70fps to 15 fps just like that

fitzle

That's because in the open-world you probably never see more than 2 or 3 players at once.

This game's elephant-in-the-room is how terrible it performs with multiple dynamic objects (player characters) being rendered at one time. When those players are actually doing something other than just standing or running around (like using combat skills) the problem is worse. They already admitted this is why we don't have hi-res textures for characters outside of cut-scenes.

Edited by Mannic

The new patch this morning added anti-aliasing as an option.

On my account, the default was HIGH.

It looks beautiful and was happy to see they added this feature.

As I understand it, antialiasing uses your graphics card to smooth out jagged lines at the cost of some FPS.

You can turn it off if you like...

Cost some fps... oh really?

1. Turned on AA in game: fps dropped down 2.5 times (from 60 to 25) with everything else maxed.

2. Went to my NVidia control panel, set "override application AA" for swtor, maxed AA there.

3. Relaunched the game and got 55 fps with the same look as at step 1.

What do I miss?

Cost some fps... oh really?

1. Turned on AA in game: fps dropped down 2.5 times (from 60 to 25) with everything else maxed.

2. Went to my NVidia control panel, set "override application AA" for swtor, maxed AA there.

3. Relaunched the game and got 55 fps with the same look as at step 1.

What do I miss?

You didnt miss anything.

Random people with various computer specs of every kind get bad FPS for no apparent reason.

I have a 6970 GPU for crying out loud and I get 10-20 FPS in the fleet/pvp/raids but 110 everywhere else.

Intel/AMD CPU's, Nvidia/ATI GPU's it doesnt matter. Heck two brothers reportedly had the EXACT same computers and same ISP and one got 60+ FPS in pvp/fleet and the other 10-20.

Bioware refuses to acknowledge the problem and claims we all have low end rigs too. Dont expect a fix anytime soon. Good luck!