Legacy System - New playable species?

Tenacity

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeh... Future races/ species should be made as an unlockable feature.

1) Flesh raiders should be made playable after act I

2) Tusken Raiders/ Jawas should be made playable after act II

3) The blue Voss should be made playable after act III

4) Droid should be made playable after an additional side quest of 'reviving droid-XX'

5) Beloved wookies -- only if you complete the story with a smuggler (and its mirror class)

6) Echani

ADD:

7) Master Braga's and Yoda's races

8) Mon Calamari - aka Ackbar

They will only go with Humanoid races to share the char customaization options. so my list will be.

Wookies

Voss

Cat like race we see on Taris(Empire) or occasionally at the Jedi Temple(Tython)

The whatever the heck Asoka/Shak-Ti race is from the animated series/movies

they already have the models for most of the races in-game already. they just need to make it playable... as for helmets they need to do what they made with Ashara. just don't show it... even Ithorian could be made playable and we able to buy customization for him like we do for khem val.

they already have the models for most of the races in-game already. they just need to make it playable...

QFT They've already done the hardest part of the work for introducing Torgruta, Rodians, Trandosians, Wookies, Nautolans, Mon Cals, Wee-Qay, Kel Dor, Devaronians, Gand, etc. The head models/ emotes/ lip sync are done. These races will eventually be a playable part of the game - but probably only through paid expansions that will eventually be released. The original stories might not be playable with these races, but they will probably exist as playable races- because the functionality has already been created. They've already done the hardest part of having them in the game.

If they gave up everything with the first game- why would anyone pay for an expansion in 18 months? Bad for business..... Give 'em a taste- and then watch 'em sweat for more...LOL

P.S. I pray they don't put cathar in the game- it was dumb in KOTOR- it would be even dumber in SWTOR. Keep the thundercats out of my star wars !!

Edited by Cleet_Xia

Forget Cathar. We want Yoda's race. Plus if they made it for the Republic only, it would more than likely fix the imperial to republic balance on servers.

Someone in another thread mentioned wookies and they would do the same thing. Wookies wouldn't be Imperial and they're a fun species. No, maybe not - there would be the problem with the language for all the voice overs unless they could be voiced in english...

Meh.

I'm surprised no one has suggested the Nikto/ Weequay or Iktotchi.

They look awesome, simple head swap again and 2 of them have spots in the campaign for many factions, so models are already in game.

I have to admit that people have a point in that just because species look different they should not be excluded from play. Kaleesh and Yoda's species would be awsome additions.

Also those species that don't speak basic because of lore. Change lore if it means I get to play as a Trandoshan BH or a Jedi Rodian. Jedi Academy had a Rodian that spoke basic, big deal.

It does seem like an excuse and it seems very odd with Star Wars being known for their exotic races not the boring human variations.

I am still hoping on Gran and Kel'dor I just hope BW does not use the story hammer to explain why we can not play a Cathar because two conversatons on Taris would not make a lot of sense and just let us play the species we want to play.

I'm surprised no one has suggested the Nikto/ Weequay or Iktotchi.

They look awesome, simple head swap again and 2 of them have spots in the campaign for many factions, so models are already in game.

I have to admit that people have a point in that just because species look different they should not be excluded from play. Kaleesh and Yoda's species would be awsome additions.

Also those species that don't speak basic because of lore. Change lore if it means I get to play as a Trandoshan BH or a Jedi Rodian. Jedi Academy had a Rodian that spoke basic, big deal.

It does seem like an excuse and it seems very odd with Star Wars being known for their exotic races not the boring human variations.

Think I mentioned them in the thread a lot earlier on. I don't think a lot of fans like them since they always appear to be scheming underworld type aliens, although their are plenty of examples of a lot more respectful ones.

If i had to guess alot of the new playable species would be based off of the available companions mostly because there models are basically there already.

Personally id like to see Nautolans mostly because Kit Fisto is a bad A**.

For those of you that dont know what nautolans are, refer to my profile pic

<--------------------------

While I would enjoy more species, what I would actually like from the Legacy system is the ability to age you're characters, or use some of the faces that seem to be reserved for NPC use. That would be rather appreciated.

Also, a larger selection of larger beards.

DO YOU HEAR ME, BIOWARE!!! I WANT LARGER BEARDS!!!

Forget Cathar. We want Yoda's race. Plus if they made it for the Republic only, it would more than likely fix the imperial to republic balance on servers.

You'll never see a playable Yoda race. LucasArts (or Lucas himself, perhaps) has a huge bug up their butt about that race being unique and special.

Edited by PibbyPib

George Lucas refuses to even identify Yoda's race, so that will never happen

I really want Torgruta, Nautolians and Cathar (Spelling is probably off on the first two) But if I had to choose just one, I'd definitely want a Torgruta. I wouldn't even mind deleting a previously made character if I needed to, but I still don't have characters of every class so I doubt I'd need to anyway.

I think that non-human species would be feasible if they'd use existing voice acting for the NPC aliens and simply applied subtitles. However, I'd warn people that they WILL likely get tired of what their character says, due to it being the same few phrases repeated over and over, the way that the NPCs already do.

I could see them adding some species, such as Duros in this manner. Rodian and Trandoshan would be additional options, but it'd require tweaking of the romance animations.

Others, such as Cathar, Togruta, Voss, and other species that have very humanoid features already seem like they'd be easy to work in. That said, I don't know that Voss make a whole lot of sense story-wise, and I find it slightly amusing that people complain about recolored humans, but then ask for... recolored humans.

SR: Some species previously not available will be come unlocked. But no you won’t be able to play a Wookiee. Legacy aimed at benefitting both alts and mains. Abilities WILL benefit gameplay but not unbalance the game ie. single toon players won’t be disadavantaged significantly but SWTOR is a game always designed for mulptiple toons.

Source: http://toroz.com.au/2012/02/stephen-reid-qa-summary-transcript/

Well. There goes the wookie ship. Though personally I want to see Torguta or Cathar. Probably wanting to play Cathar more. I stopped leveling my scoundrel because of that.

SR: Some species previously not available will be come unlocked. But no you won’t be able to play a Wookiee. Legacy aimed at benefitting both alts and mains. Abilities WILL benefit gameplay but not unbalance the game ie. single toon players won’t be disadavantaged significantly but SWTOR is a game always designed for mulptiple toons.

Source: http://toroz.com.au/2012/02/stephen-reid-qa-summary-transcript/

Well. There goes the wookie ship. Though personally I want to see Torguta or Cathar. Probably wanting to play Cathar more. I stopped leveling my scoundrel because of that.

Way I read the word unlocked means the classes to species will be unlocked. But in theory it could mean that they will unlock more species. Wish I knew for certain but I imagine given DE's QA post it just means sith pureblood Jedi and Chiss Smugglers. Not any new species.

Edited by Izorii

Yeh... Future races/ species should be made as an unlockable feature.

1) Flesh raiders should be made playable after act I

2) Tusken Raiders/ Jawas should be made playable after act II

3) The blue Voss should be made playable after act III

4) Droid should be made playable after an additional side quest of 'reviving droid-XX'

5) Beloved wookies -- only if you complete the story with a smuggler (and its mirror class)

6) Echani

ADD:

7) Master Braga's and Yoda's races

8) Mon Calamari - aka Ackbar

So you want people to have to replay the game 1-50 over and over again? That sounds like a single player game with a online fuction =(