Serious question here.

Nemrodh

you walk in to a car dealership.

You want to buy a car.

The car you want is not out yet it will be though in a few months.

You put a down to have the car so it is held when it shows up.

Few months go by the car is ready for pick up.

They charge you for it before delivery.

They give you a car with no tires or windows.

Missing items they said would be their upon delivery.

They promise to fix it as soon as possible, then charge you for the tow truck to drop it off in your front yard.

And refuse any customer service for said product.

Mind you its the same price as other name brand cars, but they have tires and windows.

Would you buy the car? Or not ask for a refund for it ?

yea... exactly.. Its just like that.

You want to buy a car.

They promise to fix it as soon as possible, then charge you for the tow truck to drop it off in your front yard.

Mind you its the same price as other name brand cars, but they have tires and windows.

I feel obligated to point out that this post will probably be closed/deleted within a few minutes. That's the way it has been going today.

You want to buy a car.

Emphasis on no customer service. WORST customer service. Pitiful.

You want to buy a car.

Idd, I can sign that as well... haha I really hope EA will lose looooots of money for this, because they deserve it. I hope the xmas sale was worth it you idiots.... now go and get other employees than those university kids that tell you that releasing before such a holiday is a smart thing to do, regardless if the product is clearly not ready

I feel obligated to point out that this post will probably be closed/deleted within a few minutes. That's the way it has been going today.

Yeah they are quit to spank you for saying something bad about the game. Its what they call "end game content"

You want to buy a car.

If you put a power supply in your computer mabe it would run, its not the dealerships fault you have no clue how to turn it on....

A car is not software. Sorry to break it to you. A more apt analogy would be like building a series of new roads. Once a road is drivable they will open it to the public. Meanwhile they will continue to construct the rest of the roads, sidewalks, on/offramps, etc.

Also, you can cancel a subscription and wait until the game is more polished if you choose to. You can't cancel your car payment. You don't pay interest on a game subscription either. An MMO also doesn't have a safety rating or have to pass any inspections. With a car you expect a completely finished product from top to bottom. An MMO is an ever-evolving piece of software that changes with time and feedback. If your car comes with a defect then you either have to live with it or pay more money to have it fixed. Worse yet, if the defect is bad enough then your entire car might have to be recalled. You can't simply download a patch for your car.

If vehicle manufacturers could come up with a subscription model and patch/upgrade your car whenever they wanted. They would, because you would hang onto one car for a lot longer and continue to pay them for it for much longer and for a lot more money than you currently do.

You want to buy a car.

Except your dealership probably won't check on your car and patch it up every week and adding new content every so often - That's YOUR job.

I don't think hundreds of people can drive that very same car.

A car without tires doesn't take you anywhere. I can run and play the game perfectly fine.

A "Call of Duty" jeep cost over $10k more than the non-game-branded jeep but it's from the same company with almost the same of everything. I've seen one. It's just got a fancy CoD logo on the side of it and some not-worth-$10k stuff inside.

Just sayin'.

Except your dealership probably won't check on your car and patch it up every week and adding new content every so often - That's YOUR job.

I don't think hundreds of people can drive that very same car.

A car without tires doesn't take you anywhere. I can run and play the game perfectly fine.

A "Call of Duty" jeep cost over $10k more than the non-game-branded jeep but it's from the same company with almost the same of everything. I've seen one. It's just got a fancy CoD logo on the side of it and some not-worth-$10k stuff inside.

Just sayin'.

Well its clear some of you have not bought a car from a dealership. You've heard of a warranty right? You know that part of the contract that says they will do repairs, maintenance and and any factory recalls.

hundreds? try millions. drive the same car. if your referring to the exact car. same goes for the game. I'm not playing the exact same game as you, servers different faction maybe, quest line. you get the idea.

As for the CoD thing, we all know an idiot with money are soon departed.

A car is not software. Sorry to break it to you. A more apt analogy would be like building a series of new roads.

No a car works fine. as for it was a product promised and received was not the same. Wait i take that back. its about 7 years behind the curve on tech, instead of a brand new car at the same price its just 7 years older ..

But keep your blinders on I don't mind. Ill classify you as the same guy that spends 10k extra for a sticker on the side of a jeep, clearly for the name brand not the functionality.

But if you want to use the road analogy, its this then, they start construction on the 4 lane highway that is need, but put 2 lanes in, out of tar instead of asphalt, then top it off with behind schedule by 6 months, and then the company refusing to help put barricades back up to direct traffic because the bott's dots are not put on yet. Oh and promise it will be fixed soon.. but demand more money past the origin budget..

yeah someone would get fired over that..

same analogy, still works. thanks.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.