but sometimes it heals "less" than 3K health in PVP, i noticed this several times and dont know why?!

Imho i think Rakata Medpac should be improved again, cause its overnerfed. (most people use it in emergency situations, the 15% more health are no help in this case)

And maybe they should consider to disable all medpacks while inside a warzone! Would make biochem at least less attractive for PVP. -> Same conditions for everyone..

There's a 30% reduced healing buff for being in pvp...this applies to medpacs now as well it seems. My Rakata is averaging about 2.5-2.9k heal in most WZs now. They also removed medpacs from counting towards medals.

The 15% increased max health is only a buff/worth it if you have 18k+ health as compared to the HoT on the previous version. Personally I would rather have the HoT as an operative because chances are I'm not in the middle of a group, I'm picking off the healers in the back lines of the enemy.

Now all thats left is to nerf reusable stims and adrenals. Biochem will be fine then.

Right, take everything decent away from us.

Listen I agree the medpack was a bit OP, but the nerf was too much. I've always said they should buff the other professions with some decent BoP items.

BTW I don't care about spending credits for consumables, that's not a bonus to me, since I've bought enhancements and other things from other crafters. Plus I've made consumables for my guild for raids, like 100's so far. Why wouldn't your guild supply these things?

Rakata Medpac is supposed to heal 3750 - 4575 health, but sometimes it heals "less" than 3K health in PVP, i noticed this several times and dont know why?!

It is because when you enter PvP Combat you get a debuff, look for it. It is called 'Trauma' you retain this debuff while in combat and it gives you 30% less healing. When you 'leave combat' this debuff will go away after 10s of exiting combat allowing you the full benefit of the heal.

They nerfed it for a reason! And not seeing people getting 2 instant healing medals because they facerolled biochem makes me happy! Also, do you really think it's fair that as a biochem you could get healed for as much as a battlemaster healers heavy crit heal? No, i didn't think so.

And the QQ about the mat cost? Well it never runs out now does it? I bet that just a few days of using the "super cheap green ones" would be more expensive than the total cost of the rakata med pack.

Realize that you have enjoyed something that was not ment to work the way it did, and now have to come to par with it being fixed. I bet it sucks to realize as a empire that you can't afk farm thousands and thousands of valor today either ;)

Why? Everyone can use them and they are cheap to produce. It's like saying you should nerf potions in WoW. lol

Actually, it's worse than that since potions are even more expensive to produce, by a long shot.

Not everyone can use them. It makes biochem mandatory for pvp which makes biochem OP compared to other crew skills.

They nerfed it for a reason! And not seeing people getting 2 instant healing medals because they facerolled biochem makes me happy! Also, do you really think it's fair that as a biochem you could get healed for as much as a battlemaster healers heavy crit heal? No, i didn't think so.

And the QQ about the mat cost? Well it never runs out now does it? I bet that just a few days of using the "super cheap green ones" would be more expensive than the total cost of the rakata med pack.

Realize that you have enjoyed something that was not ment to work the way it did, and now have to come to par with it being fixed. I bet it sucks to realize as a empire that you can't afk farm thousands and thousands of valor today either ;)

Um, 1 I was BM before patch. I don't care about farming valor in ilum. I've always said Ilum should be a battle every 2hrs, like TB/WG from WoW.

Um it has a CD, where that healer can keep healing. I also agree'd it was OP. I just think the nerf went too far.

I haven't qq'd about mat cost. But since you went there, I've made 100's of green medpacks for the guild for raids/etc. It's nothing tbh. Also, the blue version still has the HoT on it.

Listen, I'm not asking for much. Why should a rakata not heal more then the green medpac? It makes no sense. I'd rather have the HoT then the 15% HP boost. Maybe give us a choice, like 2 rakata's for those that still want the 15% boost. Maybe I'll try and get the purple from the blue, since I'd rather have the HoT. Didn't realize they hadn't removed the hot from the blue. EDIT but it is remvoed from the purple one reusable one. So dumb.

Anyways, was just saying the nerf went to far, not that it needed nerfing. Just wierd that a green medpac is almost as good as the rakata.

Edited by dardack

Not everyone can use them. It makes biochem mandatory for pvp which makes biochem OP compared to other crew skills.

Well, then that is your answer right there. Make the reusable medpacks not just tradeable but also useable for ALL crafting professions. Problem solved.

The excuse for this was that everyone went Biochem. Just like everyone was SLICING before that nerf.

How about instead of nerfing Slicing and Biochem you make the BOP's for the other professions actually worth it!

Seriously the BOP's dont hold up when put against a PVE or PVP epics. And what is the point. They require you to have insane mats, have gotten your skill to 400, RE'd several items, and then need a Biometric Alloy or whatever.

The issue wasnt with Biochem or Slicing. IT was with everything else.

And yes I realize this is the PVP forum but Im pissed over my Rakata Medpac Nerf. What the hell does 15% extra HP accomplish?!

Edited by Exithole

If people are/were stupid enough to use this exploit with the rakata medpack as widespread in the beginning, then you guys deserve this more then anything.

Dont you guys get it? exploit something and the response from the developers will be harsh.

Its the same with WoW ! remember when warriors was "OP" and everyone complained because warriors found an exploit with the one shot macro ? blizzard nerfed the **** out of warriors into subpar level.

Exploit a game, and YOU will suffer the consequences.

I personally warned everyone that used the rakata medpack in pvp for medal farming, and people just didnt listen. Now see what happend?

STOP complaining and deal with the results YOU caused. Noone else.

hahahahaha. this is the most absurd post ive heard.

"oh we made this item too strong, and then people used it as intended, so now they will feel our wrath!!!!!"

Right, take everything decent away from us.

Listen I agree the medpack was a bit OP, but the nerf was too much. I've always said they should buff the other professions with some decent BoP items.

BTW I don't care about spending credits for consumables, that's not a bonus to me, since I've bought enhancements and other things from other crafters. Plus I've made consumables for my guild for raids, like 100's so far. Why wouldn't your guild supply these things?

I supply my guild with CT stuff but my grenades are worthless and I'd rather have free adrenals and stims than 5min CD of uselessness. And I dont get enough money from CT to whore medkits I can buy from GTN. Also no guild will supply flasks and stims for PvP.

Buffing all other craft skills will take time and for now nerfing biochem is a good thing. And you still get free medkit (where you still get nothing on any other profession, absolutely nothing useful), and adrenals and stims are as good as they were, so biochem is still imba on WZs.

Edited by Vesperr

I supply my guild with CT stuff but my grenades are worthless and I'd rather have free adrenals and stims than 5min CD of uselessness. And I dont get enough money from CT to whore medkits I can buy from GTN. Also no guild will supply flasks and stims for PvP.

Buffing all other craft skills will take time and for now nerfing biochem is a good thing. And you still get free medkit (where you still get nothing on any other profession, absolutely nothing useful), and adrenals and stims are as good as they were, so biochem is still imba on WZs.

biochem still ridiculously good, free stims, free medpacs, free andrenals. I would even go as far to say that biochem is still pretty much a requirement for high end pvp and raiding. Now at least in Warzones people w/o biochem aren't at a huge disadvantage.

Edited by VertisReaper

It's not even worth me pressing the button anymore. 3k health while I'm getting pounded on by people....I'd rather just try to get another shot off or two. BioWare basically destroyed the benefit of being a BioChem crafter and a PvPer. If other people weren't smart enough to pick BioChem and wanted to be a hardcore Pvper...That's their fault. People should have learned by now that taking Potions/BioChem/Whatever in MMO's is ALWAYS the smart thing to do. There is absolutely nothing wrong with a certain crafting profession being the preferred choice of PvPers. Edited by Cluttered

Until the other professions start getting some perks the nerf was not too much. Buff it back up when other profs get something useful, as it stands it still beats every other profession.

It's the MMO way:

"Huh, this ability I have is still OP, but isn't as good as it used to be. I'VE BEEN NERFED. Board whiners unite!"

It's a FREE heal. Now that I've seen how weak the nerf is, I'm levellin biochem.

Oh yeah...and the reusable stim? Still there. Reusable Adrenal? Still there.

I don't see the problem. I basically adds 7000 hp to you (4500 heal and 2500 temporary max health). As a tank this is like a bad *** cool down in both pve and pvp. I have survived better with this new secondary actions. The only thing i don't like is that they don't give me medals any more.

It's not even worth me pressing the button anymore. 3k health while I'm getting pounded on by people....I'd rather just try to get another shot off or two. BioWare basically destroyed the benefit of being a BioChem crafter and a PvPer. If other people weren't smart enough to pick BioChem and wanted to be a hardcore Pvper...That's their fault. People should have learned by now that taking Potions/BioChem/Whatever in MMO's is ALWAYS the smart thing to do. There is absolutely nothing wrong with a certain crafting profession being the preferred choice of PvPers.

The nerf was absolutely needed for PvP biochem still has many other benefits to enhance a player. The Rakata Medpac was a crutch time to quit relying on it to win your fights for you. The 15% boost is great for PvE and you still have the HoT in the blue version. Quit crying!

Does the Rakata medpac give you the immediate extra 15% in health? I was under the impression that it raised your max 15% but did not provide that 15% in healing; i.e. - it heals for around 4k, and you CAN go above your normal health limit, but the medpac wouldn't provide that 15% as additional healing.

If it grants the 15% in bonus healing I may have to reconsider making one; I used my last Biometric alloy on the +Aim stim (good for PvP, and I already have the level 48 purple +End one).

Good thread - I was really underwhelmed by the "new" Rakata medpac, but if it gives you that 15% as more health then it might yet be useful.

Actually, now its on pair with other BOP crafts. My rating 140 bracers and belt were not even in shadow of pre patch rakata medpack, it was bat sh it op.

And well.. you will never run out of it so why QQ? "I WIN" button is gone, deal with it.

What are your metrics sir?

Does the Rakata medpac give you the immediate extra 15% in health? I was under the impression that it raised your max 15% but did not provide that 15% in healing; i.e. - it heals for around 4k, and you CAN go above your normal health limit, but the medpac wouldn't provide that 15% as additional healing.

If it grants the 15% in bonus healing I may have to reconsider making one; I used my last Biometric alloy on the +Aim stim (good for PvP, and I already have the level 48 purple +End one).

Good thread - I was really underwhelmed by the "new" Rakata medpac, but if it gives you that 15% as more health then it might yet be useful.

I would like to know this too.