Become a Founding Member!

CourtneyWoods

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bla bla bla... cry cry cry... most of the community is great and I am loving the game. Only people on the forums are a sad group of folks that seem to hate their lives or something. If everyone on the forums doesnt like the game, freakin quit already and be done with it. Everyone else that is enjoying the game is playing the game..

Great game Bioware and great job on 1.1.... Keep the content coming! Im sure a lot of folks will like this little token. I know I am going to grab mine so I can see it 2-4 years from now.

/flame on

Did you read players have until March to get the title? So 2-4 years it will be as meaningless as yours, see it's not about rewarding the founders, hell pre-orders SHOULD HAVE RECEIVED the title, it's about bribing the community to stay.

Unfortunately people are to shallow minded to understand it's not about keeping you the paid player, it's about getting back those that unsubbed.

I read those that are complaining about the things that are broken. i agree that there need to be a lot of bug fixes and some free time. i disagree with the sentiment that giving the title is bad. I like titles. Doesnt mean i dont think they should give free time to those unable to play though no fault of their own. Edited by Yvin
removed quote

Those that have surmised that this isn't about rewarding anyone, but about getting back some of those that have already unsubbed prior to quarterly reports have probably bullseyed it. Why come up with the idea of "founding members" a frigging month into the game? Just seemed like a good idea all of a sudden? rofl yeah right.

BW/EA doesn't care about you, yes you who plan on lovingly shining that digital founders medal or whatever and tucking it under your pillow. It's not for you. It's for "them" (points at the smart people, unlike us, who have already moved on). Egads.

Edited by Katrar

I read those that are complaining about the things that are broken. i agree that there need to be a lot of bug fixes and some free time. i disagree with the sentiment that giving the title is bad. I like titles. Doesnt mean i dont think they should give free time to those unable to play though no fault of their own.

My complaint has nothing to do with not being able to play.

My complaint has to do with the Complete and Utter Lack of Community Relations in the Forums.

Threads like http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=1831081#post1831081 languish with absolutely no acknowledgement or care. No indication that they have a position on the problem or not.

For an MMO forum run by the publisher, this is absolutely sub-standard.

The dev tracker consists of 85% translated boilerplate announcements, and 15% extremely careful damage control messages regarding 2 or 3 of the most popular problems.

It's simply below the standards to which EA and Bioware should have been striving.

And it's not acceptable.

EDIT: And yet they have time for THIS announcement, the timing of which is utterly transparent to anyone paying attention.

Edited by VorpalK

Those that have surmised that this isn't about rewarding anyone, but about getting back some of those that have already unsubbed prior to quarterly reports have probably bullseyed it. Why come up with the idea of "founding members" a frigging month into the game? Just seemed like a good idea all of a sudden? rofl yeah right.

BW/EA doesn't care about you, yes you who plan on lovingly shining that digital founders medal or whatever and tucking it under your pillow. It's not for you. It's for "them" (points at the smart people, unlike us, who have already moved on). Egads.

/signed

If that was the case then preorders only would have received the title...........only.

Also it takes up to 7 days? Bet this isn't even in game, and was thought up today.

BTW does this medal unlock high res (advertisement mode) graphics?

Edited by Zezel

My complaint has nothing to do with not being able to play.

My complaint has to do with the Complete and Utter Lack of Community Relations in the Forums.

Threads like http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=1831081#post1831081 languish with absolutely no acknowledgement or care. No indication that they have a position on the problem or not.

For an MMO forum run by the publisher, this is absolutely sub-standard.

The dev tracker consists of 85% translated boilerplate announcements, and 15% extremely careful damage control messages regarding 2 or 3 of the most popular problems.

It's simply below the standards to which EA and Bioware should have been striving.

And it's not acceptable.

You haven't play World of Warcraft, have you? This is pretty good compared to WoW's community relations.

look guys, rather than giving you an adjustable UI or any of the other dozen + features they decided to ignore you're going to get a sweet pixel medal and yet another name!

kinda reminds me in the early days of wow when everything was on fire and broken but they decided to fix the murloc death animation. thank god!

well this is a nice idea, if it was posted before yesterday and the new patch. now it just look like an transparent and very lame attempt to get subscribers back. much can be said about the average mmo player but i am convinced almost all of us have an IQ higher than our shoenumber and can see right through this! Edited by Jerro

You haven't play World of Warcraft, have you? This is pretty good compared to WoW's community relations.

I did. Since launch (quit a few years back though). Compared to this, Blizzard are practically Zappos. Even back then.

EDIT: also, really? because someone else sucks it's OK to have less than world class customer relations? Wow.

Edited by VorpalK

Bioware, please ignore the people that, despite apparently hating your game, want nothing more than to troll its forums for hours and hours.

This is a fun reward for being here while you guys work out the kinks. When I see it years from now I can look back fondly at some of the bugs and think about all the strides the game will have made by then. Keep up the hard work, and just remember that all those people playing right now are probably having a good time in the world you created.

well this is a nice idea, if it was posted before yesterday and the new patch. now it just look like an transparent and very lame attempt to get subscribers back. much can be said about the average mmo player but i am convinced almost all of us have an IQ higher than our shoenumber and can see right through this!

Do you agree that pre-orders and game buyers should have recieved this title, as oppose to those that part with more money?

I did. Since launch (quit a few years back though). Compared to this, Blizzard are practically Zappos. Even back then.

EDIT: also, really? because someone else sucks it's OK to have less than world class customer relations? Wow.

I dont get the reference. Zappos?

And no, its not acceptable for either company. Cryptic answers a lot of threads with STO (save the jeering, please) so why cant Blizz and Bioware?!