Swtor performance vs a game 4 years old.

Barracudastr

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

SS or its BS.

I want a SS of you in fleet with 200+ people over by the pvp terminal where you get the daily. You know the place where everyone stands.

If you cant provide that your full of it :).

He meant... in his ship hangar. That's totally the same thing, right?

Edited by Mannic

Wow.

Apparently you kids have never heard the phrase "Apples and oranges."

As in, these are two different games at different stages of development. How about you post some footage from when WoW was one month old?

Oh, that's right, because that might make for a fair comparison.

Here's a fair comparison:

I'm playing the Korean version of TERA, which has gameplay as complex, and graphics which are orders of magnitude better than SW:TOR. I get 60fps in areas with 200 people+ on a server and around 50 people on-screen. Any more and my fps goes down to a minimum of 40fps. Anyone who's played SW:TOR can tell you that you DON'T get this performance in the game.

This is a wonderfully fair comparison, wouldn't you say? Or will you argue that TERA has been out a whopping few months in South Korea? My answer: It was as smooth during beta, which i also played.

I love this game, but the performance is crap, considering the very mediocre graphics for this day and age.

SS or its BS.

I want a SS of you in fleet with 200+ people over by the pvp terminal where you get the daily. You know the place where everyone stands.

If you cant provide that your full of it :).

Yup, go get your screenshot please, i also want to see this. What's that i hear, crickets chirping...

Ya it went over your head.

A game thats older with better graphics can run 100% better then swtor that had 2 years more dev time and about 80 mil more put into it lol.

Go sit in the corner, biodroning at its finest.

My personal opinion...you need a Dunce Cap.

I want a SS of you in fleet with 200+ people over by the pvp terminal where you get the daily.

You first. Since you're such a fan of the "put up or shut up" approach, I assume you'll have no problem producing a screenshot of yourself on the fleet with >200 toons on-screen.

If anyone was taking you seriously before, you've just relieved them of that affliction. You obviously haven't even played the game.

I'm playing the Korean version of TERA, which has gameplay as complex, and graphics which are orders of magnitude better than SW:TOR. I get 60fps in areas with 200 people+ on a server and around 50 people on-screen. Any more and my fps goes down to a minimum of 40fps. Anyone who's played SW:TOR can tell you that you DON'T get this performance in the game.

This is a wonderfully fair comparison, wouldn't you say? Or will you argue that TERA has been out a whopping few months in South Korea? My answer: It was as smooth during beta, which i also played.

I love this game, but the performance is crap, considering the very mediocre graphics for this day and age.

Oh very good point, tera launchs in the US here this spring.

I cant wait to grab some screens from that just to prove a point that swtors engine is crap no matter what game you compare to lol. New or Old.

I bet GW2 will run 20x better then swtor as well. Even after bioware has a few months to patch lol.

Okay, let's take another game then! RIFT! Much better graphics than SWTOR and a fairly new game as well. Yet that game runs a LOT better with 50 people on screen than SWTOR does with half that.

Don't get me wrong. SWTOR is a great game to me and I've loved playing it so far. But there is NO denying that the engine is indeed very, VERY poorly optimized.

Try to go into a city in Rift, this game has no performance issues in comparison to that. Also Rift is almost a year old.

This is the exact reason i've unsubbed and today will be my last day of play time. The game runs GREAT in pve, and on any planet, but the moment you get in a situation where there's multiple PLAYERS (warzones, illium) performance drops like i've never EVER seen in a game before. The culprit is, as many speculate, the hero engine that swtor is using; An INSTANCED based gaming engine converted to an MMO engine.

It's too bad I really really really wanted to like this game.....

You first. Since you're such a fan of the "put up or shut up" approach, I assume you'll have no problem producing a screenshot of yourself on the fleet with >200 toons on-screen.

If anyone was taking you seriously before, you've just relieved them of that affliction. You obviously haven't even played the game.

As far as I can see he didn't claim to have great performance with 200+ people on the screen.

whens thats beast being released in the us

I agree with op, whatever his opinion is. I don't want to put swtor down cause there is a good effort behind it, but something is a miss. Or maybe it's just me. Maybe I have played too much WoW and the games are so similar that I don't get same kind of kicks I used to get from WoW.

I might be completely wrong, but I feel the optimization as an mmo is a miss in swtor. I would very carefully study the kind of graphics used in WoW, how they are made etc. to get the best performance out of swtor.

In my opinion as a pessimist I see the heavy complicated code/engine behind swtor. I think optimization is the key here.

As far as I can see he didn't claim to have great performance with 200+ people on the screen.

I just want to see a screenshot of her/him with over 200 other toons on screen, performance aside. I don't think s/he can pull it off.

It's mid day mid week, I'm at work. I can post something tonight, sorry for having a real rig.

Great I look foward to it.

My rig is probably 10x what yours is though. I strive for cg excellence you see I am a 3d artist/trainer so i generally buy the latest dual cpu systems I have 12 cores in mine.

And dual 590's for cuda support in my 3d apps and 32 gigs of ram for when I am rendering Hi res images for clients.

I am pretty sure my machine specs are mulitudes higher then and gamers machine lol.

I just want to see a screenshot of her/him with over 200 other toons on screen, performance aside. I don't think s/he can pull it off.

But how does his screenshot prove anything? Such screenshot should be provided by the people who claim they have good performance with so many people on screen.

It's mid day mid week, I'm at work. I can post something tonight, sorry for having a real rig.

Ha ha, this is a laughable post dude. I have a Core 2500k at 4.4ghz and Nvidia GTX 580. Gosh darnit, i'd love to hear the specs of your "real" rig.

A game such as this should run at 60fps ALL THE TIME with a Nvidia 550ti, nevermind a GTX 580.