Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Become a Founding Member!

CourtneyWoods

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Amazed at all the negativity for being given something for nothing. Remind me to take you folks off my Christmas gift list (wah - I wanted a X not a Y).

Can't wait for the furore when vet rewards get announced.

Amazed you cannot see the scam:

Step 1) Preorder

Step 2) Beta Test

Step 3) Beta testers bring up idea of some sort of title, you know like "Founders"

Step 4) Bioware brushes off beta testers

Step 5) Alpha build is released at launch

Step 6) Delayed patch is released broken

Step 7) Bioware announces "Founder" title good until March, 1-2 days left to sub period

Step 8) Players who created account in January 2012 foam and froth at mouth feeling deserving of this title

Step 9) Beta testers scratch head

Step 1) Preorder

Step 2) Beta Test

Step 3) Beta testers bring up idea of some sort of title, you know like "Founders"

Step 7) Bioware announces "Founder" title good until March, 1-2 days left to sub period

Step 8) Players who created account in January 2012 foam and froth at mouth feeling deserving of this title

200+ Affection to you!

Step 1) Preorder

Step 2) Beta Test

I was a beta tester.

I preordered the day it was announced.

I was in the second wave of day one early access.

I still see nothing wrong with this..

You guys should NOT even mention you where beta testers, cause if you did what beta testers SUPPOSE to do, this would not be a problem. Its apparent that the beta testers just wanted to play a game and have fun and did close to NOTHING to track down bugs and all we now see in-game. YOU failed big, BETA TESTERS in this game just wanted free fun. Are you proud to say you beta tested a game with this many errors? You failed us all, ppl who could have made this game work didn't get to Beta test cause greedy little kids got there first and did **** to find errors.

This is something that should have been announced at release, rather in the mists of a patch mess up.

It is another example of poor management decisions.

As a customer, the timing makes this gesture appear cheap attempt to make me forget about the patch problems. It is like the slimy used car salesman coming rushing after me, saying he forgot to mention there is a 2% discount if I buy today.
:rolleyes:

Edited by Loekii

You guys should NOT even mention you where beta testers, cause if you did what beta testers SUPPOSE to do, this would not be a problem. Its apparent that the beta testers just wanted to play a game and have fun and did close to NOTHING to track down bugs and all we now see in-game. YOU failed big, BETA TESTERS in this game just wanted free fun. Are you proud to say you beta tested a game with this many errors? You failed us all, ppl who could have made this game work didn't get to Beta test cause greedy little kids got there first and did **** to find errors.

Beta testers reported this game's issues. Beta testers (myself included) repeatedly stated on forums and in bug reports that the game was not ready for release.

Besides, BioWare has its own internal QA department that it PAYS to test their game and provide bug reports/feedback in the first place, so saying that people who beta tested for free hold any accountability for this game's massive flaws is just completely baseless, even if all they did was screw around and play for free - which they did not.

I was a beta tester.

I preordered the day it was announced.

I was in the second wave of day one early access.

I still see nothing wrong with this..

Which simply means it doesnt bother you.

It means nothing in terms of how other members may feel.

^LOL^LOL^LOL^

Little does he know every 10 minutes an evaluation was center screen asking for feedback such as bugs, FPS, loading, lag and if you crashed to desktop.

Little does he know every time you logged off as a Beta tester an evaluation was center screen asking for feedback such as bugs, FPS, loading, lag and if you crashed to desktop.

Now it's Beta testers failed rage :confused:

Edited by Zezel

This is something that should have been announced at release, rather in the mists of a patch mess up.

It is another example of poor management decisions.

As a customer, the timing makes this gesture appear cheap attempt to make me forget about the patch problems.

This. Its obvious how transparent this "reward" is.

Amazed you cannot see the scam either.

I see the perceived scam. I just think your perceptions and reality are two different things. Bioware can't do anything, ANYTHING, without someone complaining.

If it was only given to pre-orders, people who bought it on release without preordering would of cried foul. If it was given to anyone who got it in the month of december, everyone else would of whined. Someones always going to complain about anything they do.

Heres the thing, though. If you're going to quit a title isn't going to keep you here.

So I'm a bit confused, is the only way for me to get the founder title is for me to resubscribe my recurring 6 month?

I may be incorrect, but I believe you just have had to registered your game (ie your first free month) with in that time frame (including the early head starters).

So those that have cancelled, will still receive the title, because they activated a subscription with in the time frame.

In short, I believe it just refers to when you activated your account for the first time, regardless if you cancelled, purchased a 6 month, etc.

I see the perceived scam. I just think your perceptions and reality are two different things. Bioware can't do anything, ANYTHING, without someone complaining.

If it was only given to pre-orders, people who bought it on release without preordering would of cried foul. If it was given to anyone who got it in the month of december, everyone else would of whined. Someones always going to complain about anything they do.

Heres the thing, though. If you're going to quit a title isn't going to keep you here.

^

Hence the scam, which is the point I made.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.